Your relationship with "Opportunities" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your relationship with "Opportunities"

I’m sure I’ll come and participate when it’s the right time. There’s enough mental physical and political and spiritual abuse in my town that I refuse to encourage. Thank you for the opportunity. This is me letting someone else have theirs. <3

Last edited:
Agreed. It depends upon the situation. My idea of an opportunity in something is different from another’s and not something I’d share with simply anyone.

there are personal values and there’s social ones. This isn’t particularly where I would choose to do that and same as the town that I live in, as much as I enjoy participating. Thank you for the invitation. <3

I’m sure I’ll come and participate when it’s the right time. There’s enough mental physical and political and spiritual abuse in my town that I refuse to encourage. Thank you for the opportunity.
It's no problem at all. I bet you have a lot to say but I wouldn't want anyone to pressure themselves and do something they weren't comfortable or ready yet.
Thank you for sharing your boundaries and being so honest, and for tuning in and even considering diving deeper into it. <3

This is me letting someone else have theirs. <3
Ha! I see what you did there! :D

What it is like when sudden opportunities present themselves to you?

Well, when you combine skepticism with hedonism, impulsiveness of ADHD, a Big 5 Openness score that is off the charts, curiosity and playfulness, jaded sensibilities, and rational considerations of risk vs. reward, my brain quickly overloads.

It also depends on the nature of the opportunity and how it presents itself.

I have tended to be open to opportunity with people in real life outside of business, hesitant and skeptical in business, and ambivalent hot/cold online.

How would you describe an ability to create opportunities?

By preparing yourself such that you will be ready in terms of openness, awareness, mastery, skills, connections, and resources so you may recognize that an opportunity has presented itself, and be ready to choose it and take action.

And there is the side where doing these things sends energy into the world, which changes situations and interactions, which results in both the opening and closing of doors.

Edit: And how about creating "sudden opportunities"?

Dare to say the crazy idea. Make eye contact, engage, listen and receive. Smile. Actually be interested, because this cannot be faked. Identify their want and need and dovetail so as to go there. Attitude. Respect.

Sometimes people will open themselves, or a door, because...you assumed the form of a key.

Go for what you really want. The worst thing that will happen is hearing, "No." It is far more important to remember that you don't need to wait to seek goals and accomplishments. You deserve to try now. Seek opportunities and go for the ones you really want now. Keep building experience, and try again if the answer was "no" the first time (if it is still a goal). Don't listen to people who say you can't.

7kaNMxo.png

Cheers,
Ian