world cup | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

world cup

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf
old edition:
Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win. - Gary Lineker, 1990
new edition:
Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win, with 4 goals. :D
(vs Australia 4-0, vs England 4-1, vs Argentina 4-0)

If Germany makes it to the finals, they'll have more final appearances in their history than Brazil. I'm not a big fan of the German football, but you gotta give it to them for their consistent effort throughout the decades.

Last edited:
Germany won as i expected!!

I am sorry Maradona, I feel bad too. But I am also pleased with how the Germans played.

Oh well, one of them had to leave

now, GERMANY FOR THE CUP!!

WOOT WOOT!!

I'm rooting for Germany. They play best :) Spain were okay, but there match las tnight wasn't that great (holy smokes, I actually watched some football!)

the Netherlands will win the cup!

best moment was seeing Holland beat Brazil, worst moment was seeing Englands equaliser against Germany (which was over a foot over the line!) not given.

I love the fifa world cup, it's so entertaining. I watch the games screaming every time there is a goal.
though there was a whole lot of mistakes by the referees in various matches.

Brazil, Argentina, France, Italy and England are all out already, I think it's time for a new country to shine in this world cup.
It might be Germany if Netherlands don't beat them. The Netherlands never lost a game in this world cup.

the Netherlands will win the cup!
Historically they are long overdue for the world cup, but I'm not fully convinced their current team deserves it. It's possible, of course, lots of the recent world/eu cups went to probably not the strongest teams at the time.

Let's see how Germany plays vs Spain. If they demonstrate another football fest, I'd say they are the favorite. Holland struggled a little bit to avoid the draw in the last minutes vs Uruguay. They only have wins, but their play is a bit shaky.

By the way, congrats to Spain - their first semi-final in 60 years. I'd say their recent national success is (finally!) the culmination of over two decades very dominant club football. The Spanish kids who grew up with the Barca / Real heavy foreigner-based rivalry in the 90's are now in their prime to compete for their country. So the Spaniards come as the EU champs, and tomorrow we'll see a repeat of the Euro'08 final. It would be fun if Germany takes revenge this time, and then The Netherlands take revenge for 1974.

Last edited:
Congrats to Netherlands.

If Germany wins against spain tmrw, which I hope they do, we are going to have ourselves a very very interesting 2010 Fifa World Cup final my dear friends.

and. I . Can't. Wait!!!! :D

Ahhhh darng the psychic octopus.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJYv5rul11M"]YouTube- Oracle Paul 'Psychic' Octopus puts Spain, not Germany to WC final[/ame]

SUSHIIIIIIIII

Woah, the octopus was right! :eek: Don't make it into sushi - it's too awesome!

3b4ee816f75fd879d30ce7f.gif

XD Awww, so mean!

I want that octopus.

And now, the finals -- it's both of my languages paired up in a to-the-death battle! Let's see which is superior!