adult coloring books | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

adult coloring books

I hadn't touched a pencil or paintbrush since the death of my mother some 8 years ago now. I had always made time in my life to draw or paint but since then, I just didn't have it in me anymore. I noticed a marked difference in how I was handling the stress and strains of life and it wasn't for the better. Earlier this year it was my sister's 40th, so I had two very old pieces of canvas laying around. I decided to paint a series of emojis wishing her a happy birthday and what not.

I observed a curious thing. My stresses and strains and general anxiety had all vanished as if they were never there. I was completely in the moment, paying extra attention and care to each and every stroke of the brush, making sure my mixture was just right and allowing myself to step back every now and then to take in the bigger picture. It was then, I knew I needed to engage with my creative side again.

Come to think, maybe our ancestors were on to something when they started painting on the cave walls.

I think adult coloring books are a great idea, anything that helps us take our attention off of negative thought patterns and reconnects us with our hand-eye coordination is a bonus in my book.

I bought a small stack of puzzle books not too long ago for similar reasons, to help me relax and solve problems that weren't all about life and all the baggage that comes with it.

Good thread, I'd like to see some examples.

Oh, and good morning.
earl-grey-tea.gif

Reactions: INFJ16