Why the Hatred Towards Scientology? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why the Hatred Towards Scientology?

So corruption is exclusive to Scientology?

Come on, now.

I did never say that. I see corruption in lots of institutions of politics and religion these days. Scientology is an extreme case of brainwashing and money extortion. It is just more obvious.

Reactions: Sandie33
635864784175103437-ThinkstockPhotos-489686796.jpg

A wolf in sheep's clothing trying to eat a lion.

Ha ha ha. No. Contrary to popular belief there are things that [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] and I agree on. Hes simply wrong about the things we dont...

Reactions: Reason
Because of its history of physical and psychological abuse. Because they ex communicate you from your family if they dont believe. Because they literally steal incredible amounts of money fron you. This is why.

There's been such terrible tragedies to come out from Scientology, sure. People denied psychiatric help when they clearly needed it. Families broken up due to disconnection.

... But how about all of the people killed in the name of the three world religions? What about all of the families torn up due to conversions to new religions? The people killed in exorcisms?
I think a lot of it comes from Scientology being both young and... shallow for a lack of better word.

You can list out all the bad things that have been caused by the different Christian churches throughout history, and then you can go down the long list of good that has come out of the different churches as well. Good or bad it'd be a long list. Scientology doesn't have that, what it has is a twenty four hour news feed and a twitter account to report on anything that seems remotely suspect.

Now that I'm writing this, I think Scientology is less like Christianity and more like Apple.
probably, lol.
It's a privately oriented mystery religion that withholds its tenets (tenets that are essentially worthless and merely represent tiers of a pyramid scheme) behind a paywall rather than a freely accessible public institution.
Nope, now it sounds more like EA
Attacking Scientology is misplaced anger unless it has directly affected you and perhaps a misuse of time
Fuck that, criticize everything. Maybe not all the time, but certainly regardless of subject.

Reactions: Tin Man
Scientology is quite rightly hated and ridiculed, because it is a dogshit preposterous scam cooked up by a half-assed science fiction writer / professional con artist and later popularized by an intelligent, charismatic and utterly diabolical charlatan.

Most religions contain at least some elements in their doctrine that resonate on some level, as an intellectual or moralistic exercise if nothing else.

Scientology doctrine reads like poorly conceived absurdist nonsense, because that's what it is.

The fact that people continue to fall for this scam, freely handing their hard earned wealth over to an organization that exists for the sole purpose of collecting (and sometimes extorting) money from suckers, undermines a lot of my faith in humanity.

Last edited: