†☔†
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 28, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
954 so/sx
I want to compile information about lies from the government and media (primarily USA since I live here and that's all I'm fed. But lies from other countries are just as applicable, and probably more useful to me since I'm an ignorant fat slob like every American).

The point of this thread is to gather actual evidence in order to understand the real reasons why the general public is deceived (for our own safety or demise), gauge how much we should all trust what we are being fed, and how much we should fight against it, if at all. Ideas/Thoughts regarding this are also welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. This is not a place for conjecture or long debate. If you feel you've discovered a lie it must be backed with CREDIBLE and PHYSICAL evidence.
  2. This can include things like contradictions in reports, evidence of photo/video tampering, contradictory timelines, falsifying information, money trails, omitting important details etc.
  3. I realise many things will be hard for people to swallow (hence the PAX tag) because there is never 100% proof in any circumstance, but if an event or circumstance has enough conflicting information to cause reasonable doubt then it should be presented in this thread. This is a peaceful sharing of intel, not "the Illuminati stole my reptile baby" or "let's pick apart the crazy tinfoil hat conspiracists."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So of course my first lie has to be Building 7. It's destruction is an impossibility given the information that has been presented to the public. It fell at free fall speed, not having been hit by a plane and having only minimal fire damage.

[video=youtube;bWorDrTC0Qg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWorDrTC0Qg[/video]

Bill O'Reilly, a major news figurehead lies profusely.

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/bill-oreilly-long-list-of-lies/

That guy lives in his own little anti-reality bubble. He should try to do some fact checking, since he seems to care so much about being right... I guess I don't even understand why people listen to him, unless they also care so little about the truth, but more about dishing out "righteous" retribution. It's okay to be wrong sometimes, especially if you're willing to try to change it.

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
That guy lives in his own little anti-reality bubble. He should try to do some fact checking, since he seems to care so much about being right... I guess I don't even understand why people listen to him, unless they also care so little about the truth, but more about dishing out "righteous" retribution. It's okay to be wrong sometimes, especially if you're willing to try to change it.

i try to understand this too. i think maybe it is a competitive mentality (in the sense of either only "winning" or "losing", and opposed to cooperative mentality) to do with drives for social dominance.

(sorry this is a bit off topic.)

Reactions: Free

i try to understand this too. i think maybe it is a competitive mentality (in the sense of either only "winning" or "losing", and opposed to cooperative mentality) to do with drives for social dominance.

(sorry this is a bit off topic.)

Bill oreilly is paid to lie

He is a professional liar

If he is lying it is because his paymasters want him to lie

The important 'social dominance' aspect is not bills own drive for social dominance (who gives a fuck about bill?) but rather the social dominance that bills employers are seeking over us the general populace who then consume bills lies

The truth shall set us free...by freeing our minds from their spell (false narratives that they weave)

Reactions: Sandie33
Bill oreilly is paid to lie

He is a professional liar

If he is lying it is because his paymasters want him to lie

The important 'social dominance' aspect is not bills own drive for social dominance (who gives a fuck about bill?) but rather the social dominance that bills employers are seeking over us the general populace who then consume bills lies

The truth shall set us free...by freeing our minds from their spell (false narratives that they weave)

In the best possible world, everyone would. It seems that we learn hate as a sort of egoistic coping mechanism, or something like that, and learned in that way, it's especially hard to unlearn.

Reactions: invisible
In the best possible world, everyone would. It seems that we learn hate as a sort of egoistic coping mechanism, or something like that, and learned in that way, it's especially hard to unlearn.

I think it is about what level a persons consciouness is working on ie where it places its focus

For example if you are low down on maslows hierarchy of needs scale or the VALS scale then you are more likely to get caught up in petty hate at a personal level

If you are higher up those scales you don't waste your time and energy at that petty level and instead you are looking over and beyond all that to the bigger picture

So there's no point looking at bill....bill is a paid clown

Look beyond bill at who is paying him to lie and why they are doing that

of course some people whose consciousness is operating at a low level will then attack me for saying that because rather than look at the bigger picture to seek a greater truth they are thinking on a very small, petty level at their immediate social status (which occupies all their nervous energy...these kind of people are invariably neurotic, emotionally unstable and emotionally needy)

Ummmm.... you can leave me out of your definition of an ignorant fat American. Its true America has many people like this but I am not one of them. I find it offensive that you group all Americans into the category.

This shows how completely uninformed you are. So you can absolutely group yourself into the definition you have given for Americans in general.

Please, by all means prove to me that he is not a lying media figurehead. That's why I created this thread. I'm very dumb, especially regarding politics. I already placed myself in that group, that was my point.

Also, I am not intending to be offensive, it is a tongue and cheek generalization. I guess since you don't know me, and this is online, it's hard to gauge tone. I'm not being entirely serious. It's a quip.

Let me break down my thought process for you here. If a person spends more than a few days outside the US, they quickly learn how ignorant they are regarding politics and international news compared to the rest of the world. I'm not attacking anyone personally, but other countries make fun of Americans because of their lack of politcal and geographical knowledge. I'm taking the power back. I am in fact probably more knowledgeable than most people. Which is unfortunate because I really don't know shit.

Again, I have provided a list of lies made by Bill O'Reilly and if you can disprove the legitimacy of the vast majority of them, I welcome this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandie33 and muir
Two more lies which are heavily documented:

1) The U.S. Public Health Service lied about treating black men with syphilis for more than 40 years. Known as the Tuskegee Study, participants were told they were being given treatment but were not. This ended in 1972.
2) The government tested the effects of LSD on unwitting U.S. and Canadian citizens. Known as Project MKUltra.

Reactions: dang
I think it is about what level a persons consciouness is working on ie where it places its focus

For example if you are low down on maslows hierarchy of needs scale or the VALS scale then you are more likely to get caught up in petty hate at a personal level

If you are higher up those scales you don't waste your time and energy at that petty level and instead you are looking over and beyond all that to the bigger picture

So there's no point looking at bill....bill is a paid clown

Look beyond bill at who is paying him to lie and why they are doing that

of course some people whose consciousness is operating at a low level will then attack me for saying that because rather than look at the bigger picture to seek a greater truth they are thinking on a very small, petty level at their immediate social status (which occupies all their nervous energy...these kind of people are invariably neurotic, emotionally unstable and emotionally needy)

The problem is, most of society is mentally trapped in some way due to no fault of their own, and how do we reach these people? How do we change the status quo when it is so vehemently fought against by both the uninformed, and those fighting to maintain power. You can't make leaps of faith in logic. It must be painfully drawn out A to B to C so that it is easily consumable by anyone, present or future.

You say Bill is not important, that he is a shill of sorts and a "yes man" to a higher power. Now, provide specific concrete evidence of this before making such claims or your audience turns away. The more the better because this is a high mountain you are climbing. The newscasters weave an elaborate web of lies? For what purpose? What physical proof of this exists?

Where do the lies lead us. A to B to C.

Please, by all means prove to me that he is not a lying media figurehead. That's why I created this thread. I'm very dumb, especially regarding politics. I already placed myself in that group, that was my point.

Also, I am not intending to be offensive, it is a tongue and cheek generalization. I guess since you don't know me, and this is online, it's hard to gauge tone. I'm not being entirely serious. It's a quip.

Let me break down my thought process for you here. If a person spends more than a few days outside the US, they quickly learn how ignorant they are regarding politics and international news compared to the rest of the world. I'm not attacking anyone personally, but other countries make fun of Americans because of their lack of political and geographical knowledge. I'm taking the power back. I am in fact probably more knowledgeable than most people. Which is unfortunate because I really don't know shit.

Again, I have provided a list of lies made by Bill O'Reilly and if you can disprove the legitimacy of the vast majority of them, I welcome this.

So fucking true.

I'm very familiar with all of the material you're posting about, but if I were you dude, don't waste your time trying to convince others of their reality. The implications of some of the subjects you're mentioning are so huge, and can really rattle a person who's unfamiliar with this stuff, so you have to leave it up to them to discover it for themselves. Trying to enlighten and handhold other people through this shit isn't your responsibility man. Remember the saying, "you can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink".

So fucking true.

I'm very familiar with all of the material you're posting about, but if I were you dude, don't waste your time trying to convince others of their reality. The implications of some of the subjects you're mentioning are so huge, and can really rattle a person who's unfamiliar with this stuff, so you have to leave it up to them to discover it for themselves. Trying to enlighten and handhold other people through this shit isn't your responsibility man. Remember the saying, "you can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink".

I'm trying to convince/persuade/enlighten myself just as much as I am everyone else. Perhaps it is the idealistic INFJ in me, wanting so badly to create some small amount of good in the world, but mostly I just want to discover some real truth for myself. I would love nothing more than to have some join the ride with me though.

I've been around. Truly. I've pieced and patchworked things together to fit my own spectrum of reality. In this thread, I'm interested in exploring truths that may not sit well with my own reality or by the same token, potentially discovering new information that solidifies my preconceived notions of my own reality. Most people aren't interested in or are unable to open up to such exploration and that's fine. As you said, handholding is not my responsibility.

If I'm being honest with myself though, I know I'm being lied to in all sorts of ways. Knowing this has helped me reject a lot of bullshit over the years and I want others to understand the importance of discerning when they are being lied to, how to cope with this, and reject the bullshit they are fed on a daily basis. It's a nearly impossible task, but if I can create a starting point of logical pathways regarding the distortion of information MAYBE some eyes will be opened.

So, I need a repository of lies. Please help. Everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandie33
what now? party and party
fun fun fun fun
looking forward to the weekend

I hate to break it to you, but it's Monday. :(

Edit:

WAIT a second. Did... you just bring Rebecca Black all up in here?? Cruel.

I think some people focus on external reasons to avoid internal conflicts at the detriment to their own sense of personal responsibility when they look to "uncover" the truth about things not directly related to them in a tangible matter. Impassioned external loci focus coupled with some grandiose idea that you are saving the world makes me think you are avoiding personal problems....it's like that person has to find reasons to alleviate feelings of guilt or inadequacy. It's not my fault...it's (insert)

UFO's are a big one. Inherent in that, tons of technology way beyond what most people have now being possible. Opens up all sorts of doors. Said UFO's have, apparently, been here for quite a long time, looking through literature and paintings.

I think some people focus on external reasons to avoid internal conflicts at the detriment to their own sense of personal responsibility when they look to "uncover" the truth about things not directly related to them in a tangible matter. Impassioned external loci focus coupled with some grandiose idea that you are saving the world makes me think you are avoiding personal problems....it's like that person has to find reasons to alleviate feelings of guilt or inadequacy. It's not my fault...it's (insert)

I agree with basically everything you wrote except the bolded. Even if it isn't clear to see, there really are threads and overlaps that connect some of these subjects to virtually everyone's lives. I do feel by "uncovering" this stuff, I've managed to get to the source of a number of my frustrations and address them head on, although I do agree that some people pursue this stuff with an unusual fervor in order to escape from their own problems.