You are stranded on an island... | INFJ Forum

You are stranded on an island...

JGirl

no chocolate flavored gum? wow
Nov 9, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Imagine that you've been exiled for one year to an uninhabited island.
there are birds, plants, and seafood to eat, and plenty of jungle-like terrain with a large beach surrounding it.

you were dumped on the beach with nothing but the clothes on your back and a steamer trunk containing 10 items.
what are those ten items in your trunk?

my items would be:

shovel
hatchet
knife
flint
large roll of mosquito netting
cooking pot
rope
slingshot
popeil pocket fisherman
diary

i think i'm gonna die.

1. one large bottle of diphenhydramine
2. machete
3. box of pencils
4. pencil sharpener
5. my moleskine
6. my dutch oven
7. my blankey
8. kitchen twine
9. econo bottle of gummy vitamins
10. flour sack

i think i'm gonna die.

1. one large bottle of diphenhydramine
2. machete
3. box of pencils
4. pencil sharpener
5. my moleskine
6. my dutch oven
7. my blankey
8. kitchen twine
9. econo bottle of gummy vitamins
10. flour sack

i enjoyed reading your list - curious about the flour sack though!

Items:

1. Tent
2. Survival knife
3. Flint
4. Radio
5. Magnesium fire starter
6. Saw blade
7. Containers (to collect rain water and boil food)
8. Solar still
9. Bright orange clothing and camoflauge (for rescuing purposes and to wear in the forest for hunting)
10. Medicine kit

Items:

1. Tent
2. Survival knife
3. Flint
4. Radio
5. Magnesium fire starter
6. Saw blade
7. Containers (to collect rain water and boil food)
8. Solar still
9. Bright orange clothing and camoflauge (for rescuing purposes and to wear in the forest for hunting)
10. Medicine kit

there are no animals on this island except for birds, so you probably won't need the camo stuff.

there are no animals on this island except for birds, so you probably won't need the camo stuff.

Damn... I wanted to hunt me a lion!

[MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] : the flour sack is for carrying and storing things of value. of course i'd have to use it gingerly as it would wear out quickly, but it might last if i were careful. if i completely fail at fishing with the kitchen twine (which i am so sure i will) i'll always have my trusty flour sack in times of desperation. AMBUSH THE FISH.

Magnifying glass
Hatchet
Tarp
Survival Knife
Whetstone
Rope
Cooking pot
Refillable lighter
Lighter fluid
1 bottle of high-proof grain alcohol

[MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] : the flour sack is for carrying and storing things of value. of course i'd have to use it gingerly as it would wear out quickly, but it might last if i were careful. if i completely fail at fishing with the kitchen twine (which i am so sure i will) i'll always have my trusty flour sack in times of desperation. AMBUSH THE FISH.

ah yes the trusty flour sack. lol
...about the twine - maybe you'd rather trade it in for a popeil pocket fisherman like i'm taking to my island. it's a handy fold up fishing pole. as seen on tv
View attachment 10274

and damn look at the fish it catches!

Reactions: christmas
Magnifying glass
Hatchet
Tarp
Survival Knife
Whetstone
Rope
Cooking pot
Refillable lighter
Lighter fluid
1 bottle of high-proof grain alcohol

is a whetstone something used for sharpening knives?
and uh, what are you gonna use the alcohol for?

as in, will my cell phone have reception, and will my gps actually work and be able to find me?

You can always throw your cellphone battery at a bird if you get hungry.

as in, will my cell phone have reception, and will my gps actually work and be able to find me?

yes, i'll give you that. they will both work until the batteries die. you will be able to call anyone but you cannot be taken off the island for a year, regardless, and you must remain alone.
that's the rules of the game niffer, sorry!
that's a pretty big sacrifice, considering that you will have use of them for a very short time, and you will have given up the opportunity to have two other items with you that would have really been useful. :p

yes, i'll give you that. they will both work until the batteries die. you will be able to call anyone but you cannot be taken off the island for a year, regardless, and you must remain alone.
that's the rules of the game niffer, sorry!
that's a pretty big sacrifice, considering that you will have use of them for a very short time, and you will have given up the opportunity to have two other items with you that would have really been useful. :p

oh i see, one year! didn't read that part

Now it's all changed since we're only gonna be on the island for a year! Could we at least have cows? I wanna make me a burger :(