Adult Indigo Characteristics | INFJ Forum

Adult Indigo Characteristics

Solongo

Mar 18, 2009
MBTI
INFJ all day
Basic characteristics of Indigo children/adults - useful for those who are in the process of waking up and having a spiritual awakening. It's pretty straight forward; either you identify with most of these characteristics or you don't. Little background on the indigo, crystal and rainbow children - the first wave of indogo children were born after the 1950's - the first wave being part of the first movement to shake the foundations of governments and political wars/strife - the 1960's. Second wave came about in the late 70's but mainly the 80's - and the last wave being in the early 2000. According to native indian and psychic revelations - the indigo souls are not of earth origin - meaning they chose to reincarnate to help raise the vibrations of earth and help facilitate change on earth. Started after the first atomic bomb was dropped; sending out a message to the galaxies that earth is indeed going down a path of annhilation.

Indigo's hold a more attuned vibrations compared to a regular earth soul. There are many resources available now that explain where the true rigins of the indigos are from - do research and you will find out. Here are just the basics on understanding an indigo and from my experience INFJs, INFPs, INTPs, INTJs expose indigo characteristics - not sure if the traits are more for introverts.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT ON A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY OR IN THE PROCESS OF WAKING UP - THIS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

Characteristics:

* Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
* Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn’t DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
* Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.

* Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.
* Alienation from or anger with politics – feeling your voice won’t count and/or that the outcome really doesn’t matter.

* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream – 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at “Big Brother watching you.”
* Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
* Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young – in or before teen years.
* Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn’t mean you’re not an indigo, though.
* Have strong intuition. * Random behavior pattern or mind style – (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
* May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
* May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
* Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
* When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.
Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

Those who are creating worldwide change, revolutions, computer hackings, expose on hidden government activities, environmental activism, mystics , natural and energy healers, modern medicine men/women- all are the INdigo energies that are helping to shift earth's vibrations. It is working on smaller clusters and we still have a long time to go to see a major shift.

On the spiritual plane; post 2012 - people are given a chance to raise their vibrations by waking up to their spiritual essence, living an organic and earth centered lifestyle, to give more than take and focusing on healing. Those who are waking up are choosing to raise their vibrations to match the new frequency and those who wishes to stay behind with all that was is splitting into two spiritual planes on earth. Time is speeding up due to the earth's increase in vibrational frequency and people can voluntarily choose to move higher in consciousness or not. Indigo's are leading the way.

Last edited:

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Last edited:
I have always found this really interesting, thanks for sharing~

Most of this sounds like me and things I have had an awareness of about myself since I was a child but I never thought of myself as anything special or that I was indigo, though others have said this about me. I don't really understand the labeling of it, but maybe that's just because I know who I am regardless of whatever connotations this kind of labeling has.

Reactions: Ryso89
so who's the person who has the authority to say what characteristics an 'indigo' has and why do they have that authority.

are they just king bullshitters tricking you into eating their bullshit i.e. expert forer effect manipulators because boy howdy those statements are just general enough to describe a whole lot of people

makes u think

Reactions: acd
so who's the person who has the authority to say what characteristics an 'indigo' has and why do they have that authority.

are they just king bullshitters tricking you into eating their bullshit i.e. expert forer effect manipulators because boy howdy those statements are just general enough to describe a whole lot of people

makes u think

Like i said; either you relate to the characteristics or you don't. If it doesn't work for you; keep it moving and leave the information for those that find it useful. The post is meant to be informative not inflammatory.

Reactions: may
All of the above. I even recently blew out a lady's light bulbs when i did a healing on her.

Reactions: InfernoMink and Asa
Most of this sounds like me and things I have had an awareness of about myself since I was a child but I never thought of myself as anything special or that I was indigo, though others have said this about me. I don't really understand the labeling of it, but maybe that's just because I know who I am regardless of whatever connotations this kind of labeling has.

It's not about labeling or feeling special. It's just a list of characteristics for a small group of people who find it useful in their spiritual journey. Same idea as being an infj does not make you special; it's just a framework to understand our capabilities.

All of the above. I even recently blew out a lady's light bulbs when i did a healing on her.

Awesome:m161:

i want to get reiki done :)

Like i said; either you relate to the characteristics or you don't. If it doesn't work for you; keep it moving and leave the information for those that find it useful. The post is meant to be informative not inflammatory.

yeah but who decides that these are characteristics of purple people and from where do they draw their authority is what i'm asking

Reactions: acd
Electrical more as a child…like the incident with the remote control R2D2 directly under my head moving around in it’s box at night.
As I have gotten older it’s been more PK type energy from me…which makes sense to me as I am rather Earth oriented.
It’s been about a year and a half without an “incident”…last time the door to the bedroom slammed and there was knocking on the walls all night according to Sensiko.
This was when I was going cold turkey off all the pain meds. so who knows what my mind was doing?

Reactions: Asa
yeah but who decides that these are characteristics of purple people and from where do they draw their authority is what i'm asking
They have a dart board with characteristics on it…one sections says “Indigo Children” and then you take a shot.

They have a dart board with characteristics on it…one sections says “Indigo Children” and then you take a shot.

who's they though homie

e: you're being real nice giving me all these thumbs so ima give you some thumbs too

Reactions: Skarekrow
who's they though homie
Well supposedly, the information would be provided through Shamans and people who are in touch with another reality from time to time.
Better? NO?

Reactions: SealHammer
Well supposedly, the information would be provided through Shamans and people who are in touch with another reality from time to time.
Better? NO?

alright i'll take it. i'll come back when i have more questions to upset the apple cart.

btw i identify with everything on that list apart from the psychic voodoo mystic garbage analyze that if you want idc

alright i'll take it. i'll come back when i have more questions to upset the apple cart.

btw i identify with everything on that list apart from the psychic voodoo mystic garbage analyze that if you want idc

I understand why you are questioning it…that is one of the characteristics on the list itself.
I think the INXX group in particular is never fully satisfied with information given them…it’s in our nature to question and not accept things as they are.

It's a general characteristics of behavioral traits that were observed in children and adults since the 1960's by psychologists, mediums, psychics, mystics, paranormal experts. The original term indigo was given when a psychic observed with the noticeable indigo/purplish aura in the electromagnetic fields of people with these characteristics.

meh....more psychic voodoo mystic garbage for us. I never understand why people feel the need to question things they never had the intention to understand in the first place but want to throw it out there by "questioning" it like they are doing a favor for everyone. if you don't get it; move on; nobody is trying to convert you.