Why do you live? What for? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Why do you live? What for?

I have certainly asked this question on many a night. For a time I believed there was nothing that ultimately mattered in the world as it was all just particles and would turn to dust. Now I suppose as cheesy as this sounds faith keeps me going. Faith that ideals like love, truth and justice are eternal and are worth fighting for. I kind of believe that everyone who lives believes in something even if its just physical pleasure, if someone really believed in nothing they would not get up in the morning. Discovering what you believe in and what lies in the depth of your soul can take a lifetime and is a painful path, but of the ones we have its the best.

I have to see what happens. I want to die, but I can't bear to hurt my loved ones. I fear that in leaving Earth prematurely I will never know peace, only torment. In suicide, I will never know love, only selfishness. I love you Melkor. You bring me joy. I hope you choose to stay. Snoochie boochies...

I just do.

HELL I DONT NEED NO REASON I JUST NEED A TOOTHBRUSH A BOTTLE OF A JACK AND A GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE MIC JAGGER.

and the clock of life swings on

tik-tok

(don't stop... :) )

Reactions: Jill Hives
(hit the clock, dj turn the music up)

I live to simply live.

I

I once lived for love, twice for the well-being of others, and the effect nearly killed me.
Mere musings.

I live for love too :) love for others and it's killing me slowly :) :) so it wouldn't hurt if I say I also live for myself :)

I love dancing and that's sort of the only thing that's keeping me from wanting to be alive. I swore to myself that I would never stop until I can be the best I can be and one day, I'm going to be better than the people who never believed in me :)

I know I have something to prove to myself. I have to know my life's worth and my purpose. Curiosity also keeps me up. What would happen to my life and stuff like that. I'm young so... I guess life has a lot more to offer.

I like learning a lot of things. I LOVE learning and the more I live, the more I realize that I know nothing. There's just so much things I have to learn.

Also, I don't like losing. If I take my own life, I feel like a loser. I want to fight and fight. I love pain and pleasure :) I feel a lot of pain in living my life. I feel unloved, unwanted and a piece of shit that no one wants. Yes I do feel sorry for myself but it won't end there. I won't let it end there. I don't love myself and I don't want to die until I learn to love myself.

I hate and love life. It's actually addicting. I feel too much pain that when there are small things that make me happy, I grab it so hard. It's like grabbing sand really... I realized I can never grab happiness. It comes and goes and I have to live with pain.

There's always too much pain in my life and sometimes, I feel like a fool. I feel like a piece of toy. I feel played by life. I feel stupid because I always grab small opportunities that make me happy and end up being sad but always hoping... always hoping for happiness because I know I wasn't made to be happy.

I have a lot of times when I'm so down... soooooo down and locked that when I see light, I get blinded by it. I feel so much suffering and what's hard... what's hard is that life was never kind to me. I have to be strong even if I'm not built to be that way. When I feel like breaking down, I have to suck it up because no one cares. I'm alone in this life and if I have to suck everything up and survive, I'll do it because deep down, I know I'm worth it. I have a purpose.

I gather myself up and face the world with all my smiles... but I know that deep down, And while I live, a part of me slowly starts to crumble and break into pieces. I try hard to put the pieces of myself back together. But it's no use. That's where I get my strength. Isn't it ironic?

I'm getting strength while corrupting myself. The more I live, the more scars I have. Scars that can never heal through time.

There are times when I want to end my life and give up but I ask myself.... what's this for? what's all the pain I'm experiencing for? I just know that it's not for nothing.

I've been through a lot of things and I'm not giving up now.

When the sun rises, it rises for everyone.
-Cuban Proverb

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=307nK0WDkhA"]YouTube - Final Fantasy VI: Grand Finale Music - The Phantom Forest[/ame]

I live in the hopes of incrementally improving mankind such that it may survive itself ~and~ be worthy of reaching the stars and outliving the universe itself. I also enjoy playing the occasional rpg/builder game on the side.

I live because life is amazing and I'm monumentally glad to be here.

I live because life is amazing and I'm monumentally glad to be here.

I'm glad someone does; in my experience, people are so accustomed to having to cheat one another to get ahead in life that I can't quite share your enthusiasm for the species. So I bide my time trying to be better than that even if it costs me something in the meantime (i.e., getting nickel-n-dime'd to death from every angle without doing it back.)

To learn what happens after death; until I'm resigned to death through age or luck.

The simplest answer is that I live for myself.
A few years ago, I was going through a period of deep depression. At the time, if someone had told me it would get better, I wouldn't have believed them. It was the empty pointlessness of it all that was dragging me down. But after fighting for months and months, somehow I began to pull through. Eventually, when I could look back, I realized that I was the one person who saved myself. I found this inner strength that I had know idea I had. And I realized how deeply I cared for that person who woke up every day not wanting to live anymore - me.
This is what helped me begin to learn to love and depend on myself, and I believe that is the number one most important thing someone can do in life. I am not a spiritual person, and all I really believe in is the physical world around us. In the end, the only person you can ever truly know or depend on is yourself, and in turn, that affects your experience of the world around you.
If nothing else, live for yourself... it took me years to build up the relationship I have with myself, and I am still working on it, and I have my whole life to work on it, because I owe myself that. We all owe ourselves that.

I came to the conclusions in life is what I live for is love, the affection, the pulling force of two magnets towards each other. Without it I am no more than a withering plant. I relearn to be by myself after every single "plane crush" of my passed relationships but with every time the pieces are becoming harder to gather. Everything else, education, career are just tools of finding the force that would sustain me for the rest of my years, the force to inspire me for great things. I also realized that such force is found in the unexpected places and due to a cosmic chance and I can try and try to get to the top but yet there are no guarantees that such force will be truly found. If you know what I mean.

Last edited:
For the experience.....

To love and to hate
To be hurt and to heal
To do wrong and to be sorry
To learn and to grow
To fall down and to get back up
To get pushed and to push back
To feel, to be happy and sad
To laugh and to cry
To know when to fight and when to accept
To be suprised and to be disappointed
To gain a new friend/love
To lose someone cherished
To make mistakes and to accomplish something great

.... This is how we know we are truly alive.

Whatever it is that comes my way, I have learned it is an experience either way. Jump in, hold on and enjoy the ride.

Hm.. why do I live...

Good question.

/suicide

edit: Nevermind.

I live because for now I have hope to find happiness. I know, it's a rather selfish thing to live for. And perhaps it all is meaningless in the end. Butttttttt! I figure so long as I'm here I might as well get something out of life. If I can find love (bringing myself and [hopefully] another happiness), I can say I have more than sufficient reason to live through not only the road blocks I face but future challenges to come. Life doesn't last forever so why not ride it out until it ends? Death could very well be eternity.. and an eternity of nothingness sounds rather boring so why not endure the hardships of life? Personally, I quite prefer pain to nonexistence.

Last edited:
ah. . my life long question. .
I used to think it ws to contribvute something to the world . .but I dont know what. like I had some purpose.
then it was to "help people". . and how well is that working for me? not so hot
then it was to love my current object of undying love
so I find that as I get older my answers get smaller in scope and less about the world. .
at the moment, I really have no idea why I am here. . I just am. .

The hope that my hopes and dreams might be realized. That's like holding on by a string for me though. Honestly, I don't know that I really have a good reason. Part of me thinks I'm just here.

To make a difference in someone's life. Help them achieve goals. Nothing is more fulfilling to me.

-Anna

Reactions: insontis