x12
wpdivebag07.jpg

(containing following)
Big_LeatherJacket.jpg
(those clothes and belt, not the man)
vegan-shoes-for-men.jpg

and a pair of
Hatchet.jpg

I'd load up, go down to the harbour, get on either a rowboat, or a small cat, and sail over to Malmǿya. All my diving equipment would be hidden under a tarp. Once I was close to Malmǿya I would put on the gear, ductape the Sabrelite LED Submersible's to the Voyager and scuttle the boat or cat. Then I'd go as deep as I could, or down to 20m. Then I'd swim to Nesset, and take my clothes out of the waterproof scuba diving bag, get into a waiting cab and drive off to Fredrikstad and watch the news.

It helps that I'm a PADI approved Open Water Diver, and I've got two of the requisite five dives required to be an advanced open water diver.

I'll follow Shaun's plan and become a pretend-zombie so they don't attack me. I love this movie!!

Shaun of the Dead

I'd get a crowbar and a bicycle then kill all of them :D

Question: What are the physical capabilities of the zombies? Can they swim? Can they climb trees?

Question: What are the physical capabilities of the zombies? Can they swim? Can they climb trees?

I don't think so. They're just stupid.

I don't think so. They're just stupid.

In that case, I'd steal a boat and park it in the middle of the marina. I like Shai's idea, but I don't know how to scuba dive. Hopefully, I'd be able to stockpile enough food somehow. That and acquire as many weapons as possible.

In that case, I'd steal a boat and park it in the middle of the marina. I like Shai's idea, but I don't know how to scuba dive. Hopefully, I'd be able to stockpile enough food somehow. That and acquire as many weapons as possible.

Indeed they can't swim.

But Doesn't boat require keys? You could hope somebody left their boat with the key in, but then they most likely would have used that boat to escape, following the rules of the scenario.

What would I do if I was surrounded by Zombies in Oslo.

Well, since they can't swim, I would probably do something like this. I would rig a device that can freeze water enough for a large person to walk on. This device would have a radius just wide enough to allow for a good size company to pass through the ice. Basically, I would have a long narrow icy path moving from Oslo to one of the islands south of the city. Additionally, I would line the causeway with explosives up to about half way (and some buildings too if I could without dying). My actual escape would go something like this... First, I would create a whole bunch of ruckus and try to attract all the zombies (this is assuming they are slow). Then I would start running across, stop half way, and blow the causeway, hopefully taking out all or most of the zombies. Then I would hide at the island with a huge supply of weapons and food. Luckily enough, I know how to fish and shoot bows for when I run out :p

I would go U.E. commando style, find a stronghold under ground with easy access to the surface. Early on I would raid stores for survival gear, food, water purification tablets, weapons - but also books on survival. - "The Zombie survival guide"!!!
I'd get canned goods and in the long run would attempt growing my own food with seeds from stores...after that I'd sit tight and wait to be rescued.

I'd probably either:

Grab food and water from the nearest source (as much as possible) then get a paddle and row one of the boats out into the middle of the water and wait for winter when the zombies would move slower or freeze (maybe travel back to land from time to time for supplies, armed with the paddle) I'd have probably taken a tarp or something to use as a shelter on the boat so I didn't get sunstroke or something.

or

I'd set fire to the perimeter of th city, or as much as possible, and to the buildings in the hope it would spread, and do the boat idea again.

but also books on survival. - "The Zombie survival guide"!!!

If you were here I'd bitch slap you.

If you've even read that book you'd know it's nothing more than barely passable amusement fiction. Nothing in there can be used in ANY kind of survival situation. Try looking for Survival books by the SAS.

Within First Hour
  • Gather as many people to my cause as possible.
  • Figure out who in the crew could do or was good at different tasks.
  • Get my new group to systematically check every house in an immediate three block radius and gather useful tools, supplies and other miscelaneous things. Make sure they bring any able bodied people with them too.
  • Collect as much fuel as possible from the vehicles in the same three block radius by using any vessels as possible. Hopefully more would have joined our cause by now.
  • Send a scouting party to find a VERY LARGE mode of transport, a lorry or something similar. If this is not possible, many smaller vehicles.

Within Second Hour
  • Establish a "Warehouse Vehicle" to store all vital equipment/supplies. Armour this vehicle appropriately using the welders and various metal from cars and other sources.
  • Take the convoy quickly to a LARGE Supermarket, ensure every member of the crew is armed because we won't be the first there.
  • Collect as much bottled water as exists in the shop. Attempt to recruit others but kill those who resist, we cannot afford to share this vital commodity.

Within Third Hour
  • Load all bottled water and then as much additional food as possible onto the main storage vehicle. Once that is fully laden, use any other large vehicles available to us.
  • By now, the group who did not scout the Supermarket have sorted out duplicate equipment and scavanged anything useful from the other trash we got from the houses. Leave behind anything we do not need.
  • Split the convoy, one half goes to get weapons. The other....
  • goes to a mobile plant hire/production facility (bulldozers etc...)

Within Fourth Hour
  • Arrive at mobile plant hire/production facility. Get as much fuel as is available (same rules apply regarding other survivors, join or die).
  • If possible load a bulldozer onto a vehicle carrier.
  • Take convoy to one of those large skyscrapers I saw in the pictures.

Within Final Hour
  • Meet up with weapons convoy. Arm a few of the abled members of the crew to ward off any who would take advantage of our organisation.
  • As soon as we arrived someone would start by using the bulldozer to create a bottleneck type corridor to the entrance of the building using nearby cars (once the fuel had been syphoned).
  • Get as many people who are not guarding or building a perimeter to start loading all supplies into the office buildings. Make sure the lowest floor they supply is the second level. Again, unfortunately any resistant from inhabitants would be met by force.
  • Once perimeter was set up, post guards and then establish a Community Hall. Hold a meeting with those not guarding or doing other things. point of meeting is to; establish who can do what tasks and form 'departments' (tech, defence, scouts etc...).
  • Organise a vote system where everyone can decide how they want things run. Ie, should we have a council, a dictatorship or some kind of democratic society that votes on everything. Once government style was established, hold a vote to see who should fulfil what roles and who should lead.

Within the Next Year
  • Our community has grown so vast by now with survivors seeing that our enclave was truly the only safe place. We would have established renewable food sources and renewable energy sources with things our scouting parties would have brought back. I would have named the new community Eden and there would be a statue of me in the now more established 'courtyard' which acted as our perimeter in the begining.
  • I would start detailing a history of our people, a Chronicle if you like to teach the new generations to come about where we came from.

Within the Next Decade
  • By now, those who were going to 'turn' would have done so. Having developed weapons etc, we would make spontanious excursions with heavily armed units who would destroy as many 'squishies' (our communities new name for Zombies) as they could on a carefully planned route. We would eventually erradicate the zombie threat and start rebuilding.

The End -

I'm suprised this thread is still alive.

Following the rule that you cannot escape, I would gather supplies (food that can last for a long time etc), weapons and buckets (for water from rain as the water supply has been cut)

To move all my goods I would use shopping charts connected with each other.

Then go to the highest building in the city and barricade myself on the top floor. Make sure the stairs and elevators (not that zombies can use elevators, but people could take zombies with them) are sealed off.
Hopefully I'd be able to disable the entire elevator
The highest building has a lot offices so I would use the material within to seal off all entrances using tools I have gathered before hand.

For food I would have everything I've gathered, drinks, everything I could get, plus my buckets which will be placed on the roof.

Also I would be all alone, people bring too many variables which I cannot accept.