[INFJ] - 3 different kinds of INFJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] 3 different kinds of INFJ?

But, but.... I wanted to be the INFJ Theorist... :cry:

Guess what, so am I.
giphy.gif

Also this
You are @Ren, you are! And you're also the artist and the councilor. Be free, Ren, be free!

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190301-093252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190301-093252_Chrome.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 9
I am definitely more of the Artist type. I want to be more of a theorist type, and have worked very hard over the years in learning about philosophy, especially the philosophy of science, but I am an Artist at my core. I used to type as ISFP a lot.

I'm currently taking figure drawing classes and it feels really good to do art again. There is so much intuition involved in art.

I am definitely more of the Artist type. I want to be more of a theorist type, and have worked very hard over the years in learning about philosophy, especially the philosophy of science, but I am an Artist at my core. I used to type as ISFP a lot.

I'm currently taking figure drawing classes and it feels really good to do art again. There is so much intuition involved in art.

Yeah, I kinda envy the artists. Art is such an amazing means of communicating! All I can do is admire it though. I don’t quite have the gift.

But everyone has something, so there is that.

Interesting/fun article and thread. As @Asa posted it is correct that we use all our functions in some way. But there will always be the four preferred functions in which we feel most comfortable with. So these 3 types of INFJ's reflect more on what you feel most comfortable with in regards to the combination of these 4 functions.

So I'm pretty sure you can be an artist / theorist / councillor / ... at the same time. It's just what you prefer doing and spending time on that will nudge you more towards a specific type.

Also +1 to @Pin for mentioning Carl Sagan :grin:

Just wanted to chime in and say that I thought this post was interesting.
I had jotted it down in my notebook and found the note to be continuously useful for myself, so I thought I'd share why :

Having been skeptical about my INFJ typing, I felt my identity as an "artist" wasn't really reconciled with the label.
Now, seeing the artist identity as Ni-Fe;Se I was able to recall statements I had made about my artistic tendencies (visual arts) - in that my goal was to communicate abstract concepts in an intuitive/emotive way to others (or to program an image). Visual arts was the most effective way for me, and had the most effect with others (and my writing felt way too raw).

It also helped to feel better about the fact that I seemed to be marginalized by the majority of other artists who seemed to value aspects of the craft that didn't seem as important to me. So thanks for the post :)

I related most the the theorist. What was interesting is the part of the article that said that when you realize the "moral" question you jump more to the theorist side of things. That's exactly what happened to me, I started out in art (drawing, pastels), then as I learned more those things started to seem insignificant (to me, the are great endeavors) because I wanted to impact people in more of an outgoing, theorist kind of way. Interesting article!

Yes, INFJ as counselor, a notion first coined by David Keirsey,...
At some point in their lives, INFJs realize they are seeing things that others aren’t and thus have greater access to certain types of truth and wisdom.

*One issue is in waiting to be asked before offering the insights. Often we dive in with our perceived answers before others would like us to. Some individuals are looking to be listened to regarding their issues and not necessarily to have us "fix" the issue.

@Sandie33
This may be an older post, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it. Your words resonate with me, loudly. Lol.
I struggle with this. I am quick to offer a resolution, advice, to whomever, for whatever they discuss with me, even if they don't ask for it.
I believe that when I do this, it's often because I'm trying to prove that I was listening and that I do care. It's easy for anyone to say "I'm sorry you're going through that," or some other generic response. For me, it feels unnatural, and I want to go the extra mile to show that I was listening, whole-heartedly, and that I do want better for them.

But, you speak truth when you say that others are not necessarily looking for that.

Work is another hard one. I feel like I have the answers to so many things. And if people would listen, everyone's lives at work would be much better. And the clients would be happier as well.
I always struggled with not understanding why other people just don't get it. This related to INFJs having "greater access to certain types of truth and wisdom." I think I need to work on remembering this while I'm working with others. It might help me lower my frustration levels. But... it's so friggin frustrating!!! ugh.

I just had to vent for a moment about that.
Your words are soooooo real!

Thank you, Miss Sandie! ♥

Hmm, a cross section of both Advocate and Theorist seems about right to me.

I feel I see things other don't and try to rationalise them into concepts than can be broadly understood and encourage uptake by others.

Not always right of course but the ability to adapt to new information and flexibility is what make an idea alive and not stuck in rigid ideology and better to survive in the real world.