Zimmerman Trial | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Zimmerman Trial

Of course you can meet violence with non violence. Violence is not the use of force. Force is power. Power is not violence. Violence is using power / force with hatred.

Edit: Once some guy jumped me tried to hit me in the face, i just moved his hands doing my tai chi thing for a good 30 seconds or so and the guy was just outraged and amazed at the same time. I didn't hit him, didn't even scratch him, just made his hands dance all over the place. He just left the room and never messed with me again.

SWEET!

It seems that maybe the killing today is a little too easy. A drone flies over and drops bombs on your house. Now maybe some of those people were his family and had nothing to do with it. But since they were in there with him it's guilt by association. I wonder how humans can do such things and justify it. I guess they are drinking the full strength cool aide then. So they would know not what they are doing. As far as I can tell no one really knows what they are doing. Even a killer. Or a rapist. They don't know the harm they inflict. And most likely never will. Apply that to daily life. How many times do people get offended or hurt or mad. And it was only them getting upset. No one else has a problem but they do. It's in their head and they do not realize it. They are not self aware enough to know. The key to peace and love is awareness. Awareness of the self and others and how we think of life. We all have vastly different experiences daily.

It's like when your all watching a movie and some really like it and some think it sucks. And your watching the same thing but having a different experience because of your reactions to the movie you cannot enjoy it as much as the other guy. For some reason your turned off. You gotta switch yourself back on. How do you do it? Stop judging. Everything. Just look at it with an open mind with no thought about what your seeing. Then what do you see? What does the world look like without the eyes of judgement? I challenge all who read this to try it for a day....​

Zimmerman chased the kid when he was told not to by the 911 operator, which was extremely stupid.

Trayvon probably was up to no good and the way the media portrayed him as an innocent 12 year old boy out to buy candy was blatant sensationalism and wrong, but I really don't think that he deserved to be shot... he was probably just a typical adolescent doing stupid shit. I knew kids in elementary school who were breaking into houses and getting drunk in the living rooms... they didn't get shot over it.

I definitely don't think that race had anything to do with it and making it into a race issue media circus was extremely irresponsible on behalf of the lawyers and publicists-- racial tensions are a lot more dangerous than stand your ground laws and they tend to go to bad places and leave open wounds that don't heal easily. The trial itself probably caused a lot more damage than the actual shooting... and not just to Zimmerman/the Martins/that neckless girl.

I definitely don't think that race had anything to do with it and making it into a race issue media circus was extremely irresponsible on behalf of the lawyers and publicists-- racial tensions are a lot more dangerous than stand your ground laws and they tend to go to bad places and leave open wounds that don't heal easily. The trial itself probably caused a lot more damage than the actual shooting... and not just to Zimmerman/the Martins/that neckless girl.[/QUOTE]

Racial tensions are exacerbated by the drop of a hat. If media turned the screw and twisted the knife, they are more ignorant than all of us. I know I should speak my mind more than I do, but the "anything to sell" mentality causes problems. I agree with you wholeheartedly. The "who deserves to be shot" theory is still in court. Young adults, including myself when I was young, make mistakes. It is sad a 12 year old was shot. Whoever did the shooting has to live with that, and it sounds as if the media will make certain of it.

This about sums it all up....(please take the time to watch this, it's worth it)

[video=youtube;Ebu6Yvzs4Ls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebu6Yvzs4Ls[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: Cornerstone
First, whatever else can be said, Zimmerman could have shot him somewhere non-lethally, rather than straight to the heart. Toting a gun in some enforcement type scenario should obviously involve educating and making sure that people really understand and can handle the escalation of force (force continuum) under pressure. Those wounds look really far from life threatening, and it takes a pretty superficial head wound to bleed only that much (I have seen nearly lethal ones, and the difference is a large pool of blood that one might be surprised a person could even bleed out). I don't doubt, although my personal opinion doesn't equal fact, that Martin was probably spoiling for a fight, or was of questionable character, or that the media spun it: they spun Rodney King too where the facts were somewhat less outrageous than some random guy nearly getting beat to death for no reason (although somebody who's stupidly drunk can probably be stopped better by being talked down than beat up when they can barely feel because they're so drunk).

Someone who wants to get into a fist fight doesn't deserve to get shot, and despite Trayvon talking about his eagerness to get into a fight, I doubt his intention was to kill somebody, or even that Zimmerman's intention was that (2nd degree why?).

The problem is the shoot-em up mentality going with the stand your ground laws... if people want to tote guns in some enforcement scenario, they should probably be trained about force-escalation and made sure that they can handle the pressure... therefore, stand-your-ground defense should preclude following somebody (which is obviously pretty creepy if you haven't done anything) but hey, it's probably an even better idea to give everybody a gun and free rein as long as they feel threatened -- I would feel threatened in any fight in a state with those laws, for example for fear of some crazy being afraid that I might have a gun and will shoot him before he shoots me -- so that gun violence goes down.

Last edited:
White murders a white, going to prison.

White murders a black, this news is not good for business - DA comes to talk to him in his holding cell to see if there is any way to justify dropping the charges that the public will believe.

Black murders a black, doesn't even make the news. Going to prison.

Black murders a white, on the 6 o'clock news and going to prison.

Hispanic murders a black, usually doesn't even make the news - going to prison.

White people like to carry their guns, though, to protect them from the blacks and hispanics. Any case that might be able to justify carrying a gun and shooting a black or hispanic person, especially if it isn't perpetrated by a white person, in the end serves the white man's interests. White man don't want to be put on national trial for shooting a black man - prosecutors will be forced to pull out the racist card. Hispanic shooting a black - racism, in the eyes of the white majority, can be disregarded because the white man knows that they love each other for the sole reason that they take solidarity against the white man. Of course they couldn't be racist toward each other. If one manage to shoot another on some ground related to self defense, this is big news - this can advance the agenda.

Majority of white people were wishing for Zimmerman acquital so that they themselves might be able to get away with "shooting a nigger" someday. Sad, but true. Blacks knew this, that's why they made such a big deal out of it. Hispanics were just down with their brother.

White murders a white, going to prison.

White murders a black, this news is not good for business - DA comes to talk to him in his holding cell to see if there is any way to justify dropping the charges that the public will believe.

Black murders a black, doesn't even make the news. Going to prison.

Black murders a white, on the 6 o'clock news and going to prison.

Hispanic murders a black, usually doesn't even make the news - going to prison.

White people like to carry their guns, though, to protect them from the blacks and hispanics. Any case that might be able to justify carrying a gun and shooting a black or hispanic person, especially if it isn't perpetrated by a white person, in the end serves the white man's interests. White man don't want to be put on national trial for shooting a black man - prosecutors will be forced to pull out the racist card. Hispanic shooting a black - racism, in the eyes of the white majority, can be disregarded because the white man knows that they love each other for the sole reason that they take solidarity against the white man. Of course they couldn't be racist toward each other. If one manage to shoot another on some ground related to self defense, this is big news - this can advance the agenda.

Majority of white people were wishing for Zimmerman acquital so that they themselves might be able to get away with "shooting a nigger" someday. Sad, but true. Blacks knew this, that's why they made such a big deal out of it. Hispanics were just down with their brother.
I think you summed up nicely what a rather large segment of the black population believes. I can't say I find much to disagree with, in theory. Individually I think "white" people like to think of themselves as enlightened. Individually I think "black" people don't feel oppressed. Collectively, I think we all have some work to do. It is too easy to play the "well this one time" game, I know because I have my own stories of racial prejudice and sense of outrage. It is truly a vicious cycle.

So... white people, raise your hands, who here agrees with this?

Majority of white people were wishing for Zimmerman acquital so that they themselves might be able to get away with "shooting a nigger" someday.

Right. That's on my bucket list, right up there with "own a private island" "jet ski in Guam" and "pay off the mortgage". Because it's what I dream about at night and strive for everyday.

Seriously? the majority of blacks believe this? That's twisted that anyone would believe that.

i think it's ridiculous the way the race card is still being played whenever something like this happens.
perhaps if we stopped fixating on it we could move forward.

That's just not reality.
I might have a rebuttal if it were even slightly close, but it's not, so I have nothing.

I think you summed up nicely what a rather large segment of the black population believes. I can't say I find much to disagree with, in theory. Individually I think "white" people like to think of themselves as enlightened. Individually I think "black" people don't feel oppressed. Collectively, I think we all have some work to do. It is too easy to play the "well this one time" game, I know because I have my own stories of racial prejudice and sense of outrage. It is truly a vicious cycle.

Individually, people think a lot of things.

Last edited:
I find it quite amusing. When you sit back and are neutral you can see that blacks have a fucking huge chip on their shoulder, this whole trial was political, FFS Zimmerman wasn't even a white dude that just goes to show you how fucking dumb this was.

White people weren't involved at all lol

I personally stay away from black people I can't fucking stand them, every one I've met is a racist twat with a chip on their shoulder.

Oh and before anyone gives me shit. My ex-partner's grandfather was black and was from Jamaica, so I married in to a black family and my kids have black heritage.

Now I know not all black people are racist, but from my experience, it seems black kids are brought up with this fallacy that "dem white honkeys want to keep yo in yo place" which is pure BS ( well apart form UKIP and the BNP/EDL )

So let the racists kill each other, whether your black,white,brown or yellow and leave the planet for the rest of us,so we can live in peace, because the rest of planet Earth is getting sick of this shit.

Oh I forgot to add, apart from one black cousin I have who is fucking gay as a pink Christmas tree, he was fucking awesome.