Why? | INFJ Forum

Why?

Why shouldn't they?

It gives people reason and motivation in this world. It works for some, but not everyone.

I ask the impossible question: "What is real?" And am stuck not knowing whether to follow my own code, risking a life of wastedness if a certain theology is true..

or to follow a certain theology to the T in my life, be wrong, and then live a life in which I omit things that do not fit that I would have enjoyed..

I am on the fence.

I find myself quite comfortable in my religious convictions and beliefs...and feelings.

It's the safest place to be
I've been told it's cowardly...or lazy... even intellectually dishonest.. but how can that be when I refuse to form a decision and set path on an idea that I have to rely on faith in order for it to be real????

I've been told it's cowardly...or lazy... even intellectually dishonest.. but how can that be when I refuse to form a decision and set path on an idea that I have to rely on faith in order for it to be real????

How can it be lazy or cowardly?

Take Christianity for example. If one follows Christianity the way it is supposed to be, they follow a tough moral road and do so much for others (in theory at least, in practice the Church has become fat and lazy)

And cowardly? how so? Ever heard of a martyr? I rest my case.

How can it be lazy or cowardly?

Take Christianity for example. If one follows Christianity the way it is supposed to be, they follow a tough moral road and do so much for others (in theory at least, in practice the Church has become fat and lazy)

And cowardly? how so? Ever heard of a martyr? I rest my case.
You misunderstand.
I was talking about fence-sitting. Pretty much the opposite of a martyr's position.. I am not a Christian and I am not an atheist. I hesitate to say I am agnostic, because somewhere--I have this crazy idea in mind that I should know.

I have been called cowardly for not owning up to being a Christian or an atheist...

You misunderstand.
I was talking about fence-sitting. Pretty much the opposite of a martyr's position.. I am not a Christian and I am not an atheist. I hesitate to say I am agnostic, because somewhere--I have this crazy idea in mind that I should know.

I have been called cowardly for not owning up to being a Christian or an atheist...

As long as you are content on being you, you're religious views should not important to anyone else.

You misunderstand.

Ahh, yes.

Fence sitting isn't cowardly per se, you are seeking the truth.

It is the die hard atheists who won't even listen to an argument in the other way who are cowardly.

They fear the possibility of the existence of a God who will judge them so they hide behind their science.

I love high level physics where their thinking starts to break down...

Ahh, yes.

Fence sitting isn't cowardly per se, you are seeking the truth.

It is the die hard atheists who won't even listen to an argument in the other way who are cowardly.

They fear the possibility of the existence of a God who will judge them so they hide behind their science.

I love high level physics where their thinking starts to break down...

True.

What I have noticed with crazed-atheists (the ones that freak if you even say the word god) is that they have a horrible grandosity complex about themselves. As you said, it is just a protection mechanism to hide. They have created a false sense of sureness about one thing in their lives, and that have blinded themselves from seeing anything else. Underneath it all, there is alot of uncertianty revolving around that they are refusing to deal with. I don't want to sound mean, but these are "weak" people. You can see this when you meet then, and see what happnes to them later in life.

True.

What I have noticed with crazed-atheists (the ones that freak if you even say the word god) is that they have a horrible grandosity complex about themselves. As you said, it is just a protection mechanism to hide. They have created a false sense of sureness about one thing in their lives, and that have blinded themselves from seeing anything else. Underneath it all, there is alot of uncertianty revolving around that they are refusing to deal with. I don't want to sound mean, but these are "weak" people. You can see this when you meet then, and see what happnes to them later in life.
It's also the same for die-hard, my way or the highway, religious people.

Extremes from both sides exist and piss me off equally as much.
Everything in moderation

It's also the same for die-hard, my way or the highway, religious people.

Extremes from both sides exist and piss me off equally as much.
Everything in moderation

What is interesting though, is the die hard relgious are much more diffucalt to "crack", or suddenly realise what they see is a fraud that they have created themselves. I think it is because they have backing from others that reinforce what they believe. Also, religion invokes some really powerful emotional responses, which will further reinforce it.