AntiFA, the newest terrorist organization. | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

AntiFA, the newest terrorist organization.

Why are you trying so hard to dance around this?
I'm not. Again I did not realize it was a serious question that I was expected to answer. Now that I do I can say I simply do not care enough to spend time looking for a specific source definition. If we can't agree the most likely definition of a terrorist organization I am willing to listen to others ideas on it. But again I am not compelled.in the slightest to spend more time on it.

Beyond that l would have to do what anyone would...use Google. Considering that anyone can do this why would I waste my time doing it for others?

Because you're the one making the assertion.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Because you're the one making the assertion.
There is really quite a bit lost in typed words. I'm having to guess quite a bit of what people expect from me.
Whatever...Ill fricken look for and official definition of terrorist organization and get back to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloe Djinn
That doesn't say what you think it does. Which is probably why I couldn't find it.
It says exactly what I think it does. It gives a basic overlay of how long they have been around and what they have been doing.
I apologize if it doesn't meet your standards.

I provided a article that clearly shows the structure of antifa. Less organized than some groups, more than others. Still it's clearly an organization.
no you didn't and clearly the article, or more precisely the opinion piece, only alludes to a structure and touches upon a series of events
Untitled.png
here is a more in depth description
Untitled.jpg
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/video-richard-spencer-punch-antifa-fascism/

As to whether they are "terrorist? by the definition that terrorism is the use of violence to deprive individuals of their rights, I would have to say yes.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2017-8-26_13-37-24.png
    upload_2017-8-26_13-37-24.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
It says exactly what I think it does. It gives a basic overlay of how long they have been around and what they have been doing.
I apologize if it doesn't meet your standards.
Um yeah my standards are the standards of basic reason and understanding what words mean.

I am wary of organizations like this. Whether they dub themselves by that title or not.

I think too many people try to force things that should not be forced. I am learning to let go, it is not easy.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/terrorist+organization

Noun 1. terrorist organization - a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
foreign terrorist organization, FTO, terrorist group
act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculateduse of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians inorder to attain goals that are political or religious orideological in nature; this is done through intimidation orcoercion or instilling fear

BEGIN DISCUSSION!!!!

no you didn't and clearly the article, or more precisely the opinion piece, only alludes to a structure and touches upon a series of events
View attachment 37024
here is a more in depth description
View attachment 37025
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/video-richard-spencer-punch-antifa-fascism/

As to whether they are "terrorist? by the definition that terrorism is the use of violence to deprive individuals of their rights, I would have to say yes.
Stu! You didn't ignore the thread after all!

Reactions: Stu
No hostility. Just honest assessment.
What I said is accurate. It provides a basic overview and structure of antifa. Not vastly in depth but enough.

BEGIN DISCUSSION!!!!

There is something wrong with me because I thought that was hilarious.

Titles don't matter. Things are dictated by culture. You might think that culture serves the government, but this is inaccurate. Hierarchical structures are decided by culture which develops into the government. Sure there is a feedback loop, but ultimately, it all comes down to the masses which are made up of varying degrees of successful people in their own domain.

What I said is accurate. It provides a basic overview and structure of antifa. Not vastly in depth but enough.

That's not what you implied the first time. And no, it really isn't enough. It doesn't tell you any more than what you could gather by simply watching them do stuff.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Stu
That's not what you implied the first time. And no, it really isn't enough. It doesn't tell you any more than what you could gather by simply watching them do stuff.
We have a difference of opinion then.

The question is how do we use a hierarchical structure to organize ourselves without putting shame on the less fortunate?

There is something wrong with me because I thought that was hilarious.

Titles don't matter. Things are dictated by culture. You might think that culture serves the government, but this is inaccurate. Hierarchical structures are decided by culture which develops into the government. Sure there is a feedback loop, but ultimately, it all comes down to the masses which are made up of varying degrees of successful people in their own domain.

Yeah I just thought it was absurd for an OP to refuse to formally define what they are claiming. It's not as if all assertions ever made in any thread necessitate a dictionary definition, but when someone asks you to define what you mean and you refuse, it's like you're openly declaring that you don't want the discussion to be clear, fair, or conclusive. Hence my joking declaration of the start of the discussion at 9 pages in. Anyway, per @Eventhorizon that was not the intention and my Saturday of tooth-pulling is complete. I should probably go outside and give my skin at least a cursory exposure to the light of day.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Stu