4w5 or 5w4, so/sp/sx
http://www.gamerdna.com/quizzes/bartle-test-of-gamer-psychology

Your gamerDNA is:
EXPLORER

113% explorer, 47% socializer, 40% achiever, 20% killer

The Explorer motto:
"No stone unturned!"

Description:

It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.

Secondary influences

Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.

Explorer here, too -

But it's funny; I think most everyone gets Explorer.

Stats - E: 87% S: 67% A: 47% K: 13%

Secondary (E/S): Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.

Killer 60%
Achiever 53%
Explorer 47%
Socializer 40%

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.
Secondary influences
  • Killer Achievers pit themselves against PvE challenges as well--though often it's a means to an end. A KA often enjoys PvP that focuses on their skill as an individual contributor (duels, and so forth) as well as their personal position on competitive ladders and such.

E -80%
A - 40%
S - 40%
K - 40%

Killer - 100%
Achiever - 53%
Explorer - 40%
socializer - 13%

Explorer

The Explorer motto: "No stone unturned!" Description: It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.
Secondary influences
  • Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.
  • Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.
  • Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.

Of course, I've never actually played the kind of game in which these types apply. I prefer games like Civ, or more specifically certain mods of Civ IV. I'm much more of a modder than a gamer. The real game is tweaking the rules of the game both to be cooler in their own right and to align more closely with the lore. Actually playing the game is mostly about testing the code.

Last edited:
EXPLORER

Description: It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.

Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.

87% explorer, 60% socializer, 40% achiever, 13% killer

I wish this was a bit more comprehensive, though. This quiz is really only for one type of gaming format, the MMPORG. To me, you don't have a lot of leeway in an MMPORG because the decisions you make are largely based on the quests you're given. You can't really create quests, or make friends with known enemies, or play from something out of your past. You're pretty static as an MMPORG character, so my description is largely who I am as a gamer if I'm in a static system.

Now, online RPGs that are text-based? That's another story. I prefer those because I can deepen my characters and choose different motives. And the story is always changing.

I wish this was a bit more comprehensive, though. This quiz is really only for one type of gaming format, the MMPORG. To me, you don't have a lot of leeway in an MMPORG because the decisions you make are largely based on the quests you're given. You can't really create quests, or make friends with known enemies, or play from something out of your past. You're pretty static as an MMPORG character, so my description is largely who I am as a gamer if I'm in a static system.

Now, online RPGs that are text-based? That's another story. I prefer those because I can deepen my characters and choose different motives. And the story is always changing.

Oh sure; I mean, I personally gravitate to the plot line and the capacity to BUILD in games; the latter of which is not widely supported in MMOs right now. Otherwise, it seems like that would have to be a personality type until itself.

(contains profanity)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCYPGnJdO1U"]YouTube - The Online Gamer[/ame]

Last edited:
Reactions: christmas
Explorer > Achiever > Socializer > Killer

(didn't make the test)

Explorer, Socializer, Achiever, Killer

At the mmo company I used to work for 95% of designers were Achievers. (I think one or two weren't). They recognized the monetary importance of socializers and hated explorers. The big debate is always between killer and achiver centered mmos.

Explorer, Socializer, Achiever, Killer

At the mmo company I used to work for 95% of designers were Achievers. (I think one or two weren't). They recognized the monetary importance of socializers and hated explorers. The big debate is always between killer and achiver centered mmos.

I'm pushing to tinker in this very arena, and I have an idea on how to truly address the needs of the explorer without great expense or sacrificing what achievers and socializers want. Theoretical, but we'll see

SOCIALIZER

"No friend undiscovered!"

It's not what you do, but who you know, how you are known and who loves you. People with high Socializer scores enjoy interacting with other people, forming bonds and finding cooperative solutions to the challenges within the virtual world.
Secondary influences
Socializer Killers loyally love and fiercely hate. Groups an SK bonds with in game are often deemed heroic, while the opposition is reviled. SKs appreciate teamwork and cooperation in PvP. They may become vicious predators while enjoying the thrill of hunt within in a pack, but they are not likely to seek out targets by themselves. They enjoy forming groups and alliances that will pit themselves against other players--and they gain the most satisfaction when they defeat organized groups of other players.
Socializer Explorers love the the 'total experience' of a virtual world--meeting new people and finding the unique places. They don't care much for PVP or leveling, but meeting up with online friends to see new parts of the world is considered fun and exciting. SEs make great group members, because they often know everything there is to know about a game and are enjoy sharing that knowledge freely.
Socializer Achievers value reputation. They want to be known and appreciated for what they accomplish bother for themselves and their group. If city or base building are available in a game, they enjoy creating these and inviting other people to come and see. SAs enjoy the increased social status that comes with defeating a powerful foe or finding a unique treasure more than the act of gaining or possessing the achievement itself. SAs endeavor to be associated with leaders and teams that are renown for great deeds, often finding as much satisfaction in the success of the group as with oneself.

Your gamerDNA is:

Explorer

The Explorer motto: "No stone unturned!" Description:
It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.

Secondary influences
  • Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.
  • Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.
  • Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.
Killer simply sounds like someone who likes strategy.

Last edited:
SOCIALIZER

"No friend undiscovered!"

It's not what you do, but who you know, how you are known and who loves you. People with high Socializer scores enjoy interacting with other people, forming bonds and finding cooperative solutions to the challenges within the virtual world.
Secondary influences
Socializer Killers loyally love and fiercely hate. Groups an SK bonds with in game are often deemed heroic, while the opposition is reviled. SKs appreciate teamwork and cooperation in PvP. They may become vicious predators while enjoying the thrill of hunt within in a pack, but they are not likely to seek out targets by themselves. They enjoy forming groups and alliances that will pit themselves against other players--and they gain the most satisfaction when they defeat organized groups of other players.
Socializer Explorers love the the 'total experience' of a virtual world--meeting new people and finding the unique places. They don't care much for PVP or leveling, but meeting up with online friends to see new parts of the world is considered fun and exciting. SEs make great group members, because they often know everything there is to know about a game and are enjoy sharing that knowledge freely.
Socializer Achievers value reputation. They want to be known and appreciated for what they accomplish bother for themselves and their group. If city or base building are available in a game, they enjoy creating these and inviting other people to come and see. SAs enjoy the increased social status that comes with defeating a powerful foe or finding a unique treasure more than the act of gaining or possessing the achievement itself. SAs endeavor to be associated with leaders and teams that are renown for great deeds, often finding as much satisfaction in the success of the group as with oneself.
No INTP would get that. ;)