WikiLeaks | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

WikiLeaks

Sarah Palin is one of the most dense people I've ever had the misfortune of seeing in a political campaign. I just....urgh.....no words...just....

your opinion of her has nothing to do with the fact that her privacy was invaded

Last I heard, she thought that America was allied with North Korea.

not entirely sure this one is true

not entirely sure this one is true

I heard the interview. She literally said "of course we'll be backing our allies in North Korea".

Poor Southern Korea. :(

I heard the interview. She literally said "of course we'll be backing our allies in North Korea".

She should of gone for a career that is more suited to her abilities.....like.....a bag packer....hell if she really tried hard....I don't think flipping burgers at mcdonalds is too far out of reach.

It is infinitely more likely that saying North as opposed to south was a slip of the tongue

It is infinitely more likely that saying North as opposed to south was a slip of the tongue

...I wouldn't say infinitely more likely, she is very, very dense.

It is infinitely more likely that saying North as opposed to south was a slip of the tongue.

Maybe, but shouldn't you be careful of what you say as a high profile politician in public? They actually hire people to train them to avoid this. And she should've known it was going come up.

Maybe, but shouldn't you be careful of what you say as a high profile politician in public? They actually hire people to train them to avoid this. And she should've known it was going come up.

Every one makes mistakes, even famous people(especially famous people). I can't possibly see reason to judge her on that, that would just be a dick thing to do.

edit:

I like this thread, what is about again?

Every one makes mistakes, even famous people(especially famous people). I can't possibly see reason to judge her on that, that would just be a dick thing to do.

edit:

I like this thread, what is about again?

We're not just judging her on that, she has made many mistakes similar to the one above....she just isn't that bright, I'm pretty sure John Mccain regretted choosing her I mean sure she helped initially but once she gave a few speeches I'm pretty sure Obama began to wonder if she was on his staff or not.

I suppose we should return to the original topic.

We're not just judging her on that, she has made many mistakes similar to the one above....she just isn't that bright, I'm pretty sure John Mccain regretted choosing her I mean sure she helped initially but once she gave a few speeches I'm pretty sure Obama began to wonder if she was on his staff or not.

I suppose we should return to the original topic.

Can't be worse then our vice president, "I would rather run with McCain the Barack Obama " and them "I'm proud to run with future president Obama"

where is Biden anyway, I've been hearing rumors that Obama has him locked in a closet in the White House.

He doesn't catch half the flack Palin does, it's just media spinning things overboard.

doesn't everyone?

hmm is it only me that has a dirty mind then?

Well I did see it, but I thought I'd spare INFJf from my views on the subject.

Reactions: Kgal
According to the military analysts I've read wikileaks is having zero effect on the ground because military operations are not static. Flexibility and mobility are the doctrines of war since the mid 1930s, and by now those have been near perfected. By the time something is published, the information is outdated and worthless. The only information that could be of harm to the peoples whose lives are actually at stake would have to be transmitted in real time and be received the same.

What it does have an effect on is the so called "war at home", and the political reality that is being projected to the populace by the media. Wheter wikileaks is good or wikileaks is bad, morally right or wrong, ultimately it doesn't matter, because for better or for worse, wikileaks is here, and it's going to be the future of journalism in the information age. If not this site then some other will pop up like it. Or 12. Or 2000. People provide the data, journalists provide analysis and coverage. Benjamin Franklins' statement needs to be modified. 3 people can keep a secret if 2 of them are dead, and none of them ever have access to the web.

Looking back at the role journalism has played in nations with free press, how exposure has caused change in the past, personally, I see that good can come of this. That people can come closer to perceiving the reality that is rather than the one that is make belief. Where debates over what should be done in Afghanistan show themselves to be beside the point because nothing that can be done will do any of the things it is intended to do and the question one should ask is not what, but why, and if anything should be done at all.

Also, just by the by, wikileaks is a site marked as VERBOTEN in Germany. People have gone to jail just for linking to a site in a commentary blog that itself had links, one of those being to wikileaks.. We were also a hair-width away from passing a law that would have allowed the search and seizure of property of anyone who visited the website. Anyone offering counter arguments on the forum of the parliament when this law was about to be passed, a website for the people which is there for debate on issues had their posts deleted. Fun stuff.

Reactions: muir
I believe in the privacy of the individual so in principle I am against the idea of people hacking into other people

So what is your opinion this organization and the people who run it? Do you think it is a good or a bad thing?

I think they are doing a good job and the public has a right to know what's going on. Claims that it puts at risk certain people are full of bullshit because:
- it shows that governments are doing a lousy job at protecting sensitive information. The leak is completely their own fault - not of wikileaks.
- If wikileaks managed to get their hands on this info then secret services of other nations and certain organizations must have had access to it even before.
- if you're a good leader then you have nothing to hide. So stop hiding in the bushes.

It's the governments who should be afraid of their people.

Reactions: muir
This orginazation has been all over the news this year, and has popped up once again. For those of you who don't know, WikLeaks is an orgnization dedicated to collecting classified government (mostly relating to the military) documents and then releasing them (unchanged) to the public as well as major media outlets. The controversy surrounding this is that many of these documents are obtained illegally through hacking, as well as these documents are still classified and or are forever private.

So what is your opinion this organization and the people who run it? Do you think it is a good or a bad thing?

Personally, I think this organization needs to be shut up, shut down, and those who run it, be put on trial for defying international law. I will elaborate later on my thoughts though, it's too late and I am tired. In their defense though, not everything they have leaked has been bad.

I think they're doing what must be done;

Last I knew, in a democracy, for intelligent decisions to be made, one needs to be informed. If one is not informed, one cannot be expected to make informed decisions.

Oh yea, we aren't a democracy... But apparently we think the rest of the world should be...

I am not a fan of censorship by government agencies.

Last I knew, in a democracy, for intelligent decisions to be made, one needs to be informed. If one is not informed, one cannot be expected to make informed decisions.

Oh yea, we aren't a democracy... But apparently we think the rest of the world should be...

I am not a fan of censorship by government agencies.

*nod* ... I can understand NOT leaking current troop movements; but when a government scrambles this hard to conceal stuff, then something is wrong and whistleblowers must be protected.

*nod* ... I can understand NOT leaking current troop movements; but when a government scrambles this hard to conceal stuff, then something is wrong and whistleblowers must be protected.

Intelligence of live wartime strategies, yea that makes sense to limit.

I haven't actually paid any attention to the site so I am not really informed in what I am saying.

I am just being a grumpy and cynical old man, I like how it fits.