Why do people believe conspiracy theories? | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Why do people believe conspiracy theories?

So I'm just wrong. No reason for it, it's just that I'm wrong. Well ok, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I've already posted a lot of evidence in the vaccine thread...i'm not going to re-post it here in this thread

I'm going to give you some advice....soon these things i'm talking about here are going to be common knowledge and you are going to have to switch sides or end up looking like a fool or a government schill....so you might as well switch now. You've got a decent brain on you and you might as well put it to some good use instead of covering for the governments crimes

I am grateful that conspiracy theorists promote so many different conspiracy theories that they discredit themselves for all of them.

Pick one and try it

No you can't argue that vaccines are safe

I think you should perhaps speak to some parents who believe that their child has been affected by vaccines and see what they have to say

You could begin with the following documentary that has testimonies from parents, doctors and scientists:

[video=youtube;fVwLo3lmKyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVwLo3lmKyo[/video]

A parent would be extremely biased. Just because they are determined that they have the answer that they refuse to listen to reason doesn't mean they are right. Run the numbers muir instead of basing your ideas on conjecture, and you will see the truth instead of your truth.

A parent would be extremely biased. Just because they are determined that they have the answer that they refuse to listen to reason doesn't mean they are right. Run the numbers muir instead of basing your ideas on conjecture, and you will see the truth instead of your truth.

You don't have the 'numbers'

I find it very interesting how you just write-off all the human experience as if it has no validity and instead say to listen to some 'numbers' instead (without even saying what these 'numbers' are)

It tells me a lot

Also you've changed your MBTI...you're now claiming to be an INFJ but you said you were something else before; what's that about numbers man?

I want you to use your much flaunted powers of 'logic' here

I'm gonna lay down some really simple facts for you and you can then use your infallible logic...so here we go....

1. The flouride that is put in the water supply is a toxic substance
Correction. Toxic at high concentrations
2. The flouride that is put in the water supply is an industrial by-product
3. The lobby groups of big business in washington hold massive sway over the politicians there to such an extent that people now say that US politics is completely dominated by money
Ok, just because you say it doesn't make it true. However I must admit that it is at least partially swayed in such a way. That is enough for the effect you describe. Here you can describe opportunity. That is not enough.
4. The government argument for dumping a toxic industrial by-product into our water is that it is good for our teeth
And that its cheap, easy to apply, safe, and effective (I'm not clear on the effectiveness, so I will not make this claim personally, I only am saying that many people do claim it to be effective. That is in debate).
5. Now bare in mind that big soft drink corporations like coca cola are members of the powerful CFR and that soft drinks are said to be damaging to peoples teeth and that they also contain aspartame (which says on its patent that it is the excretions of genetically modified organisms) and yet there is no real drive to prevent the use of soft drinks which would help peoples teeth but yet the government claims to care about peoples teeth; soft drink vending machine are even allowed in schools!
I don't think the government could ban something that is a proprietary claim in that way. Yes it degrades teeth, but the risk is known to the people. It is the peoples responsibility to drink it or not. However, the government can make an add on to the water that can help. Especially if it's so very cheap.
6. The government has colluded with the banks behind the fed to create a ponzi scheme economy on the verge of collapse leaving many americans jobless, homeless and dependent on food banks, whislt pursuing tax policies that favour the rich at the expense of the poor and yet the government is claiming to care about your teeth....the rich of course don't drink the tap water...they drink spring water
You do know that fluoride occurs naturally, including in spring water because of the natural filtration of limestone. Some bottled waters of fluoride, some do not. Depends on if the source naturally has fluoride and if there is fluoride added.
7. this means that the US government is using the water supply as a way to medicate the entire population without the people able to make an independent, informed decision about matters not to mention not being given a vote on it which raises ethical concerns as well as questions over the nature of 'democracy'
People can buy filters to eliminate fluoride from their drinking water. They have a choice. The information is available. I read on somewhere that it is not dissimilar to the way that regulations require helmets on bikers or seat belts in cars. Something about when the risk is nonexistent or minimal, and it improves public health/safety, then the government can legally make such a change. Fluoride falls in those requirements. And there is nothing unethical considering how easy and cheap fluoride filters are.

And you are trying to tell me that it is ok for them to do this?

Look, if you want to through a fuss over something this minimal, you can. To me, I have no worry. You should be so lucky to worry about this. You don't have to worry about parasites, bacteria, or other far more toxic substances. You get clear water. A lot of naturally occurring water has fluoride in it anyways, and the human race isn't dead yet. It's not a problem. Technically, people have lived with fluoridated water for a very long time.

I am grateful that conspiracy theorists promote so many different conspiracy theories that they discredit themselves for all of them.
Ikr? If you know a lot of things, you must obviously be stupid.

Correction. Toxic at high concentrations
Ok, just because you say it doesn't make it true. However I must admit that it is at least partially swayed in such a way. That is enough for the effect you describe. Here you can describe opportunity. That is not enough.
And that its cheap, easy to apply, safe, and effective (I'm not clear on the effectiveness, so I will not make this claim personally, I only am saying that many people do claim it to be effective. That is in debate).
I don't think the government could ban something that is a proprietary claim in that way. Yes it degrades teeth, but the risk is known to the people. It is the peoples responsibility to drink it or not. However, the government can make an add on to the water that can help. Especially if it's so very cheap.
You do know that fluoride occurs naturally, including in spring water because of the natural filtration of limestone. Some bottled waters of fluoride, some do not. Depends on if the source naturally has fluoride and if there is fluoride added.
People can buy filters to eliminate fluoride from their drinking water. They have a choice. The information is available. I read on somewhere that it is not dissimilar to the way that regulations require helmets on bikers or seat belts in cars. Something about when the risk is nonexistent or minimal, and it improves public health/safety, then the government can legally make such a change. Fluoride falls in those requirements. And there is nothing unethical considering how easy and cheap fluoride filters are.

Look, if you want to through a fuss over something this minimal, you can. To me, I have no worry. You should be so lucky to worry about this. You don't have to worry about parasites, bacteria, or other far more toxic substances. You get clear water. A lot of naturally occurring water has fluoride in it anyways, and the human race isn't dead yet. It's not a problem. Technically, people have lived with fluoridated water for a very long time.

Flouride only works on your teeth if you apply it topically, if you ingest it it makes your teeth look jacked up. If you put it in the water supply and give that water to a baby you are basically an asshole.

why should you have to pay to not have something in the water that wasn't going to be there anyway? Just make the people who want flouride buy it.

Reactions: muir

I find it very interesting how you just write-off all the human experience as if it has no validity and instead say to listen to some 'numbers' instead (without even saying what these 'numbers' are)

It tells me a lot

Also you've changed your MBTI...you're now claiming to be an INFJ but you said you were something else before; what's that about numbers man?

Seriously? You tried this tactic already with the article before. I thought I proved to you then that I have sources for my information. If you want numbers, you'll have them.
an influenza vaccine for infants can come in both thermisol present and thermisol free forms, so first of all, a parent can opt for a thermisol free vaccine. Concentractions are 12.5 mcg. for an infant of 10 pounds, it's approximately 400 ml of blood (high side). Now, 12.5 mcg in 400 ml of blood is equal to a concentration of 0.03125 ppm. That's an extremely low concentration. 1 mcg is one millionth of a gram, and 1 gram is about a fifth of a teaspoon.

Last edited:

It tells me a lot

And what experience might you be referring too? Yours? You haven't exactly proved yourself a reliable source. If you mean a mothers experience who blames vaccines, the average person doesn't have a clue how a vaccine even works, let alone what's in it. If a child developed autism at the same time as a vaccine, that does not mean its the cause.

And no, I have not changed my MBTI. I've always tested as INFJ, and I have always listed myself as such.

Flouride only works on your teeth if you apply it topically, if you ingest it it makes your teeth look jacked up. If you put it in the water supply and give that water to a baby you are basically an asshole.

why should you have to pay to not have something in the water that wasn't going to be there anyway? Just make the people who want flouride buy it.

Arguable. Conflicting evidence on this point, to many conspiracy theorists screaming its toxic for me to find reliable articles. And I'm tired.
The filters for fluoride as filter other stuff like arsenic. A person can also buy fluoride supplements. It's supposedly generally helpful, basically no risk, and easy to remove if desired.

1. The flouride that is put in the water supply is a toxic substance

Drinking seawater is toxic, so I guess salting your food is a government plot to kill its citizens. Much logic. So smart.

You heard it here first folks. 'Ingest' your candies so as not to get it on your teeth and avoid cavities. Fucking brilliant!

[video=youtube;Qr2bSL5VQgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2bSL5VQgM[/video]

Drinking seawater is toxic, so I guess salting your food is a government plot to kill its citizens. Much logic. So smart.

You heard it here first folks. 'Ingest' your candies so as not to get it on your teeth and avoid cavities. Fucking brilliant!

Wow ur a 4 real scientist!

His comment might have been rough, but his analogy is very reasonable. That is very similar to what conspiracy theorists seem to think. Just because it's toxic at certain concentrations doesn't mean it's always toxic. Abd to conclude it's a government conspiracy to kill people is unreasonable considering how people aren't even dying

Did I hurt ur widdle fweewings?

Maybe if you made a reasonable argument without calling people assholes, I could treat you with some modicum of respect.

How exactly does ingesting fluoride 'jack up' one's teeth by the way?

Maybe if you made a reasonable argument without calling people assholes, I could treat you with some modicum of respect.

Well, you see... when you digest fluoride it interacts with chemicals released through chemtrails and vaccinations to render your pineal gland's reception to the spirit dimensions weak. This causes you to dream less and have grainier low resolution dreams which increases your dependency on media. And that's where they get you. Your dependency on media causes you to be exposed to more advertising and product placement for artificial food products that contain processed sugars... that rot your teeth. I mean, duh.

No you didn't but I see you are holding a grudge because I must have called you an asshole one day. Im sure someday youll be able to get over it. In the meantime just learn to do a google search.

His comment might have been rough, but his analogy is very reasonable. That is very similar to what conspiracy theorists seem to think. Just because it's toxic at certain concentrations doesn't mean it's always toxic. Abd to conclude it's a government conspiracy to kill people is unreasonable considering how people aren't even dying

His question does make sense and its tje same question I had when I was watching a debate on the subject for my city's own water supply. The answer they gave was reasonable and there was research to back it up. I dont have a link to give you but im know there's plenty of info out there if you want to look it up.

No you didn't but I see you are holding a grudge because I must have called you an asshole one day. Im sure someday youll be able to get over it. In the meantime just learn to do a google search.

No, you see, I AM an asshole. I have no problem being called an asshole or acting like an asshole. What I do take issue with is you unnecessarily calling other people assholes to make your point.

Act like an adult and I will treat you like one.

No, you see, I AM an asshole. I have no problem being called an asshole or acting like an asshole. What I do take issue with is you unnecessarily calling other people assholes to make your point.

Act like an adult and I will treat you like one.

See we can agree!