your favorite books on spirituality | INFJ Forum

your favorite books on spirituality

eii

Jun 5, 2010
MBTI
INTJ
mine are A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and A Thousand Names for Joy by Byron Katie, I experienced shifts while reading both books

The Bible - because everyone deep down mocks it, so they don't get as much out of it as someone who knew nothing about it would. :D Funny how that works. It covers spirituality more than enough.

Be Here Now by Ram Dass.
Yoga Of Truth by Peter Marchand.

Edit: I don't like to talk too much about these books because I will not be able to make them justice. I will just leave them as suggestions for people who are looking for good stuff to read.

Last edited:
The Cloud of Unknowing

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Awareness-Opportunities-Reality-Anthony-Mello/dp/0385249373/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275757968&sr=8-1"]Awareness by Anthony DeMello[/ame]

The only book I've read on spirituality/self-help that has had a profound effect on me.
It was incredibly insightful, realistic, and hilarious. Three of my favorite combinations!

Last edited:
"The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" by Alan Watts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmz605GAnc"]YouTube- Alan Watts - The Real You[/ame]

Last edited:
Reactions: dneecey
Be Here Now by Ram Dass.
Yoga Of Truth by Peter Marchand.

Edit: I don't like to talk too much about these books because I will not be able to make them justice. I will just leave them as suggestions for people who are looking for good stuff to read.

Sounds interesting, I've checked them online and will take a look at them in more detail. I totally understand your sentiment for not being able to make them justice :)

Sounds interesting, I've checked them online and will take a look at them in more detail. I totally understand your sentiment for not being able to make them justice :)

This thread is a real sm

Falling into the Arms of God - Meditations with Teresa of Avila by Megan Don