Why do so many Christians feel so compelled to persecute and attack other Christians who don't agree | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why do so many Christians feel so compelled to persecute and attack other Christians who don't agree

Building off what Nemo has said, Group A and Group B are at odds with one another because they believe different things, even if only slightly different. One thing I've noticed among Christian culture - there's a very strong tendancy to state this is the way things are about a given topic. They're looking for security. Rather than face the unknown and try to find out who God really is, they cling to the cookie-cutter beliefs that were given to them by their leaders. I realize that's a bit blunt and harsh, but that's my perception of the issue, and I have the advantage of understanding Christianity from the inside. That's why they persecute any dissent - dissent destabilizes the consensus that everyone else has achieved. It's difficult to be okay with not knowing everything, to admit there are holes in our knowledge. It's much easier to intimidate and attack one who would point out such gaps.

Reactions: Nemo
I think it has to do with the fact they may not know what they are talking about. So the defensiveness kicks in and they look for ways to get payback. I always thought and believed that to be a christian you must act like one. People that can argue effectively don't have to raise their voice or resort to violence because they have the voice of truth speaking for them. Religion is fine people are corrupt...And corrupted...

Last edited:
I think it has to do with the fact they may not know what they are talking about. So the defensiveness kicks in and they look for ways to get payback. I always and believed that to be a christian you must act like one. People that can argue effectively don't have to raise their voice of resort to violence because they have the voice of truth speaking for them. Religion is fine people are corrupt...And corrupted...
Some people can be corrupt.

They can also believe in something so much that believing in that one thing becomes everything to them. Which in the end clouds their judgment....

I don't like when pople generalize. I am Christian, but I don't attack people (but I 'll always tell what I think if they ask me) and I don't go around telling others what they should do. I belive that may faith helps me to understand and accept people better. You see, there are at least 16 types (sound familiar???:)) of belivers (and nonbelivers). We are not same, you can't say: all Chatolics are that and that...etc.
And yes - nobody (from humans) is perfect!

Good post, Milon.

You see, there are at least 16 types (sound familiar???:)) of belivers (and nonbelivers).

Is that the spirituality personality type system you're referring to?

Good post, Milon.

Is that the spirituality personality type system you're referring to?

No (I dont' know what is that:)), I just think that, for example, INTJ are probably different kind of beliver than ESTJ or ISFP or INFJ... It is logical, isn't it?

No (I dont' know what is that:)), I just think that, for example, INTJ are probably different kind of beliver than ESTJ or ISFP or INFJ... It is logical, isn't it?

Yeah that's sort of what I was talking about. Apparently there's a spirituality type indicator which tells you how you how you pray best, read the bible best, etc in relation to your personality type.

I don't like when pople generalize. I am Christian, but I don't attack people (but I 'll always tell what I think if they ask me) and I don't go around telling others what they should do...
I want to clarify that I wasn't attempting to attack anyone. I'm a Christian myself, but I've seen disconcerting tendencies within Christianity that I wanted to point out.

Yeah that's sort of what I was talking about. Apparently there's a spirituality type indicator which tells you how you how you pray best, read the bible best, etc in relation to your personality type.
I've heard of "spiritual personalities" before and I'm very interested in the concept. Do you have more info?

I want to clarify that I wasn't attempting to attack anyone. I'm a Christian myself, but I've seen disconcerting tendencies within Christianity that I wanted to point out.
I know that it wasn't attack:)

I've heard of "spiritual personalities" before and I'm very interested in the concept. Do you have more info?

I'm sorry, I don't at the moment. I was told about it recently by a minister at my church. I'm going to look around on the internet for info and if I find any I'll let you know.

Dads got a book about Spiritual Personalities... It's MBTI, and how each type worships and interacts.

I think that's the book she told me about. Do you know what it's called?

Someone has to put the dog into dogma!

Someone needs to take the enmity out of people toward Christianity.

If, just me, you were suggesting I have enmity toward Christianity: Firstly, I like dogs. I'm also Christian and have a warped sense of humour. Heh! :whip:

All I can say is, if you're not one of them, don't go to their meetings. Join up with other free thinkers and find the support that you need.
I don't. And yeah, that would be nice, except there aren't really any around where I live.

Someone has to put the dog into dogma!

I'll get onto it as soon as I finish putting the fun back into fungal infection.