An interesting moment in history | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

An interesting moment in history

Great posts from Satya! I think the best possible scenario would be to let the criminals on Wall Street fail and truly have another Great Depression because then another New Deal could be implemented. That is what Democrats need to seriously consider if they do get a majority in Congress and the WH.

Just as Social Security was created last time, Universal Healthcare should be implemented now. The GOP will moan and groan just like they did and do over Social Security, but they'll be more than eager to use it when the time comes!

It would also be super to have a new version of the WPA. Writers and thinkers could be put to work for the greater good. Infrastructure could be improved nationwide. High Speed Rail could finally be built here just as the Interstate Highway Act was implemented 50 years ago.

My only question for the board is, what is with all the support for Ron Paul? Isn't he a Republican from Texas who is anti-abortion?

I thought the Dems. had the majority in congress.

I thought the Dems. had the majority in congress.

For the last two years they have, but the Republicans have filibustered everything they have tried to pass through. The Dems need a controlling majority of congress.

I prefer to read about history, rather than experience it. I'm a wuss like that.

I prefer to read about history, rather than experience it. I'm a wuss like that.

I absolutely get that.

As the days go on, and I hear McCain trying (and failing) to diffuse the angry mob energy his campaign has formed (and that Palin continues to throw napalm on) I am fearful of what may be crouching in wait no matter who wins.

Its starting to seem as though whichever of them wins, there will be some kind of frighteningly angry backlash and I dread it. I dread it for myself, but moreso for my kids.

I hope I'm just being morbid Worst Case Scenario Girl but yes, I'd rather read about it than live it or try to figure out what I need to do to protect my children from it.

If you guys are fearful of USA move up to Canada they won't be able to find you. I know this because when I was there no one knew geography xD

I'm keeping the British Virgin Islands open as an option (I prefer the climate there to Canada's... no offense, Canadians!)

Yeah as someone said. It's not only affecting North America. We in EU is getting the effects aswell. I think Iceland has a rough time for one example.
Someone made a joke and put out the country for sale on E-bay, starting from 99 punds.
:ml:

i would like to see mccain as pres with obama as vice

Under the original Constitution, whoever got first place in the election became president, and whoever was second became vice president. But we amended that as soon as it became clear that it simply wasn't a good idea to put someone in a VP spot who had been competing for President. I think we would have had a lot more associations had we done it the old way.

The Vice President does extremely little. They vote to break ties in the Senate and they take over the Presidency if the president is disabled or killed. I would not advise rooting for McCain though, because that would mean Palin would be a 72 year-old's heartbeat from being the president of this country.

yeah you already have one illiterate bible bashing censor advocate on the throne

Speaking of which...

Win.
[YOUTUBE]jGiUq4RDCSE[/YOUTUBE]

The Vice President does extremely little. They vote to break ties in the Senate and they take over the Presidency if the president is disabled or killed. I would not advise rooting for McCain though, because that would mean Palin would be a 72 year-old's heartbeat from being the president of this country.

I think, historically, this was true, but Cheney has been successful in overstepping the limits of his office, breaking the restraints, with sickening results. I believe the precedent has been set.

Interesting article on the topic, by a previous VP:

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/08/03/2952

i would like to see mccain as pres with obama as vice

Would you really?
rt_mccain_obama_081020_ssh.jpg

yes. Then there will be peace. So we kill mccain and have a good pres

yes. Then there will be peace. So we kill mccain and have a good pres

Mmmkay. But I still think it might be a little "nicer" just to elect the good pres and avoid premeditated murder altogether ;)

Yes. I fly my pacific colors proudly ;)