A world with no death | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

A world with no death

Hope not. I likes Wolverine.

Yes. As soon as he loses his next battle with azazel. Apparently his next "death", he dies.

I think not being able to die is about the worst thing that could happen to anybody. What if one day on your travels you fall down a really big hole and can't get out. The hole caves in and you are buried alive for trillions of years. Or your boat sinks and you end up at the bottom of the ocean. Or some wan**r buries you alive for "looking at him funny". The chance of something like this happening to us sooner or later is pretty much 100%. Your life could still end. but instead of just dying, or whatever actually happens. You would be trapped in one spot for eternity unale to do anything except go insane. No thanks

soil erodes, eventually everything is uncovered... sure the isolation would drive you insane, but like nakor, you could come out the other end of that insanity with knowledge.

soil erodes, eventually everything is uncovered... sure the isolation would drive you insane, but like nakor, you could come out the other end of that insanity with knowledge.

you would actually become buried even deeper over time. Thats why the further down archaologists dig the older the things they find. Some people would eventually be found, but most wouldn't

Knowledge addiction can be devistating as well. Before I started studying 'Theory of Knowledge' at school, I was an unaware happy little girl who merely believed without much questioning. Then came the evil questions 'How do you know that you know?' 'What is beauty?' 'What is the meaning of meaning?'. Big questions..

Now I love knowledge and seek it constantly, however the agony that comes with finding out that the meaning you believed in, isnt! - is terrible.

Furthermore I was wondering maybe you could help me or give me some advice on how to not fear death?

Furthermore I was wondering maybe you could help me or give me some advice on how to not fear death?

First of all, do you have any beliefs as to what happens when you die?

Edit: and is it the fear of actually being dead. Or the fear of how you will die?

Last edited:
No that is the problem of mine I don't believe in the monotheistic religions.

Well I have my beliefs but then again there is the 'what if'.
I fear believing in the wrong 'religion', facing retribution, damnation and/or vanishing into nothing.

Fear of what death means, the afterlife. Also I don't want to leave the ones I love.

Last edited:
I posted early on in this thread, and am still surprised by how few people think a world without death could be anything other than horrific.

If, as I mentioned before, if you have a world with no death, and continue to have procreation, can everyone not imagine the horror? Especially all the introverts... and all those people coming and coming and never stopping and the prisons that can't contain all the vicious ones and none of the evil ones dying and the no food no space no resources... I'm hard pressed to imagine anything worse.

I think not being able to die is about the worst thing that could happen to anybody. What if one day on your travels you fall down a really big hole and can't get out. The hole caves in and you are buried alive for trillions of years. Or your boat sinks and you end up at the bottom of the ocean. Or some wan**r buries you alive for "looking at him funny". The chance of something like this happening to us sooner or later is pretty much 100%. Your life could still end. but instead of just dying, or whatever actually happens. You would be trapped in one spot for eternity unale to do anything except go insane. No thanks

I don't think it's an insurmountable problem. How about a mandatory GPS implant for everybody which would allow us to locate every individual? Sure there would be privacy problems but with the sort of situations you describe I think everybody would be more than happy to agree to the above solution.

EDIT: After some googling I think I should add that the GPS doesn't seem to provide a solution for the situations described by Poetic Justice as the radio signal cannot pass through materials such as stone, concrete, metal etc (apparently wireless signal might be a better in that respect although it probably doesn't cover every eventuality). :Cry: Nonetheless this may still be an acceptable approach. Perhaps one could set up teams which would mount a search any time someone's signal goes missing. This of course presupposes a situation where there are no signal interruptions for mundane reasons.

Last edited:
No that is the problem of mine I don't believe in the monotheistic religions.

Well I have my beliefs but then again there is the 'what if'.
I fear believing in the wrong 'religion', facing retribution, damnation and/or vanishing into nothing.

Fear of what death means, the afterlife. Also I don't want to leave the ones I love.

Personally, I don't believe in any religion. I don't believe that you just die either. I don't know what happens. Neither does anybody else. There are a lot of theories about, but they are just that. Theories. Humans are pre programmed to believe in some religion or another. There is actually a part of your brain dedicated to religious beliefs. That is why perfectly rational people simply cannot be rational when it comes to their faith. That part of the brain works in a different way to the rest of your belief system.

Any group of people left alone for enough generations will invent their own religions. Think of the tribes of people who don't have contact with the modern world. They all have their own religions. There are thousands of religions in the world. How can any God expect everyone to believe in the specific rules of his faith, when we are pre programmed to make it up.

We cannot possibly know what happens when we die. So worrying about it will not change your odds of getting it right. Even if there is a "right".

However it came about, life is a gift. In your head thank whoever (if anybody) gave you this gift, and then promise them you will make the most of it. How can they blame you for that.

You shouldn't fear dying, you should fear not living

Last edited:
Reactions: ZenCat
You shouldn't fear dying, you should fear not living

That quote warms at my heart, make me feel some kind of confirmation. I am agnostic and a believer of new age. And the reasoning around our predestined belief of something highly likely to be incorrect of all the ones out there is really helpfull! I'm somewhat relieved now :)

Also I forgot to add. The only reason most people believe in the religion they do is because of where they were born. people tend to believe whatever their parents believe, and they your granparents and so on. you can follow that sequence right back to the time when the religion was invented. People have always wrote about their religions so these records for the vast majority of religions actually exist.

Wow that is interesting haha, but how can they go in reverse and why can't we? xD :)
What are you talking about? Talk about life and death with the wrong people, and old codgers have been known to act like little children.

To be young again~

What are you talking about? Talk about life and death with the wrong people, and old codgers have been known to act like little children.

To be young again~

What I meant was they become sexually mature and are able to return to the state when they are Asexual. Biologically, as sexual maturance is a determinant to death.

"The ability to reverse the life cycle is probably unique in the animal kingdom, and allows the jellyfish to bypass death, rendering the Turritopsis nutricula effectively immortal"

What I meant was they become sexually mature and are able to return to the state when they are Asexual. Biologically, as sexual maturance is a determinant to death.

"The ability to reverse the life cycle is probably unique in the animal kingdom, and allows the jellyfish to bypass death, rendering the Turritopsis nutricula effectively immortal"
http://www.senescence.info/nature.html

A world without death and reproduction would only work if we had a lot less ambition and impatience than we do now.

Ambition and impatience lets us achieve things in the limited time we have, but they also cause us to mess things up a lot. With more patience and lots of time, I guess we could achieve great things matterially and socially.