Why do you live? What for? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Why do you live? What for?

I'll live as long as I can maintain a convulsed sense of wonder, I can off myself when I outgrow it.

I don't think we need a reason, but I would say, my reason is to learn...to experience. Unfortunately, I've learned that suffering and pain provide you the most experience, not necessarily happiness.

I don't think we need a reason, but I would say, my reason is to learn...to experience. Unfortunately, I've learned that suffering and pain provide you the most experience, not necessarily happiness.

This makes happiness all the more sweet a victory, no?

This makes happiness all the more sweet a victory, no?

To me, happiness is merely the pause button on a game. It delivers relief from the constant struggle in life. I'm not saying I don't like being happy, but it is very fleeting and therefore not a very realistic reason to live...at least for me that is.

To me, happiness is merely the pause button on a game. It delivers relief from the constant struggle in life. I'm not saying I don't like being happy, but it is very fleeting and therefore not a very realistic reason to live...at least for me that is.

Want to fight about it?

I don't.

What about love? I tie happiness in with love (I believe love brings happiness [for me]) and love can be quite long lasting. I don't live for brief moments of happiness but for the hope of love.

What about love? I tie happiness in with love (I believe love brings happiness [for me]) and love can be quite long lasting. I don't live for brief moments of happiness but for the hope of love.

Good for you, love is a noble ideal to strive for.

I continue to live for my heart. It wants to love, to be happy, and to inspire.

I live for the ripples - to be in them and, hopefully, create a few myself.
To my mind, there is no awesome, earth-shaking truth that will change everything for all time; in fact, I believe such a thing would be more dangerous than blind ignorance: arrogance has few restraints and loves to exercise an iron will. But I digress. Life is an experience-within-experiences, quietly lurking behind misty mountains of limitation and savage oceans of infinite expression - slowly creating an evergreen forest of organisms slowly learning to intertwine.

At the moment, I live - I think, I am still undecided - to create. Spaces of momentum, places where others may leap forward into their own to leave checkerboards for our future kith; Delves into (personal) cognition to understand the nature of the dynamic mechanics I find myself in; Resonances with other things, living or non, to gather a kind of emotional and mental kinetic energy - once done accumulating and in motion, it can only get stronger and reinforce the above Creations.

Hopefully. In the meantime, I have this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jtc4dF721g&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Porcupine Tree - Lazarus‬‏[/ame]

(Apologies for a few awkward sentence structures, I'm playing around with my English)

Last edited:
Because one of these days yelp will finally reveal a place that makes decent creole food in California.

[MENTION=2635]Melkor[/MENTION]

[youtube]Hs0HELcUYUY[/youtube]

Many things inspire us to live - curiosity, making something happen, love, friendship, art, helping others, humor, analysis, contemplation, discovery, adventure - but I find it most healthy to keep some small physical pleasures. Unimportant in the grand scheme, just important for you. From what I've seen, people who enjoyed life always kept such little hedonisms along the path.

Currently, I enjoy very much the sun. My skin never responded well to sun baths since I was a kid, so I did not exercise this activity enough in the past. To discover how pleasant it is, if used properly, makes me feel so strong and in the right place. We currently live in a world where so little of us fits naturally with what surrounds us. It's good to find the missing links to the things that we are supposed to fit with.

Another thing I enjoy is gymnastics, like home climbing. It's a funny routine to climb from one door to another and jump around. Makes the monkey in me happy and alive. I wish our surroundings were designed so that we can use climbing and jumping a lot more, every day. If at some point I design and build a house for me, I'll definitely add such elements within it.

I feel empty.

Sorry there isn't a better thread for it, but I just felt like writing in somewhere.

I live because things could get much worse and it has more than once. I'm not under constant attack, I'm not starving and I'm not homeless. Death comes when I want it, which is the day I give up trying. Lack of meaning is no reason to not bother, I came to that decision at 15. I live so I can show all the scum that have held me down, who's in charge.

Recently I've been living for my dreams, for a cig and a cold beer after a work day, a full-night sleep on weekends, virtual social life. . Mostly I am driven by dreams, things that I want to be a part of. I try to work very hard to become closer with those dreams. But so far my life is pretty pathetic.

the pursuit of happiness is fun. life is exhilarating, all the things you can do. it's what you make it.

most of the things i do are geared toward making me feel good. i exercise intensely, i eat very well, i forcefully make my self think positive, i rationalize things for the better, etc.

emptiness is only temporary. you will find something. something will come up and you will find happiness-- or you wont. fuck it. you live and you die; you might as well enjoy the ride. :)

I've thought about this so often, and all I could really come up with is just so I can see what the future holds.

I live to create proper systems, to fine-tune the existing ones. In one group I was criticized of "always thinking about solutions". Bill Clinton once mentioned in a talk that without systems, everything becomes a gorilla struggle. And that systems make the relationship predictable between results and the effort exerted.

That is one of the great things of life. To find out what to live for. It may be hard, but you have to find it for yourself, because not everyones is the same. Are you just going to sit there? Or are you actually going to have an impact on mankind's future?
All up to you. I work out, but not for most reasons most meat heads do. They do it for chicks, money, fame, etc etc. I do it because it is a challenge, because it is a productive way of extorting your anger and other strong emotions to fine tune your body. Sure, it's cool to have a nice body, but that's just a side dish from the main meal. In my mind, it's sort of a "master your body, then master the world" type of attitude, because let's face it, having a big body intimidates (most) people.

I was a fat little turd when I was younger, and then one day, I thought to myself, "What do I have to live for? Pop tarts?" So I started to work out. Now I have a well built body. That ALONE is proof enough that you can do it, (whatever your goal in life is.) Obviously, that was not my goal, just a brick on the road of the story of my life. So go forth, and do what it takes to fulfill your dream. Something you've always wanted to do. Something that, when you die, you can say, "You know what? I lived a damn good life." This is your story. And yours alone. I wish you luck.

I feel empty.

Sorry there isn't a better thread for it, but I just felt like writing in somewhere.

Please watch this -

[video=youtube;m72iWC-0UpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72iWC-0UpU[/video]