Worlds first cyborg | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Worlds first cyborg

Very creepy. And I guess I'm missing the concept: The rat is alive, but are they connecting electrodes to its exposed brain? Is it "seeing" in two places at once? What will they do to poor Gordon after this experiment? Does he keep his brain? The brain "dies" in three months...does the rat die?

No, no. I do not like what this does.

One article I read said they harvested the brain of a rat fetus for tissue, and it's not a an entire, living brain that controls it, it's more like a cluster of neurons.

Though I presume the rat died after the procedure.

Unless they made Dolly a cyborg and then
I would probably piss myself in excitement.

It's possible they've used some cloned mice for this experiment. If not, they should. Just because it's wicked.

It's possible they've used some cloned mice for this experiment. If not, they should. Just because it's wicked.

I really think they should try it out on another Dolly.

Especially if they're using cloned mice.
I feel like cloned animals that have been tweaked
to not feel would be great for animal test subjects.
Except this isn't really realistic and brings up a lot
of objectionably moral scientific activities, procedures,
experiments, what have you.

They've made glowing fish and spidergoats, and there is that disease that causes a person to have no feeling so it seems plausible. Why the hell not.

I would like to glow.
I would sacrifice my body as a test experiment for that.
No more running from the law enforcement, though.

Reactions: Wyote
http://en.vidivodo.com/188787/first-cyborg-of-the-world

This really creeps me out. Not because of the whole machines taking over thing, but what kind of existence is that? Without food or sex, what makes this brain want to get up in the morning? To me it seems like being trapped in a nightmare, no way to do anything other than (and I know I am anthropomorphizing) run around in circles screaming.

Edit: That title was supposed to read "Worlds first cyborg" obviously. :m192:

Awesome/creepy. I love whoever added that soundtrack to the clip, just increased the creepiness factor tenfold XD

This is quite intriguing, but will bring upon many ethical implications in the future.
I am interested to follow where this is going.

I have been thinking about the scene in the matrix where the older council member meets Neo in the basement and talks about the machines that keep their city alive. I think we are cyborgs now.

Reactions: flower and Wyote