Zombie Survival scenario | INFJ Forum

Zombie Survival scenario

Sithious

Jun 13, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Let's get your imagination running a bit.

Instead of just asking what you would do to survive a zombie outbreak I'm going to be a tad more specific. You are on vacation in Oslo City (Norway) when suddenly there's a zombie outbreak.

1329120-Oslo_panorama-Oslo.jpg

1.971232!img971213.jpg

oslo-c.jpg

Yes, it's not a very beautiful city, but that's not the point. The point of the pictures is to give you some insight as to how you would act in given scenario.

Either way, what would you do to survive? The outbreak starts outside of the city and spreads towards the center. At the time you'll hear about the outbreak untill it has reached the center of Oslo you have 5 hours.The city has been isolated, all land and naval exits are sealed off (all air traffic will also be shot down) and you'll be killed if you try in anyway to escape the city.

You have no idea how long the outbreak will last, it could take years for all you know. So what would you do and how would you surive?

Edit: The water supply to the city has been cut off to limit contamination.

Last edited:
FIRST POST

I'd steal one of those boats and travel north to finnmark. The human body will freeze solid without an active circulation system. So bye bye zombies.

oh crap. Can't use a naval escape. Okay sure. Crap. Most of my survival techniques involve getting to an area I can farm.

I'd break into the Tropehagen Zoo, and start breeding the rabbits for meat. I'd make forays into the forest/park located at (59

FIRST POST

(going into town to play pool, will edit in a response later.)

God damnit, you've been playing pool all day! Edit that damn post already :p

FIRST POST

I'd steal one of those boats and travel north to finnmark. The human body will freeze solid without an active circulation system. So bye bye zombies.

oh crap. Can't use a naval escape. Okay sure. Crap. Most of my survival techniques involve getting to an area I can farm.

Yes, I decided to cut off the escape option as it would make the scenario far too easy and quite meaningless.

All I can think of is that this scenario gives me an excellent excuse to try out using other people as human shields to protect myself from the Zombies.

All I can think of is that this scenario gives me an excellent excuse to try out using other people as human shields to protect myself from the Zombies.

Remember those human shields might turn into zombies :p

Zombie shields are even better! Long as you keep their faces towards the other Zombies, they can do you no harm.

Zombie shields are even better! Long as you keep their faces towards the other Zombies, they can do you no harm.

Touch

What kind of zombies are we talking? Fast zombies slow zombies? How long does it take to turn? Will a proper head shot kill them? Do I have to worry about being contaminated through blood or a bite or will I turn as soon as I die regardless if I come in contact with the infected? Do I have a bike? Can I have a weapon or do I have to figure that out myself? Are healthy people meeting at a specific place like a school or hospital?

Nevermind... I'll think of it later.

What kind of zombies are we talking? Fast zombies slow zombies? How long does it take to turn? Will a proper head shot kill them? Do I have to worry about being contaminated through blood or a bite or will I turn as soon as I die regardless if I come in contact with the infected? Do I have a bike? Can I have a weapon or do I have to figure that out myself? Are healthy people meeting at a specific place like a school or hospital?

Nevermind... I'll think of it later.

The zombies are a bit slower than humans but in general they have greater stamina, so you can outrun them, but not for long.

Yes a proper head shot will kill them. Fire and explosives will also kill them.

You don't have a bike. But there are bikes and automobiles in the city, however, unless you know how to start a car without a key, you either have to find a car with the key in it, or break into a house and find car keys and the car. Which will take time and is a choice you have to make. Or you could try to ride with someone, not something I would do, but you do as you please.

In Norway you'll have a hard time finding weapons as you have to have a hunting permit to bear arms, there are however some hunting shops located in the city who sells fire arms. You won't find explosives though.

Sure people could be meeting at a location, but you know nothing about that.

You could use google to find more information regarding the city

Last edited:
Where is the navy?

At the Seiersten/Storsand bridge? massed around Nesoddtangen? Is there a contingent at Nebba and Brevik?

Where is the navy?

At the Seiersten/Storsand bridge? massed around Nesoddtangen? Is there a contingent at Nebba and Brevik?

There is no navy in Oslo I'm afraid, but I like your thinking. The naval areas however is situated a little bit south of Gr

Last edited:
Ah... Aussie zoos have damn good fences and walls.

Are we talking about County Oslo?

Can I get to this island? "59

Ah... Aussie zoos have damn good fences and walls.

Are we talking about County Oslo?

Actually Tropehagen Zoo isn't even a zoo, I knew Oslo didn't have any Zoo's :p

Butikker-Vinterbro-028_trop.jpg

County? I suppose you could call it that, but Oslo is the capitol of Norway

Last edited:
What about the other island? I've got plans in mind, but I need to know if the navy will stop me getting there.

Summer or Winter?

What about the other island? I've got plans in mind, but I need to know if the navy will stop me getting there.

Summer or Winter?

It's summer at present time, as the pictures show.

My google earth seems to be missin, i'll install it again and get back to you in a jiffy

Ok got it

As you can see that Island is just outside Oslo if you select borders and labels. And the scenario states that if you try to move outside of Oslo you will be killed. The Island would be perfect though.

As you can see though, the area of oslo also stretches pretty far north, but since the infection spreads in towards the center it's a no go. The center being the star on google earth, i.e the capitol.

Last edited: