Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
I knw that the whole 666 histeria was 4 years ago but, in couple of days Lucifer's gonna take over the forum. Be on your guard we have know idea where she's going to post or when.

Last edited:
No. Satan gave up this forum.

I was talking about or registered user Lucifer. Which I had at the moment of the post thought was named Satan.

The number of the beast is 616 - bad news for the Moscow transportation ministry after they changed unlucky bus route no. 666 to no.616.

The number of the beast is 616 - bad news for the Moscow transportation ministry after they changed unlucky bus route no. 666 to no.616.

possibly, however you'll find most translate it 666. But then again most doesn't mean right.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAgIhM213g8"]YouTube- Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast (Extra DVD)[/ame]

Do you know why the trans-siberian train goes like this _______/\_______ across all kinds of the worst geography ? They asked the Tzar how to build the tracks, and he took a ruler, placed it on the map, drew a line. His thumb was protruding above the ruler, so...

possibly, however you'll find most translate it 666. But then again most doesn't mean right.

I haven't looked into it much but Hebrew has a number assigned to each letter so a number could also be read as a word, and a reference to a cruel ROman emperor like Nero rather than the devil is more likely. 616 or 666, regardless, it's another shred of evidence that shows the unreliability of scripture and how it all hinges on interpretation, translation and understanding.

Reactions: DevilDoll
Do you know why the trans-siberian train goes like this _______/\_______ across all kinds of the worst geography ? They asked the Tzar how to build the tracks, and he took a ruler, placed it on the map, drew a line. His thumb was protruding above the ruler, so...

Is that true? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :p

I haven't looked into it much but Hebrew has a number assigned to each letter so a number could also be read as a word, and a reference to a cruel ROman emperor like Nero rather than the devil is more likely. 616 or 666, regardless, it's another shred of evidence that shows the unreliability of scripture and how it all hinges on interpretation, translation and understanding.

actually, conservative and liberal scholars will tell you that the book of Revelation isn't about the end times but instead the persecution of the Christians under Nero.

The letter had to use figurative language for if anybody caught with John's letter would have been killed if it said "Rome and it's emperor are evil ". In fact the fact that were talking about beasts lends credit to the observation, If you read the old testament Beasts are often used to represent foreign oppresors not demons. Read Daniel 7 thats a classic example of beasts and kingdoms. Even more so if you thought that these beasts were real demons as opposed to rulers, it would have no real effect on your faith(maybe show a lack of understanding), You can not understand a word of the book of Revelation and still go to heaven, in fact you can never have even touched a Bible and go to heaven. The core tenets of Christianity are far from sketchy or easily misconstrued. Believe Jesus,love God, go to heaven. Not hard realy.

but then again if you studied your Bible for more then five minutes as opposed to watching the history channel specials on it, you would know this.

Last edited:

I have heard that too, that 666 refers to Nero and not the devil. And the whole book of revelation is about the roman empire and not hell...

to bad for al those maniaks who think they will be lifted up to heaven before the apocalips starts, they'll just have to stick with the rest of us... gnehehe

actually, conservative and liberal scholars will tell you that the book of Revelation isn't about the end times but instead the persecution of the Christians under Nero.

The letter had to use figurative language for if anybody caught with John's letter would have been killed if it said "Rome and it's emperor are evil ". In fact the fact that were talking about beasts lends credit to the observation, If you read the old testament Beasts are often used to represent foreign oppresors not demons. Read Daniel 7 thats a classic example of beasts and kingdoms. Even more so if you thought that these beasts were real demons as opposed to rulers, it would have no real effect on your faith(maybe show a lack of understanding), You can not understand a word of the book of Revelation and still go to heaven, in fact you can never have even touched a Bible and go to heaven. The core tenets of Christianity are far from sketchy or easily misconstrued. Believe Jesus,love God, go to heaven. Not hard realy.

lol, what a perfect example of the age-old religious threat. So basically you're saying I have nothing to lose, so why don't I just believe in all that just incase there's a heaven in which case I'll get in rather than burn in damnation for all eternity. Right :) Now THAT is selling your soul if there was ever such a thing.

but then again if you studied your Bible for more then five minutes as opposed to watching the history channel specials on it, you would know this.
I haven't watched a history channel program on it - I read it in a book - but I'm sure a documentary by the history channel is somewhat more objective and less biased than the ad hoc drivel oozing from scripture.

Studied for more than five minutes, honestly!

Last edited:

Please keep it civil, folks. Everyone's on a different learning curve.

This goes for responses to this quote as well.

I hardly took offence at Barnabas' post, arbygil, and I certainly cannot see what would constitute 'uncivil' behaviour in my response.

I think when discussing religion the potential for 'offence' is so great that to effectively moderate against it would require a prompt ban on the entire topic or in other words refuting it becoming a taboo. Which, I might add, is what organised faith has been pining for all along.

Not just believe, FOLLOW the 626 commandments.

wrong religion, that's judaisim. Galations would be a excelent example for reading on this subject.

lol, what a perfect example of the age-old religious threat. So basically you're saying I have nothing to lose, so why don't I just believe in all that just incase there's a heaven in which case I'll get in rather than burn in damnation for all eternity. Right :) Now THAT is selling your soul if there was ever such a thing.

I haven't watched a history channel program on it - I read it in a book - but I'm sure a documentary by the history channel is somewhat more objective and less biased than the ad hoc drivel oozing from scripture.

Studied for more than five minutes, honestly!

What threat, you stated that Christianity and the Bible could easily be misinterpreted. I simply gave you a very basic(exceptionaly basic) understanding of the Christian faith. That was no threat, and I'm not arguing that you should choose Christianity because becuase you have nothing to lose.

Now I would argue that you should choose Christianity becuase you HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOSE.

But in all seriousness how much of the Bible have you read?(hope that doesn't come across as offensive as it's not meant to be.)

Please keep it civil, folks. Everyone's on a different learning curve.

This goes for responses to this quote as well.

You right Arbygil, I'm sorry. I'm sorry also if I offened you to Krumplenum I was out of line.

I wasn't talking about a threat you made to me, I wrote the 'age old religious threat' of 'believe in god and jesus and you'll go to heaven', which is basically 'if you don't believe in god and jesus you'll go to hell'. This is a threat designed to evoke fear which is why many people can't bring themselves to deny the existence of a god.

And don't fret, you didn't offend me; though I might point out that religion gets offended on far less.

Now I would argue that you should choose Christianity becuase you HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOSE.
lol, I have as much to lose as not being able to walk through the station platform wall on my way to hogwarts because I don't believe I can walk through it.

edit: I read snippets of it at school when some were handed out for free, and have read various passages though can't recall any. I remember a few years back though I marked two pages in different parts that were utter blatant contradictions of each other. Also the Koran.

Last edited: