Any other ENFP's out there? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Any other ENFP's out there?

I think of type in terms of function development -- I mean, type only describes how you think and develop, not what or why or anything like that. Type isn't meant to limit anyone to a certain criteria :D

Heh, that might be fun.

The skill of being Irish.

It's a natural born talent!

haha Im one of the least Irish people I know, ok lets make this group you can be president and ill be vice any idea how we go about doing this?

one big problem there mate........................................................................................

shes a woman, your gonna have to make the move and arrange to meet up and ultimately If we don't know the girl we can't tell you what she is thinking. But the fact you chatted so much is a good sign.

My advice is arrange to meet up and see what happens

That is a fair point.

Okay, if ENFPs have so many friends and social circles, presumably with other extroverted types, how could an INFJ possibly fit into all this? Wouldn't we seem insignificant?

I think of type in terms of function development -- I mean, type only describes how you think and develop, not what or why or anything like that. Type isn't meant to limit anyone to a certain criteria :D

I know,Ive seen your posts generally speaking quite wise and insightful, some of the others not so much. I like the oll debate but think we think on the same wavelength so cant argue with you................................yet

That is a fair point.

Okay, if ENFPs have so many friends and social circles, presumably with other extroverted types, how could an INFJ possibly fit into all this? Wouldn't we seem insignificant?

ok here's the clincher but I can only speak for myself.

I have lots of friends but very few really close friends. Already this week I have 3 nights out, 1 comedy gig which I arranged(been extravert) and two parties.

Firstly I like the INFP idealist streak, very strong morals and caring people

I like the introvert part because sometimes its nice to spend time in a relaxing environment, we don't need lots of people to have fun sometimes 1 is enough

It gives us a break from been expected to be entertaining all the time. We are also quite smart and like in depth discussions(once again my point of view)

and finally in any healthy relationship is a balance she can still go out on her own with her mates and spend time with you. You dont have to do everything together

Hope this is of use

I know,Ive seen your posts generally speaking quite wise and insightful, some of the others not so much. I like the oll debate but think we think on the same wavelength so cant argue with you................................yet

Heh, well, can't be wise all the time :D I don't pretend to have all the answers...it's kind of more fun when you don't

ok here's the clincher but I can only speak for myself.

I have lots of friends but very few really close friends. Already this week I have 3 nights out, 1 comedy gig which I arranged(been extravert) and two parties.

Firstly I like the INFP idealist streak, very strong morals and caring people

I like the introvert part because sometimes its nice to spend time in a relaxing environment, we don't need lots of people to have fun sometimes 1 is enough

It gives us a break from been expected to be entertaining all the time. We are also quite smart and like in depth discussions(once again my point of view)

and finally in any healthy relationship is a balance she can still go out on her own with her mates and spend time with you. You dont have to do everything together

Hope this is of use

Yes, definitely, thanks!

What you said about introverts being a relaxing environment... The ratio of relaxing to hyper I imagine is leaning towards hyper, yeah? So an introvert can only be of use in small periods of time. I see what you mean about not spend all the time together, of course, but in a romantic relationship worlds are bound to collide. It's not like i'm not up for being energetic or more extroverted, I still can't get my head around how it would work. Which just knocks my confidence about the whole thing. If I didn't know Introversion and Extroversion existed I probably wouldn't be doubting myself about it.

Heh, well, can't be wise all the time :D I don't pretend to have all the answers...it's kind of more fun when you don't

haha yeah. Sure following your own advice is the hardest thing. Well thinking about a problem can be good fun and lucky enough for you nobody will ever have all the answers!

haha gloomy optimist eh? one of my best friends is sorta like that,im gonna get him ti take the MBTI and see what he is,I think hes a new species though

Most of my ENFP friends like as much as they do because the concider me to be their "rock". Meaning that when they have a crisis I am the one that they come do and when I give them advice or pointers they calm down. They just value the clarity that I can give them because they can't help but dart from one idea to the next. This is Ni and Ne balencing together.

They also just find me to "really interesting", and concider me to be part of there eceltic collection of people. So long as you are able to break out of your introverted shell now and then, ENFP and INFJ's can work together very well. I mean we have the same function order, just reversed usage. Ni>Fe>Ti>Se vs. Ne>Fi>Te>Si. All of the holes are filled.

Yes, definitely, thanks!

What you said about introverts being a relaxing environment... The ratio of relaxing to hyper I imagine is leaning towards hyper, yeah? So an introvert can only be of use in small periods of time. I see what you mean about not spend all the time together, of course, but in a romantic relationship worlds are bound to collide. It's not like i'm not up for being energetic or more extroverted, I still can't get my head around how it would work. Which just knocks my confidence about the whole thing. If I didn't know Introversion and Extroversion existed I probably wouldn't be doubting myself about it.

ok well I can be hyper when in big groups, I would be very playful but not all the time and im very extraverted (78%-90% E)

and my final advice and please take this if any!

You cant control the outcome of a relationship, you just dont know whats gonna happen and thinking and thinking about the situation wont change a thing

Just go for it and see what happens, you spoke to the girl for a couple of hours and you liked her so you'll probably like her.

If it doesnt work out in 5 years time you'll be happy knowing you gave it a go. If you dont give it a go you waste countless hours thinking what if?

I dunno I could be wring but thats my advice, see if any others maybe have a different insight

2 hours thinking what if vs 5 years of a failed relationship....

The choice is difficult to make.

I was basing the scenario on the information you previously gave.

I side with slant's earlier comment that being Irish is a skill.

Also, I used to be an ENFP, or that's what I tested first...but I was far more confused about myself and probably chose a lot of contradictory answers. Anywho, I like this forum, hiyaa.

I was basing the scenario on the information you previously gave.

sorry if in 5 years time after you tried to ask a girl out and it didn't work, when you look back, not even 5 years in 5 months time, you would be proud that you took the risk and that you have closure on the answer!

well i would anyhow

Wait, I asked a girl out and it didn't work, and I'm sitting and sulking about it for five years?

D:

I hate this scenario.

I side with slant's earlier comment that being Irish is a skill.

Also, I used to be an ENFP, or that's what I tested first...but I was far more confused about myself and probably chose a lot of contradictory answers. Anywho, I like this forum, hiyaa.

confused on a forum? never

well whats the craic anyhow?any advise for our buddy?

Most of my ENFP friends like as much as they do because the concider me to be their "rock". Meaning that when they have a crisis I am the one that they come do and when I give them advice or pointers they calm down. They just value the clarity that I can give them because they can't help but dart from one idea to the next. This is Ni and Ne balencing together.

Yes, I can definitely see how this could work. I'd say i'm a rock for a lot of my E friends.

ok well I can be hyper when in big groups, I would be very playful but not all the time and im very extraverted (78%-90% E)

and my final advice and please take this if any!

You cant control the outcome of a relationship, you just dont know whats gonna happen and thinking and thinking about the situation wont change a thing

Just go for it and see what happens, you spoke to the girl for a couple of hours and you liked her so you'll probably like her.

If it doesnt work out in 5 years time you'll be happy knowing you gave it a go. If you dont give it a go you waste countless hours thinking what if?

I dunno I could be wring but thats my advice, see if any others maybe have a different insight

Yeah, there is no way around it really. I'm just gonna have to follow her up on that meeting she promised and ask her if she wants to go out sometime. Now, if I could only get a hold of her....

Wait, I asked a girl out and it didn't work, and I'm sitting and sulking about it for five years?

D:

I hate this scenario.

oh GOD! bless your 16 year old mind! more than likely in a given space of time usually a month or two you wont be sulking about it, unless its a really close friend of yours then you may sulk for longer!

some people get over things alot quicker in which case it could only take a minute

Yes, I can definitely see how this could work. I'd say i'm a rock for a lot of my E friends.

Yup. If you show genuine emotional care for an ENFP when they are at a low point, they are a friend for life pretty much.