[INFJ] 3 different kinds of INFJ?

Jeffrei

OneOneOne
Aug 16, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
i found this interesting article by personality junkie https://personalityjunkie.com/02/infj-3-roles-artist-advocate-counselor-theorist/

According to the author, there are three kinds of INFJs. There is the artist (Ni-Se), the theorist (Ni-Fe-Ti), and the councilor/advocate (Ni-Fe).

It sounds real enough to me, so I wanted to share it with you all and get your thoughts on the matter.

The part on "The INFJ Theorist (Ni-Fe-Ti)" resonated with me greatly:

"Especially with regard to F matters, INFJs are among the most intellectually formidable of all types. As natural students of human nature and the human condition (Fe), many take interest in psychology, literature, philosophy, and religion. Unlike INFPs, however, their chief concern doesn’t involve exploring the breadths of cultural diversity (e.g., anthropology) or the idiosyncrasies of the individual. Instead, like INTJs, they gravitate to we might call universal theories—deep, enduring patterns that are independent of time and culture. Of course, literature and culture furnish important clues regarding the nature of such patterns, as depicted in the works of Jung, Nietzsche, Joseph Campbell, and others.

Unfortunately, INFJs’ natural theoretical style is often hamstrung in modern-day humanities departments, which are permeated by moral and cultural relativism. Academic psychology’s allegiance to empiricism and concurrent distrust of intuition may also prove off-putting. INFJ theorists may therefore find themselves without a comfortable niche in academia. They may thus feel forced to turn to the internet, podcasting, self-publishing, or other grassroots approaches for disseminating their ideas. However, this rarely feels entirely comfortable to them as IJ types, who relish neither entrepreneurship nor self-promotion.

Another option is for INFJs to explore avenues for applying their theories. Here again we return to familiar roles such as counselor or advisor, as well as educator or minister, roles which allow them to impart their knowledge and insights (Ni) with an eye toward social, moral, or spiritual advancement (Fe)."

Yeah, that's me in a nutshell :D

Yes, INFJ as counselor, a notion first coined by David Keirsey,...
At some point in their lives, INFJs realize they are seeing things that others aren’t and thus have greater access to certain types of truth and wisdom.

*One issue is in waiting to be asked before offering the insights. Often we dive in with our perceived answers before others would like us to. Some individuals are looking to be listened to regarding their issues and not necessarily to have us "fix" the issue.

Deleted member 16771: INTJ who wishes he were INFJ

Ren: INFJ who wishes he were INTJ

:p

(Note that I referred to myself in the third person but without the italics)
Not anymore. Deleted member 16771 ascended when he saw the stats.
The 16 Types by Highest Educational Level Attained
I made these using data from 25/02/2019, and I've included the rarity of each type in the population for reference. The educational charts record the percentages above and below statistical expectation for each type to hold that level of education. For example, INTJs comprise 3.3% of the population, and so we would expect 3.3% of all doctorate-holders to be INTJs, however in actuality 10.7% of all doctorate-holders are INTJs, which is a 224% overrepresentation above what we would expect statistically.
View attachment 48171
View attachment 48172
View attachment 48173
View attachment 48174
View attachment 48175
View attachment 48176
View attachment 48177
View attachment 48178
View attachment 48179
View attachment 48180

I think 'INTP dropout' must be a very real phenomenon.

I had a mate in uni who was a legitimate mathematical genius... but dropped out to work in a pub in Kent. He's happy, though.

Haha, actually yes that makes sense.

I knew another INTP mathematical genius who decided to give up maths and start writing about love and god and stuff.... weird guy. His name was Pascal. :wink:

@Deleted member 16771 lays it down. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

There are elements of all three types within me.

I don't think making tri-types for MBTI works. The whole point is that we use all our functions. We may use them to varying degrees, depending on whether we are healthy, what stage of life we are in, personal choices, and environment, but an INFJ should have all the pieces of an INFJ somewhere. ((Gently shakes fellow INFJ to listen to pieces rattling inside.))

Tri-types make it too easy to mistype.

But it is an interesting topic to discuss, thanks for posting it @Jeffrei :)

You are @Ren, you are! And you're also the artist and the councilor. Be free, Ren, be free!

rescued-squirrel-11-12-16-1-of-1-3-l-jpg.48296

Yessssss! I'm freeeee ♥

southern-flying-squirrel_Blog_1600x800_Ripper-620x310.png