Would you date a single parent? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Would you date a single parent?

While being all in is amazing sometimes just the tip can be very fun too ;)

robert-downey-jr.gif

Were you ever a casual dater?

My only relationship was with ex and it was a fucked up one. I was 22 when we got together so I never did the teen dating thing either. I have no clue what a normal healthy relationship feels like, which is why the causal route is so perfect for me. I get to learn first hand that people aren't scum, I get to learn what I actually want, and I get to have a lot of fun. Although my one friend said that since we are exclusive that doesn't mean we are casual, but I disagree.

If people don't casually date how do you even find out if someone is a compatible partner for the long term? Do you all just date from your friend pool?

I never really dated. I just got involved with the first person I'd ever had a serious relationship with very quickly. That was 5 years ago. For me, if it wasn't going anywhere, it wasn't fun. I don't have a friend pool to date from. Feelings always too intense if I like and give someone my time to remain casual. I become very easily invested if I'm interested. tbh, I don't think being casual is fun or exciting. It's just not fulfilling. Mostly feels like being used. The sex isn't worth it either. Sex is always tied to strong emotions or feelings, feeling comfortable, settled, at ease, and being at home with someone. Casual can't offer that.

how busy your lives are, how you prioritize people and responsibilities is a huge part of this.
Yeah that is just shitty. I am busy but I make it known that if you let me know by Wednesday that you want to hang out over the weekend, I will make it work. I can't do spur of the moment anymore but I can still prioritize spending time with you.

I've found a lot of parents use their kids to justify not being able to do stuff (and hey I'm guilty of it too because it is more socially acceptable to say, sorry I can't my kids blah blah blah, instead of saying I honestly have no desire to spend time with you if it is going to require any effort on my part).

Yeah that is just shitty. I am busy but I make it known that if you let me know by Wednesday that you want to hang out over the weekend, I will make it work. I can't do spur of the moment anymore but I can still prioritize spending time with you.

I've found a lot of parents use their kids to justify not being able to do stuff (and hey I'm guilty of it too because it is more socially acceptable to say, sorry I can't my kids blah blah blah, instead of saying I honestly have no desire to spend time with you if it is going to require any effort on my part).

K. Thanks?

Reactions: Jet
Would you be in a relationship with someone who has a child(ren) of their own?
No.

What factors may play into your decision?
1) The desire to raise my own biological offspring.

2) The offspring of another man not being my responsibility.
any reservations?
I sympathize with widows.
Is it something you'd consider in the first place?
Never.