Yet Another Donald Trump Thread | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Yet Another Donald Trump Thread

It’s a matter of steering a retired or about to retire couple away from risky investments that make more money and make it faster for the investment house and instead steering them toward safer, albeit slower growth funds that don’t pay off as big or as fast as other investments might.
This is partially how our housing bubble began which almost collapsed the whole economy.
They don’t have to “close up shop”, but they do have to be honest with those who are investing money with them.

This in no way will benefit those investing their retirement savings or saving for retirement...it’s a gift to the companies, just like the gift Trump gave the oil industry when he did away with the necessary reporting of how much each company pays a foreign government to leech oil/minerals out of the ground....go ahead, bribe away!
Retirees are a difficult group because of the potential for diminished faculties. It might sound like age discrimination, but perhaps people over a certain age should be limited in their investments.
?

Reactions: Skarekrow
Retirees are a difficult group because of the potential for diminished faculties. It might sound like age discrimination, but perhaps people over a certain age should be limited in their investments.
?

It isn’t hard to say “Look, we can make more money with this to reach your goal faster, but it is riskier." and give people statistics they can understand...you have a X% chance of losing your investment vs “X” of your potential growth.
Then it’s...”If you want a safer investment that will take longer to mature you can chose “X”” give them the same stats and if they are too old to be making financial decisions then usually a child or relative will take them over...if not, the courts can force them provided they meet the standards.
For example...when I had a larger portfolio than I do now, one week before the Wall St. collapse was known to the public...fucking AIG called me directly and some broker was offering me "some great investments at a really great price!” ;)
That man-cunt knew AIG was going down, and going down hard...yet, here he was selling me absolute crapworth of investment deals...stupid shady asshole. I did not invest as it seemed really strange that they would call me and not my own broker through my employer.
Shady...and we all know how AIG behaved since....they have flaunted it in everyone’s face.
This is why this regulation needs to be in place....because they will flat out lie given the opportunity...this has been proven by them again and again, most recently with the Wells Fargo scandal where they created false accounts in people’s name without their knowledge or permission.
Now they don’t want to go to court and are trying to push arbitration instead...fucking really?!
Yeah...they are too dishonest over here...the regulations are there for a good reason.

@Flavus Aquila
I remember that AIG broker said, “Listen....*dramatic pause* this is AIG we are talking about here...you can’t find a better backed group.”
He was using pretty aggressive tactics...I can imagine an elderly person getting suckered.

Reactions: Littlelissa
16649509_1690833154260989_2908161558671318178_n.png

And now....

How does this benefit the working class?
It’s doesn’t? Oh...hmmm...

*listens for sound of swamp being drained and hears nothing*

U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren
Yesterday at 11:51am ·

Yesterday, just two days after a federal court upheld a Labor Department rule to prevent retirement advisers from cheating their customers and draining their savings, the Trump Administration backtracked on their regulatory freeze and submitted a proposed regulation to delay the new rule for 180 days.

Let’s be clear about what this means.
On his first full day in office, President Trump froze all new and pending regulations with a stroke of his pen.

He froze rules to help people access health care.
He stopped a rule to help out spouses of active service members who have been relocated, disabled, or killed.

He even halted a rule that would have increased energy efficiency, reducing emissions and cutting your electricity bills.
But he had no problem putting forward a rule to give financial advisers six more months to cheat hardworking Americans saving for their retirement.

Labor Department to delay, revisit fiduciary rule - sources
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-brokerage-regulation-exclusive-idUSKBN15P007

2nsw390.jpg

Always I ask myself what Pinky asks herself in this "Oblivious Pinky" art by Evehly. What is an America?

What was so great about it before? Why does it need to be again the way it was before, when this is not then, but now? What does it mean for it to be "great" again and what would be involved in making it this way - some precise series of steps, like following a recipe?

It's disturbing because there's nothing about it that is in any way clear. It's all a big pile of mush that in its possibilities of meaning, could potentially permit almost anything.

As a scholar of texts this interests me but mostly disturbs me due to the fervour with which the slogan has been adopted. So many people are saying it and wearing it but they really have no better idea of what they mean by it than Pinky does.

At least she has the excuse of being from another universe. If she wasn't, Pinky would never wear this idiotic hat.

I just don't like liberals. Liberals are attempting to destroy society at every turn.

Hahahahahhahahah

and

Hahahahhahaha all over again, and again.

2nsw390.jpg

Always I ask myself what Pinky asks herself in this "Oblivious Pinky" art by Evehly. What is an America?

What was so great about it before? Why does it need to be again the way it was before, when this is not then, but now? What does it mean for it to be "great" again and what would be involved in making it this way - some precise series of steps, like following a recipe?

It's disturbing because there's nothing about it that is in any way clear. It's all a big pile of mush that in its possibilities of meaning, could potentially permit almost anything.

As a scholar of texts this interests me but mostly disturbs me due to the fervour with which the slogan has been adopted. So many people are saying it and wearing it but they really have no better idea of what they mean by it than Pinky does.

At least she has the excuse of being from another universe. If she wasn't, Pinky would never wear this idiotic hat.
People feel different things. Trying to invalidate some feels in favour of others shouldn't be dressed up in childish snootiness.

People feel different things. Trying to invalidate some feels in favour of others shouldn't be dressed up in childish snootiness.

I think that post is a lot more sophisticated and nuanced than that. Good post @invisible, right on the mark! It's stupid and childish to 'Wanna make America great again' when what your saying what you want is actually a catch phrase, and you haven't thought about what that 'great' really is. I think this is what the post is saying, and people think like that, like they did in the U.K. and look what we've ended up with...what's going to turn out to be a whole lot of crap.

No offence, but I think your being slightly hypocritical here, if I may say, in actually invalidating @invisible yourself with your comment.

images9PD3F0MG.jpg

...Is what Banksy would say.

My only point is that it shouldn't be dressed up in ponies.

It's a clever little beautifully executed cartoon from an artist that is very well regarded in the particular fan community where it arose. It's clever because of those dimensions I discussed, which are political, philosophical, and culturally critical in nature. Cartooning is a very active and popular political medium, and this cartoon, like many other cartoons of different types, communicates complex meaning. I appreciated the cartoon because it's a really cool little artwork that works on multiple levels.