Why Would An INTP Stare Into An INFJ's Eyes? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Why Would An INTP Stare Into An INFJ's Eyes?

You never claimed it as a possibility. you stated it as fact

This is not to say that your significant others aren't really analyzing you, I don't know them, I wasn't there, and I can't read the thoughts of other INTPs.

You never claimed it as a possibility. you stated it as fact

Oh... I did? well maybe what I posted reads that way in some other language. Not in English though.

when you admit it, I'll gladly like back

You're brilliant, I'm sure you can figure it out

You're brilliant, I'm sure you can figure it out
1. I'm not brilliant 2. I can't administer blood-alcohol tests through the computer although i'm stabbing the needle into my screen as hard as I can right now. 3. You still haven't started making sense yet which leads me to believe you realized you were wrong immediately and now are just babbling to run out the clock. I asked you to explain, you can't. I showed you that I wasn't certain about my statement, it apparently didn't matter. We're at the point now where I hope your drunk because if you're sober this is depressing.

I
I uh,... I don't want to ruin your fun but as an INTP I can tell you there have been many times when I've looked at someone in the same room as me because I was in fact thinking about them... for a moment... but then my brain starts spinning off into other directions whilst my head is still oriented the same way (because A- I'm unawares that I am still part of reality and B- even if I knew, turning my head would require energy and removing 0.001% of energy from working on what i'm mulling over would be very annoying). I'm usually snapped back to reality by someone saying something as even eye contact doesn't rouse me from thinking about who the first person to eat turtle soup must have been and how it came about.

This is not to say that your significant others aren't really analyzing you, I don't know them, I wasn't there, and I can't read the thoughts of other INTPs.

But that kind of misunderstanding repeated can produce in the minds of many "ohhh... he's analyzing my soulll" whilst i'm thinking "But does it qualify as soup if over their caveman fire they're just pouring water into the shell? I mean is that stock? doesn't it need leeks or something to truly qualify as soup..."
and so on...

I never said he was reading my soul. I clearly stated he said he was doing 'Nothing' I said that's how I felt. Quit
I uh,... I don't want to ruin your fun but as an INTP I can tell you there have been many times when I've looked at someone in the same room as me because I was in fact thinking about them... for a moment... but then my brain starts spinning off into other directions whilst my head is still oriented the same way (because A- I'm unawares that I am still part of reality and B- even if I knew, turning my head would require energy and removing 0.001% of energy from working on what i'm mulling over would be very annoying). I'm usually snapped back to reality by someone saying something as even eye contact doesn't rouse me from thinking about who the first person to eat turtle soup must have been and how it came about.

But that kind of misunderstanding repeated can produce in the minds of many "ohhh... he's analyzing my soulll" whilst i'm thinking "But does it qualify as soup if over their caveman fire they're just pouring water into the shell? I mean is that stock? doesn't it need leeks or something to truly qualify as soup..."
and so on...
spoken like a true INTP! I clearly stated he said he saw NOTHING. I said it felt like he was looking into my soul and I found it to be bonding!

If people can't read between the lines, they don't deserve my time, or respect. you've taken up enough of mine. If you want this to be over, stop quoting me

I

I never said he was reading my soul. I clearly stated he said he was doing 'Nothing' I said that's how I felt. Quit

spoken like a true INTP! I clearly stated he said he saw NOTHING. I said it felt like he was looking into my soul and I found it to be bonding!
I can argue the point that you're misrepresenting what I wrote but you know what? If it came off like I was trying to say something about you and him that was not my intention and i'm sorry. I know nothing about you two, just trying to explain a particular part of my perspective.

If people can't read between the lines, they don't deserve my time, or respect. you've taken up enough of mine. If you want this to be over, stop quoting me
But what you're doing can't be resolved by reading between the lines,

if you said to me "nice house, be a shame if it burns down" I can read between the lines
but what you're saying is more like "oh you're so smart you know what's going to happen to your house"
I mean... no I don't know because you haven't told me. these are just like four words sentences with no elaboration whatsoever.
I'm trying very hard to understand you and you're frustrating me a little.

I can argue the point that you're misrepresenting what I wrote but you know what? If it came off like I was trying to say something about you and him that was not my intention and i'm sorry. I know nothing about you two, just trying to explain a particular part of my perspective.
Maybe I wasn't clear; it made sense to me. What I was trying to allude to is that INFJs try to read into what doesn't exits from an INTPs point of view. What he was experiencing was different than me, he was just looking, I was just feeling. It shows our beautiful dichotomies. Either way, he does it a lot :)

Maybe I wasn't clear; it made sense to me. What I was trying to allude to is that INFJs try to read into what doesn't exits from an INTPs point of view. What he was experiencing was different than me, he was just looking, I was just feeling. It shows our beautiful dichotomies. Either way, he does it a lot :)
I think this thread is increasingly becoming evidence that some things exist to INFJs and not INTPs lol.
sorry for any misunderstanding.

LMAO okay okay, sure. if you want the win that bad, take it, and remember that just because something is above your comprehension, doesn't make it nonexistent. Sorry for overestimating you

well then. that fit in oddly well

LMAO okay okay, sure. if you want the win that bad, take it, and remember that just because something is above your comprehension, doesn't make it nonexistent. Sorry for overestimating you
I don't feel like I won anything, don't know who I was supposed to admit what to or why, don't know why my explanations clarifying my previous post didn't count. Don't know why I came off like I was trying to "win" this "argument". I especially don't know why you don't just come out and tell me. I mean if this is an argument and you were trying to win it, it would be helpful if I even knew what we were talking about.
What would be the consequences for telling me?
Why wouldn't that be possible?
What was your point even to begin with?

did I call it an argument? I believe those were your words.
Consequence? It would give you the expectation that I'll explain more for you that you don't understand.
Why wouldn't what be possible?
My point is hidden miles under irony, hidden from common reason, and diced by a wood chipper