A Glimpse into your "self" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

A Glimpse into your "self"

I like it that people like me, but I don't like being seen as "cute/adorable" cause its not who I want to be. I'm at odds with it. I think it's best if I just leave it though cause it will only cause problems to be someone I am not.

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :m170:

Reactions: IndigoSensor
How would you describe yourself in one word or phrase?

I'm inquisitive... but possibly annoyingly so. :wink:

What would you consider to be the most attractive aspect of your personality and why?

I’m passionate… but I don’t consider it the most attractive, just the most essential.

What is the most common complement you receive about yourself and how do you feel about that complement?

I tend to disregard compliments.

What would be the one thing you would change about yourself if you could? And why?

I want to move away from the concept of having to trust in people and more toward the concept of trusting in myself to “navigate” people.

Last edited:
In one word? Crazy.

In one phrase..... I am uncommon subtype of my kind.

What would you consider to be the most attractive aspect of your personality and why?
Probably an open nature towards others combined with an actual interest in what everyone has to say.
I'm also easily amused. There are very few boring people in the world to me. People appreciate being acknowledged as interesting, I think.

What is the most common complement you receive about yourself and how do you feel about that complement?
hmmm.... well, this isn't my favorite compliment, but the one I get most frequently (usually from strangers) is: you are so cute/other positive physical descriptor.
This is good I suppose? I don't mean to be unappreciative, and I know people are just trying to be nice, but "cute" is not really a compliment I appreciate very much.
I would prefer someone think of me as formidable before they thought of me as "cute."
It's actually frustrating. People discount me a lot initially at work or in classes that count. You might be shocked at the sheer number of times people have told me that they were surprised I was (insert: competent, professional, experienced, intelligent, serious, practical) just because I appeared, at first, as nothing but "cute."
I'm a person, not a ball of fluff.

What would be the one thing you would change about yourself if you could? And why?

I would choose to be a linguistic savant, capable of learning to speak, read, write, and comprehend any and all languages rapidly.

I am resilient. Definitely.

I would change my introversion, probably. I'd like to be a social, outgoing, warm person.

Aware. So much that it hurts sometimes.

Empathy. I seem to always be able to relate to someone on some level and establish a connection. When you understand the people around you, you can feel much more tolerance towards them and accept the differences.

Lively and fun to be with. I don't mind it, but it worries me that people sometimes may not understand or see that there can be a sad, tired, and a burdened Odyne.

I'd very much like to learn how to be more focused. I seem to disperse my attention to so many things/people at once. I think if I can focus on one thing, then I might accomplish something great. But then again, I get easily bored with one thing only.

Reactions: DimensionX
Boring.

I am an open-minded person. I consider this to be the most attractive aspect of my personality because being accepting is desirable. No one likes being persecuted by a closed mind and an unwilling to cooperate listener.

Things in regard to my physical appearance.
Usually about my legs, lips, or hair.
I feel that this is annoying.

If I wanted to change something about myself, I would.

Confusing

Openness/accepting: I believe that there is beauty in many things.

Attractive/Pretty: I feel that since it hasn't gotten me much anywhere, it's only appreciated by my appreciation for aesthetics.

I'd like to be able to accomplish things... In my world, nothing is good enough for dedication, which is rather annoying.

A lost, detached soul searching for meaning. Capricious

My tendency to think before I say something, probably because I tend to be on a completely different wavelength from others, and I have a tendency to wake/shake people up when I don't go with the flow. It's also probably my most annoying and awkward trait to others.

Laid-back. I get this often when I don't take a strong stance in a situation, so I don't like it. I think it goes along with traits like blending in with the carpet.

I'm told that I have a great speaking voice pretty much every time I have to do a talk. I'd rather have a quieter, captivating demeanor overall because I'd prefer to be thought of as intense in a rather subtle way. I think the other traits I have that I want to change more can be changed rather easily with a little more awareness, so I wouldn't waste a wish on those if I had one for this purpose.

But because you realize that you are nothing special... that makes you special!

Now what?

lol.. that would only be true if i was the only one to realize it, which i doubt =P (thanks though :m032:

Totally awesome.

The part where I have no fear of expressing exactly what I think and feel about any given thing. Even if it's completely offensive or off the wall, I can make people either come around to my point of view, or understand it to the point that they don't get offended. I get away with saying a lot.

Usually it's something about my physical appearance. Either my hair or my eyes. I don't mind. Otherwise, it's something about my personality and the way I express myself. People appreciate my honesty.

Hmm. Nothing. If at some point I feel something needs to change, then I'll change it and not have to worry about it. I don't have any pending changes. Just in progress ones.

Complex..

No idea.

What is the most common compliment you receive about yourself and how do you feel about that complement?
Going by consensus of family, friends, and internet interactions..
Clever.

I don't have much feeling for it. Personally, I think it's an overstatement.

I would love to be more extroverted..
Seems like fun. I'd like to have an easier time of making friends.

Amicable

My confidence. I cant think of anything else attractive about it, thats why.

That I'm funny. I feel this way about it: Big Deal.

I would make myself more approachable. I think there is something about me that is off putting before I open my mouth but I cant put my finger on it.

happy

One guy told me that he liked how ambitious I was. He said this as I stabbed a scalpel into the frog we were dissecting. So I guess my knowing what I like, what I don't.

Sense of humor. Sometimes intentional, mostly not. haha

I'd like to be more open when talking to my friends. Whenever I share something, they're always eager and excited to hear me, but this is because I rarely share. I've been trying to share something about myself when someone shares to me. It's a process.

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54
Passionate

I dont know

"I have never met anyone like you before"......its kinda hard to believe.

Im not sure...Maybe not feel so much. Maybe play with a healthy dose of T. so I dont have to feel so much when I make those hard choices.

wannabe cowboy shaman

All of the personality traits I wish to answer this question with seem less and less attractive and more like flaws as I'm considering them.
I am a very kind and open person, but perhaps I share too much of myself with others?

I think I just realized that I spend so much time trying to complement others that I don't actually realize when they've given me a compliment...
That, or the compliments vary so much that I haven't really recognized a common one? Or everyone hates me? But I know that's not true...
Many of the people I'm closer with tell me "You're a good friend" all the time... That makes me feel pretty good about my friends and our ships.

I wish I could better judge when is the wrong/right time to make certain sacrifices. Sometimes I get so hung up on making this decision that I kind of just... freeze. I want to not freeze and become a better decision maker so I can feel more confident in myself and allow this newfound confidence to radiate from within.

many thanks to the OP. this has been a wonderful journey for myself.

Reactions: Gaze