Adult Indigo Characteristics | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Adult Indigo Characteristics

meh....more psychic voodoo mystic garbage for us. I never understand why people feel the need to question things they never had the intention to understand in the first place but want to throw it out there by "questioning" it like they are doing a favor for everyone. if you don't get it; move on; nobody is trying to convert you.

Ok enjoy your echo chamber sweet pea

Reactions: barbad0s
It's not about labeling or feeling special. It's just a list of characteristics for a small group of people who find it useful in their spiritual journey. Same idea as being an infj does not make you special; it's just a framework to understand our capabilities.

It feels like the MBTI of Spirituality lol.

I find it all very interested and have read about it, but have a difficult time integrating the concept into my self perception as I've forcibly closed myself off on a more spiritual and emotional level.

Ok enjoy your echo chamber sweet pea

I can tell you both from personal experience that PK actually does indeed exist in the world.
There have been multiple witnesses in most cases and every possible way for what happened to happen was investigated including calling the USGS to see if the was some sort of earthquake.
Now perhaps you don’t believe any or all of this and that is fine…those that do, we believe because we have seen it with our own eyes in most if not all cases, and it was from that moment , not the other way around, that we began to investigate the reasons it could occur.

It feels like the MBTI of Spirituality lol.

I find it all very interested and have read about it, but have a difficult time integrating the concept into my self perception as I've forcibly closed myself off on a more spiritual and emotional level.

It's ok. I was the same way when i first embarked on my journey. Lot of questioning and wondering about a lot of information and trying to see if it will help me improve my life. I think that's what it is really about; if something new we learn will help us live more happier. And I understand it if this information is not helpful to other people or really stretches one's beliefs. I just hope that if one finds this info useful that they will not feel like they are 'wierd" or experiencing these symptoms without downplaying their budding spiritual insights. There is so much resistance in spreading certain knowledge that are already categorized as "voodoo" or "psychic bullshit" - but many people are experiencing similar experiences and they inhibit themselves in sharing it because they don't want to be ridiculed or labeled as crazy. And I think that is unfair.

Basic characteristics of Indigo children/adults - useful for those who are in the process of waking up and having a spiritual awakening. It's pretty straight forward; either you identify with most of these characteristics or you don't. Little background on the indigo, crystal and rainbow children - the first wave of indogo children were born after the 1950's - the first wave being part of the first movement to shake the foundations of governments and political wars/strife - the 1960's. Second wave came about in the late 70's but mainly the 80's - and the last wave being in the early 2000. According to native indian and psychic revelations - the indigo souls are not of earth origin - meaning they chose to reincarnate to help raise the vibrations of earth and help facilitate change on earth. Started after the first atomic bomb was dropped; sending out a message to the galaxies that earth is indeed going down a path of annhilation.

Indigo's hold a more attuned vibrations compared to a regular earth soul. There are many resources available now that explain where the true rigins of the indigos are from - do research and you will find out. Here are just the basics on understanding an indigo and from my experience INFJs, INFPs, INTPs, INTJs expose indigo characteristics - not sure if the traits are more for introverts.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT ON A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY OR IN THE PROCESS OF WAKING UP - THIS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

Characteristics:

* Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
* Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn’t DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
* Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.

* Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.
* Alienation from or anger with politics — feeling your voice won’t count and/or that the outcome really doesn’t matter.

* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream — 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at “Big Brother watching you.”
* Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
* Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young — in or before teen years.
* Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn’t mean you’re not an indigo, though.
* Have strong intuition. * Random behavior pattern or mind style — (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
* May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
* May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
* Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
* When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.
Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

Those who are creating worldwide change, revolutions, computer hackings, expose on hidden government activities, environmental activism, mystics , natural and energy healers, modern medicine men/women- all are the INdigo energies that are helping to shift earth's vibrations. It is working on smaller clusters and we still have a long time to go to see a major shift.

On the spiritual plane; post 2012 - people are given a chance to raise their vibrations by waking up to their spiritual essence, living an organic and earth centered lifestyle, to give more than take and focusing on healing. Those who are waking up are choosing to raise their vibrations to match the new frequency and those who wishes to stay behind with all that was is splitting into two spiritual planes on earth. Time is speeding up due to the earth's increase in vibrational frequency and people can voluntarily choose to move higher in consciousness or not. Indigo's are leading the way.

I love how you emphasized the "IN" in INdigo.

All of those characteristics reflect my entire life.
I was reflecting on my life the other day - sort of having a "life review" if you will - and noted how I haven't really changed that much at all in my core patterning. Looking back I can see where I've been sent here to change things. I was born in 1956 at a time when there was nothing out there to help me understand what the hell was wrong with me. I am delighted to see that you guys have support now. :love:

It's ok. I was the same way when i first embarked on my journey. Lot of questioning and wondering about a lot of information and trying to see if it will help me improve my life. I think that's what it is really about; if something new we learn will help us live more happier. And I understand it if this information is not helpful to other people or really stretches one's beliefs. I just hope that if one finds this info useful that they will not feel like they are 'wierd" or experiencing these symptoms without downplaying their budding spiritual insights. There is so much resistance in spreading certain knowledge that are already categorized as "voodoo" or "psychic bullshit" - but many people are experiencing similar experiences and they inhibit themselves in sharing it because they don't want to be ridiculed or labeled as crazy. And I think that is unfair.

I don't think about it in that way. Not within myself. I see other people who very often will try to go too full force into it and they start to form a sort of external "identity" for show that doesn't match their inner belief systems or how they operate. I just do what I do and I am as I am, where some are as they are but pretend otherwise. I think this is where the disconnect can arise. It seems false because it's obvious when people pretend. But that is their own journey and I just learned not to roll my eyes at it.

I don't think about it in that way. Not within myself. I see other people who very often will try to go too full force into it and they start to form a sort of external "identity" for show that doesn't match their inner belief systems or how they operate. I just do what I do and I am as I am, where some are as they are but pretend otherwise. I think this is where the disconnect can arise. It seems false because it's obvious when people pretend. But that is their own journey and I just learned not to roll my eyes at it.

I don't think people who are having psychic phenomenons and having spiritual awakenings as "pretending". I see them as individuals struggling to understand new information and state of consciousness that were unfamiliar to them before. It creates a battle within; against what they have always known and identified with versus new information and insight that they cannot fully understand yet. Because of this people need support; not labeling and categorizations into a mental "disorder" or having a false personality. True disconnection occurs when you cannot integrate your spiritual/soul self with that of your conscious mind and ego. Lack of harmony or over emphasis on one side leads to feeling of emptiness. Real pretending starts when the know it all attitude of the ego gives a false promise of knowing oneself.

I love how you emphasized the "IN" in INdigo.

All of those characteristics reflect my entire life.
I was reflecting on my life the other day - sort of having a "life review" if you will - and noted how I haven't really changed that much at all in my core patterning. Looking back I can see where I've been sent here to change things. I was born in 1956 at a time when there was nothing out there to help me understand what the hell was wrong with me. I am delighted to see that you guys have support now. :love:

I can't imagine what it have been like to not be able to have support during those early times. Did you ever meet others who exhibited similar characteristics? especially during the first wave of change in the 60's?

Even now there is not enough support. Those who are indigos have to seek out groups and support privately. But it is getting there; but still a lot of resistance from those who are still asleep.

I don't think people who are having psychic phenomenons and having spiritual awakenings as "pretending". I see them as individuals struggling to understand new information and state of consciousness that were unfamiliar to them before. It creates a battle within; against what they have always known and identified with versus new information and insight that they cannot fully understand yet. Because of this people need support; not labeling and categorizations into a mental "disorder" or having a false personality. True disconnection occurs when you cannot integrate your spiritual/soul self with that of your conscious mind and ego. Lack of harmony or over emphasis on one side leads to feeling of emptiness. Real pretending starts when the know it all attitude of the ego gives a false promise of knowing oneself.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am talking about people who like the idea of it yet do not possess the qualities and take advantage of those who truly believe and are open to it.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am talking about people who like the idea of it yet do not possess the qualities and take advantage of those who truly believe and are open to it.

I understand now. sorry for the confusion. Do you think it is a certain set of qualities needed to kind of delve into the metaphysics aspect of life or do you think it can happen and occur naturally? I get a lot of emails from people that need a lot of support and since i write a lot about this stuff; they do say the same things you mentioned. not having a clear understanding and wanting more clarification. maybe it is a personal choice to say investigating the spiritual part of ourselves? I did spend many years and continuing to get more in touch with my spiritual self. I do admit it was awkward and foreign in the beginning; but something kept drawing me to it. I'd be interested to hear your views on how you deal with the spiritual aspects that are within us.

I understand now. sorry for the confusion. Do you think it is a certain set of qualities needed to kind of delve into the metaphysics aspect of life or do you think it can happen and occur naturally? I get a lot of emails from people that need a lot of support and since i write a lot about this stuff; they do say the same things you mentioned. not having a clear understanding and wanting more clarification. maybe it is a personal choice to say investigating the spiritual part of ourselves? I did spend many years and continuing to get more in touch with my spiritual self. I do admit it was awkward and foreign in the beginning; but something kept drawing me to it. I'd be interested to hear your views on how you deal with the spiritual aspects that are within us.

When I get out of work and on my own computer I will write about this as I have many thoughts.

Yes...oh Yes! Excellent explanation and advocacy!

I can't imagine what it have been like to not be able to have support during those early times. Did you ever meet others who exhibited similar characteristics? especially during the first wave of change in the 60's?

Even now there is not enough support. Those who are indigos have to seek out groups and support privately. But it is getting there; but still a lot of resistance from those who are still asleep.

I think the fact I was living in the rural bible belt suggest that even if there were people like me - we would have never been able to find each other because we were all so repressed/oppressed/suppressed. So no...I never found anyone else like me. Truly my most trusted friend was the filly I raised and kept for 9 years beginning in my early teens.

Down in East Texas the local radio and tv stations banned certain "negative" influences that might harm the children. For example we weren't allowed to see the Beatles or hear some of their music such as "Revolution". I think when John declared they were larger than Jesus - the South said "Oh no you will not listen to that man!"...and so it went. I lived under the heavy curtain of religious dogma and severity. In high school during the inflammatory time of De-Segregation - the ideology took on a frantic pace. People I had grown up with and were friends began to tell me I was going to hell because I was a Catholic. It's weird to see your alleged friends start to look at you as if you're the devil. Of course back then i was devastated and it traumatized me. No wonder I only trusted my horse. If I hadn't lived in the country with some horses, dogs, and other animals - I would have tried to kill myself.

Now when people look at me like I'm the devil I giggle to myself. :lol: It's all good...

I agree we still do not have enough support out there for us - hence one of the reasons I'm back here in the forum more. We all need each other and it is my personal opinion the INxx's are the ones you are talking about. My facebook community is growing though - by leaps and bounds - yet we are sooooooo divergent from one another it's hard to find common experiences. I admit it's been difficult to find others going through the same kinds of weird experiences I am having....but at least there has been a couple. On the one hand I'm beginning to understand no two people will have the same awakening. On the other hand it's very gratifying to see another "seeing purple everywhere" like I am for example - if for no other reason to know I'm not going insane. LOL

There are mentors out there like on youtube and blogs and such. Thankfully they had the courage to rise up and share back when I needed them in 2012. I also appreciate this forum very much for helping me blossom in to who I am today. I'm not sure I'd have gotten this far without you guys. :hug:

Thank you for this.

I'm a magnet for first wavers...my area is a magnet for them. I wish there were more (awakened indigos/crystals) my age around here. I've met a few ,but would like to meet more.

I agree wholeheartedly with [MENTION=6650]SealHammer[/MENTION].

While I think it a little rude to rain on your parade, it reeks of egotism that I think is worth pointing out as delicately as possible. This seems to portray non-indigo people as simplistic dullards.

It's actually incredibly generalized and tautological:

Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
The usage of the word 'stupidity' should give this one away. That's an unequivocally derogatory term that is, by definition, not desirable.

May have trouble with RAGE.
It wouldn't be rage if it were easy to handle.

Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.
Another rhetorical tautology. Things considered to be broken or ineffective are, by definition, a problem.

Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at “Big Brother watching you.”
Who loves rights being taken away? A "right" is defined as that which one is entitled to. You would have to redefine it as something other than a right to justify taking it away. Another tautology.

When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.
As opposed to finding balance and becoming weak, ill, and unhappy individuals?

I'm sure we all feel negatively towards others from time to time, but dehumanizing other people to uplift oneself into specialness is not enlightenment. It's false humility and egotism.

I apologize for trampling on the discussion, but I think this is a very unhealthy avenue for self-awareness. I'll refrain from saying anything more.

I have all that Psychic voodoo mystic garbage going on.. and it's not a necessarily fun thing to have.... I'm just happy that I finally understand that I'm just different and not mentally ill, like the modern world's psychologists like to put it.

I would like to share this. More personal stories from Indigo souls which sound like my daily life to me... and might be interesting for you to read :)

http://www.namastecafe.com/evolution/indigo/speaks7.htm

You've put it so, so, so wonderfully! I'm just starting to understand this myself...

Last edited:
I'm sure we all feel negatively towards others from time to time, but dehumanizing other people to uplift oneself into specialness is not enlightenment. It's false humility and egotism.

I apologize for trampling on the discussion, but I think this is a very unhealthy avenue for self-awareness. I'll refrain from saying anything more.

well indigo's are not special nor are they enlightened - its quite the opposite. in fact it would have been better if indigos were able to reach higher forms of enlightenment. again - its the same argument i keep seeing - the idea that infjs are special, blah blah - but they are not - they are just DIFFERENT with certain characteristics that may not be found in other types. it's the same with indigos - they have certain behavioral traits that are heightened and more sensitized to their environment and this in turn affects their physical, emotional and spiritual bodies. though the most "special" thing indigos DO have is their ability to have access to the spiritual realms without interference from their emotional or rational egos.

i don't see having certain pronounced behavioral traits compared to others as "dehumanizing" - it maybe dehumanizing if the characteristics of indigos are seen as the best possible way to be. but it is not - indgos often lead a very difficult, lonely and misunderstood life - it maybe more difficult or less difficult than a person who maybe not as sensitized as indigos.

even if certain groups of people are deemed "special" - so what? - specialness exists throughout the animal kingdom - we live in a world where we awe at those who have special something and use it to gain recognition and power. athletes, musicians, politicians, etc - people who possess 'special" abilities that helps them navigate through the terrain of life and achievement. i don't get the hung up on the idea of being "special" as dehumanizing to those who are not? i don't really get that.

indigo characteristics can help one understand their complexities and this can lead to self awareness. but that does not make life easier for them. in fact; with the added understanding of their sensitivity - life becomes more difficult to handle because of the fact that they may not fare well in traditional environments of hostility, competition and always being on the go.

Reactions: Kgal
I think it might apply on a lot of young adults and especially NF types. I think the changes in society, governance, trends and styles of parenting might be responsible for this.
I do relate to probably everything related to indigo children, not saying there is not a spiritual cause for it, but objectively counting more options into it, I think the changes we've been through mainly between centuries, might be the reason why so many today's adults and children relate to that. I'd say mostly young adults born in 90s who survived through two different millenniums at such a young age might feel like indigo children.