adult coloring books | INFJ Forum

adult coloring books

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
what is your opinion on adult coloring books? I got one for a xmas present last year and I found it quite relaxing, it feels a bit like doodling but with a bit more structure ;) and some of the patterns were really lovely.

103v69k.jpg

They are OK but I would rather try drawing my own silly little pictures.

I like them. I've only done one because they are pretty time consuming - coloring one page takes forever to complete but I'd rather grab that when it's time to color with the kiddo than a kids coloring book.

I like them, too. It really is relaxing, like how doing a repetitive mundane task can be, ie: dishes. Some people are relaxed and calmed by doing dishes. I hate dishes. It is not calming or meditative for me. But something like this:

o-TWIG-900.jpg
91T53hrM2bL.jpg

61B%2BnpzXXaL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

61UoUY9Z7AL._AC_UL320_SR248,320_.jpg
Oh, yes. :laughing:

I have several and have colored quite a few. I tend to get way too obsessed and try to finish in one sitting (which is impossible) and then I just end up with disappointment and a hand injury. While I'm doing them, though, very relaxing.

got 4 books only colored one page. i like the way they look in black and white. don't want to mess at how clean it looks.....

I don't find them all that relaxing? What's wrong with me. I think it's because I have to pick out the colors lol It's almost a bit stimulating.

I prefer doing a big puzzle to a coloring book if I have a choice. I do like the coloring books though.

Coloring books are for children. You should learn to grow up and play space invaders with your tv remote and phone.

Like a real wo/man

I like drawing designs, well doodle like squiggles I guess. I don't really draw, although the few occasions I do it I find it fun. I probably draw things in around kids, and do enjoy it in that context.

I think they look really cool, but every time I've tried them I can't get away from the fact that I am just coloring between lines and it's totally mindless. Overall I don't enjoy them. However one time I did end up doing one of mandalas with my mother (who has dementia), and it relaxed us both. I would do them as a relaxation exercise again I think. I'm horrible at relaxing.

Fascinating. I find all your responses fascinating, and I find the trend fascinating. I'd never use an adult coloring book, but people who find art relaxing pique my interest. You can all come over and finish my work for me... like apprentices. That would relax me. Hee, heeee.

Reactions: Wyote
Reactions: MrSquared