A Glimpse into your "self" | INFJ Forum

A Glimpse into your "self"

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
How would you describe yourself in one word or phrase?

What would you consider to be the most attractive aspect of your personality and why?

What is the most common complement you receive about yourself and how do you feel about that complement?

What would be the one thing you would change about yourself if you could? And why?

Reactions: invisible
How would you describe yourself in one word or phrase? I wouldn't.

What would you consider to be the most attractive aspect of your personality and why?
I can't think of anything about my personality that is attractive.

What is the most common complement you receive about yourself and how do you feel about that complement?
I'm called intelligent, and I really don't think it matters. There are better things to be than "intelligent".

What would be the one thing you would change about yourself if you could? And why?
I would make myself attractive. Obvious reasons.

Whimsical and thoughtful singer

My openness because it causes people to see me as trustworthy

That I have a very beautiful face...on one hand it makes me feel good, but on the other hand, I sometimes wish that others would notice more than just my face.

Never getting my hair relaxed in the first place, so that i can have the beautiful curls i was born with.

Confusing

My openness

Intelligent. It makes me feel prideful/egotistical.

Not going think of something because I am working on acceptance!

Awesome Incarnate

I like to think of myself as someone who can make friends with all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds and interests, and I do pretty well at that, but I don't really know why. The thing I would like to say is most attractive about me is my sheer ambition, drive, energy, but that's just what I like about myself.

I'm often told I'm smart...
People keep saying that and I have to agree... I am smart, and for that I am eternally grateful. But sometimes people don't see past that. I don't appreciae it when people fixate on that one thing about me.

I'm smart, but I also try hard.

I can't think of anything to change. Everyone has their problems, and I know how to deal with mine rather well now. I might add on some stuff like the ability to transcend space and time.

Curious.

The fact that I'm unobtrusive, consume minimal resources, and stay out of the way. Most people want to take center stage, and I don't compete with them for the spotlight most of the time.

I'm most often told that I'm kind. I think that I'm probably just kind because it makes makes me feel better, and I like being told that.
I would change my lack of social connections. If I had more friends and networks, and knew how to maintain them, I think I could do anything.

Rawr
Rawr: a fiesty INFJ is a sexy and engaging INFJ.
That I am smart, in the usual sense not the "smart-ass" sense. I enjoy this.
My developmental level of Se, because I want to be able to think fast and on the fly all the time, and be able to see my surrounding in a more detailed and engaging way.

second try :D

-curioser and curioser

- Interest in a wide variety of subjects including cultures, places, personalities, etc.

- Intelligent/smart. I'm really not sure what to make of these kinds of compliments.

- Would like to be able to be more direct with people without apologies (when necessary, not to be hurtful of course), and I'd like to be more determined/diligent about pursuing my goals.

Normal. I have my ups and downs, highs and lows, but I think the one thing that people forget most often is that so do so many other people. The good and the bad, it's all just part of the human experience.

My ability to make people laugh (I'm not so cheesy in real life). I can be pretty reserved but when the moment needs a laugh I can usually fill it in. When I'm presenting or preforming everything I say or do is about humor. It keeps people engaged, and it makes people comfortable. At work I do all I can to keep things humorous because I've found it's hard to stay mad at someone who is genuine and funny.

That I'm personable. I like to be an approachable person so I think it's a nice compliment, but I'm fearful that it glosses over my "intellectual capabilities". I'm not saying that in an elitist way, but rather that people occasionally get the idea that because I'm not pushy and arrogant that I don't know what I'm talking about. When I open my mouth to say something, I generally know my shit.

I'd be more outgoing. Some days I want to be an extrovert so badly, and a sensor. Life as an ESXX seems so adventurous and exciting at times and I wish I could get so in-the-moment. I don't always like sitting back feeling detached through observation.

invisible

i think it is my need to always learn and to process things deeply because i think it makes me a good listener and leads to better quality and more rewarding relationships and interactions with people. it can create problems though if i read too much into a situation!

i get told that i am very hard-working and motivated. this is mostly true and it's pleasant to be recognised.

i would like to live completely according to my values. give up coffee, become vegetarian, etc. it's important to me because i believe it's meaningful to try to do the right thing and live in a way that would spread less harm around.

:m130:

Do you mean most attractive to me? Because I have no idea what anyone else is thinking.

My favorite thing about myself is my imagination.

Um ... I don't know.

But I seem to like it a lot when people tell me I'm creative or that I'm a trooper ... or when people's moms like me.

I've been told that I'm encouraging and that I give good advice. And I agree with this ... my ratio of good advice to bad advice is excellent. I'd probably make a good consultant.

As long as I'm alive, I'm always changing.

resourceful

i'm loyal/faithful when it comes to people or ideas i believe in

it seems i'm not alone, but also intelligence seems to be the one i get most often. i've never been all that comfortable with acknowledging this, not because i don't want other people to see me this way, but i think because i don't want to see myself this way. dunno why, workin on it.

my anxiety, this is something i have battled with for sometime now and it can be taxing on ones energy levels. i think the problem is that it seems so damn justifiable though the reality is subjective observations being to blame for this i'm sure.

Is.

I don't know how attractive it is to other people (well, a couple), but to me, the most attractive aspect is my "Oz" brain - my nature of witnessing an everyday thing or occurance and then imagining-in-a-flash and verbally expressing some fantastic extrapolation of that thing or occurance, usually with reference to mythic ideals, personified animals, tongue-in-cheek references to cultural clich

Last edited:
uphill

I'm like a gardener who honestly just likes to watch other people grow. I'm creative but apparently I'm not 'greedy with it', somehow. People know I've got no alternative agenda other than whole and total growth. I'm someone who can take this and make things happen. I'm not a lost ideologist, or a Pollyanna, but instead a hard worker that is willing to get bruised.

People I interact with like that I honestly care about what they care about, because I care about the existence of their feelings and thoughts.

To be less reactionary. The reactionary side of me is an idiot and fails to represent who I am. I'm a slow person living in a fast world, and trying to be fast just makes me less than I am.

Last edited:
nothing special

i rarely hold a grudge, and am somewhat in love with life ;)

the nicest compliment i've ever received is being called trustworthy. that anyone would trust an idiot like me is something of a miracle!

i'd shatter the illusions that bind me to the past, that cause me to treat others unfairly and block me from reaching my potential.

4 the love of Jimeny Crickets!

nothing special

It was at this point that "May" decided to change her name to "February"

It was at this point that "May" decided to change her name to "February"

LOL!! you crack me up [MENTION=1939]Apostelytizer[/MENTION] ;) it's true though, i'm nothing special~ not like i couldn't be easily replaced. it's just a fact of life.

But because you realize that you are nothing special... that makes you special!

Now what?

Reserved.

Complex and interesting mind ... if you're into that sort of thing.

That I am intelligent. As an NT, of course, I feel good about that.

Be more outgoing. The world is full of people and interacting with them make things more interesting. It is only logical.

Strange. There's no two ways about it, I am an odd person.

I honestly don't. There is a large group of people call me "adorable" (cause of my personality), and I honestly don't know what to think of it. I like it that people like me, but I don't like being seen as "cute/adorable" cause its not who I want to be. I'm at odds with it. I think it's best if I just leave it though cause it will only cause problems to be someone I am not.

See above

See above. I'd much rather be a "manly man" in a sense, but I am stuck as andryogonus (at least I am not feminine).