Why do so many Christians feel so compelled to persecute and attack other Christians who don't agree | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why do so many Christians feel so compelled to persecute and attack other Christians who don't agree

I don't see how attacking others beliefs to be beneficial unless they are in danger or being used for evil reasons. I find it hard to see how many members of religions can claim to be what they are when they act against the purpose of religion. IMHO, religion should be about bringing people together, not tearing them apart.

I don't see how attacking others beliefs to be beneficial unless they are in danger or being used for evil reasons. I find it hard to see how many members of religions can claim to be what they are when they act against the purpose of religion. IMHO, religion should be about bringing people together, not tearing them apart.

In my experience, that's the whole justification for attacking the "wrong" ideas. People want security, and they don't feel secure when someone else believes something different. So they figure out how it's evil, then it's magically okay to attack it. :(

In the words of a friend, the divides that seperate us is in our mind before it is seen.

In my experience, that's the whole justification for attacking the "wrong" ideas. People want security, and they don't feel secure when someone else believes something different. So they figure out how it's evil, then it's magically okay to attack it. :(

While I cannot claim that my system of beliefs is 'correct' or without flaw, I think that many would agree that hate, discrimination, prejudice, rape, murder, theft, (the list goes on) are crimes that are evil. I don't think that you need to figure out that these things are evil, but you may need to be taught that they are (I'm not sure about the moral/ethics debate with regard to human development). The idea that these things is not evil is wrong; it has everything to do with protecting people from each other, and to be able to live in peace.

I agree with you though Milon, there are many people who do what you have said. And some of the things that they do to attack other ideas (and the people who believe them) are wrong. But I believe that evil comes from a person's thoughts, actions, and what they say (there may be others, I have to think about it some more). I think the 'magic' here is to develop a strong ethical/moral system of beliefs that protects everyone, and to resist doing what is evil.

Usually Christian A thinks that they are a part of the purest form of Christianity and feels that by persecuting Christian B they are somehow keeping Christianity pure and also are keeping Christian B from the fires of hell.

Yeah, it's not much fun being practically isolated because of this.

What is your experience with this? Seems like it has got you down.

Thanks for asking, but....it would take entirely too long to really explain (just like so many other things about my life), and I just don't really care to anyways....

i don't and im christian
theres alot of hpe around christianity and religion, and at times it kinda feels like everyones losing the plot and forgeting wha we belive in and it becomes more of a lebel.
thats why i follow the bible and my heart and block out all other shit-onece iv analysed it of course!!

but i understant where your comming from man!

Reactions: polybius
People are.
People disagree.
People speak.
People act.
Words and actions differ.
It can quickly lead to years ago in a minute.

Reactions: Sandie33
From what I've seen, the majority of people that claim they are prosecuted by Christians are exaggerating. By Prosecuting they mean they were informed about it. I'm not sure when people starting feeling prosecuted by being told about something they aren't already a part of.

Arguing amongst themselves, or debating is also not considered prosecuting, I will also add, someone's parents berating their kids is not prosecution nor an attack. They are just doing what they think is best, be it indoctrination or whatever you want to call it, that's up to their discretion.

Geez, threads don't expire on this forum.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, the majority of people that claim they are prosecuted by Christians are exaggerating. By Prosecuting they mean they were informed about it. I'm not sure when people starting feeling prosecuted by being told about something they aren't already a part of.

Arguing amongst themselves, or debating is also not considered prosecuting, I will also add, someone's parents berating their kids is not prosecution nor an attack. They are just doing what they think is best, be it indoctrination or whatever you want to call it, that's up to their discretion.

Geez, threads don't expire on this forum.

Apparently not, Think of Christianity as a cookie cutter and Christians as dough... Apply cookie cutter, Christianity has a long history of cutting out those that don't belong... This is why I've studied multiple religions and extrapolated meanings to the Bible and FEEL that I've corrected those holes that popped up in the Bible and Christianity in general...

If anyone feels the can rationally explain Genesis 32:22-32 (Jacob wrestles God/angel/man) I could take a crack at it with proofs... Feel free to PM me...

Apparently not, Think of Christianity as a cookie cutter and Christians as dough... Apply cookie cutter, Christianity has a long history of cutting out those that don't belong... This is why I've studied multiple religions and extrapolated meanings to the Bible and FEEL that I've corrected those holes that popped up in the Bible and Christianity in general...

If anyone feels the can rationally explain Genesis 32:22-32 (Jacob wrestles God/angel/man) I could take a crack at it with proofs... Feel free to PM me...

Christians are not supposed to cut people out. The cookie cutter mold analogy doesn't apply to the fundamental Christian principles, only to people's wrong interpretation of it. When Jesus was on earth he made a point of hanging out with the Gentiles and showed love and respect for them.

Those christians who attack have little to no faith in what they believe so they dissect what you believe to convince themselves that they believe it. They need you to not believe so they can believe. They need you more than you need them in the end. Religion is a trap it's best to run away.

Reactions: hn&#Gu
Tl;dr
Christianity went from a religion to a relationship when Christ died on the cross. The trouble comes in when people are still trying to live out a dead religion.

————————————————————

Short story long...
They’ve lost sight of what’s important and are still trying to live under the old law.

After we receive the free gift of salvation we are no longer slaves to sin, and we are no longer bound to the old law.

“So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ.” ~ Romans 7:4

After salvation, we go from inward focused (what must I do to be good enough) to outward focused (how can I love people in a way that shows them they don’t have to be good enough because Christ is).

The problem is, it can be easy for most of us to get so caught up in that old, dead religion that we forget that now we only have one job. Love people the way God loves us.