Why can't we just all love each other | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why can't we just all love each other

[o_q];222822 said:
And losers of a race have lost because the winners didn't let them win. Truth
What's the point of this? How does it relate to a grammatical correct?

Those are all good sentiments except for the fact that INFJs can be some of the most utterly judgemental MBTI group that I know of.

I am the posterchild for this.

As nice as it would be for everyone to get along, it's simply not going to happen. Personally, in my ideal world, everyone would just leave everyone else to their own business. There would still be love and friendship, of course, but there is no way in hell I'm going to like everyone. People (yes, even INFJs) annoy me way too much.

Reactions: WellNoWonder
Because without conflict like would be boring and I'd kill myself.

Everyone wants me to live so their are wars in my honor.

[o_q];222844 said:
What is a grammatical correct?

Why should we?

HUH?

False.

Some people are just better at things than others.
All humans are NOT created equal.
We should be equal ethically, morally and politically, but even that fails.
We're certainly not equals when it comes to abilities.
Life is cruel that way.

HUH?

False.

Some people are just better at things than others.
All humans are NOT created equal.
We should be equal ethically, morally and politically, but even that fails.
We're certainly not equals when it comes to abilities.
Life is cruel that way.
I was quoting Mr Monocle from an earlier one of his posts. I wasn't being serious in the least bit.

I agree that we're not all equals when it comes to abilities, and some people are naturally more abled than others in some aspects.

I agree that life is cruel in that way, but we also have the ability (seeing as we're conscious about it) to make life more fair, and embrace different abilities as such. We're all different, but we're also all human. It's something we share, and something we should embrace. If we embrace our differences, rather than just accept that some are better than others, we might make progress in creating a more level playing field.

I was quoting Mr Monocle from an earlier one of his posts. I wasn't being serious in the least bit.

I agree that we're not all equals when it comes to abilities, and some people are naturally more abled than others in some aspects.

I agree that life is cruel in that way, but we also have the ability (seeing as we're conscious about it) to make life more fair, and embrace different abilities as such. We're all different, but we're also all human. It's something we share, and something we should embrace. If we embrace our differences, rather than just accept that some are better than others, we might make progress in creating a more level playing field.
Although I find this both admirable and amicable.
It's this very mentality that is creating the world of clones we are now witnessing.
No longer are the exceptional rewarded for being exceptional, But rather standards are lowered so people don't feel bad.
This does not allow for the greatness of people to come to the forefront.
This destroys critical thinking, This destroys creativity, This destroys innovation.

If I am not tall anough,fast enough, strong enough or talented enough and someone still gives me my cookie anyway, where is my incentive to grow and adapt. How are my innovation and creativity being challenged??

Although I find this both admirable and amicable.
It's this very mentality that is creating the world of clones we are now witnessing.
No longer are the exceptional rewarded for being exceptional, But rather standards are lowered so people don't feel bad.
This does not allow for the greatness of people to come to the forefront.
This destroys critical thinking, This destroys creativity, This destroys innovation.

If I am not tall anough,fast enough, strong enough or talented enough and someone still gives me my cookie anyway, where is my incentive to grow and adapt. How are my innovation and creativity being challenged??
I agree that a world like that would be a bad thing. I'm not trying to say that everyone should get an equal share of the pie, or that everyone should have their chicken-scratch drawings be called masterpieces. There always will be better runners, and better artists.

What I am trying to advocate however, is that every single person has special abilities, but at times these abilities can be disregarded as pointless or moot. For example, a kid that is extremely social in school. They might not be the fastest runner, best math student, or prodigy musician, even though that's what they're taught is important.

These kids bring in a social kindness that isn't always given room to grow. They're good at making connections with people, and networking. Perhaps they are good problem solvers in personal conflicts? The average school doesn't give them room to grow these abilities, and often times overtly-social behavior can be frowned upon (granted it also can be disruptive). However, if these children had opportunities to strengthen their given abilities, they might turn out to be amazing counselor/interventionalists.

My point is that everyone has different natural abilities, but some people's are 'more important' than others. What I'm advocating is embracing all of the abilities for what they are, not making everyone the next Michael Jordan.

Reactions: INFJesus
I agree that a world like that would be a bad thing. I'm not trying to say that everyone should get an equal share of the pie, or that everyone should have their chicken-scratch drawings be called masterpieces. There always will be better runners, and better artists.

What I am trying to advocate however, is that every single person has special abilities, but at times these abilities can be disregarded as pointless or moot. For example, a kid that is extremely social in school. They might not be the fastest runner, best math student, or prodigy musician, even though that's what they're taught is important.

These kids bring in a social kindness that isn't always given room to grow. They're good at making connections with people, and networking. Perhaps they are good problem solvers in personal conflicts? The average school doesn't give them room to grow these abilities, and often times overtly-social behavior can be frowned upon (granted it also can be disruptive). However, if these children had opportunities to strengthen their given abilities, they might turn out to be amazing counselor/interventionalists.

My point is that everyone has different natural abilities, but some people's are 'more important' than others. What I'm advocating is embracing all of the abilities for what they are, not making everyone the next Michael Jordan.
I agree totally.. Social skills are not considered as highly as they should be. It's how so many decent people end up in therapy with low self esteems and such.

I will just mention they tried that In Russia.

Reactions: bamf
[o_q];222718 said:
Why are their starving people? Is it because we don't feed them?

There is certainly no simple explanation. I am pretty sure it wasn't a question box they checked when being born.

[o_q];222822 said:

Win vs Loss is subjective, I am disappointed. Some people don't exist to "win." Some people have no interest in races.

There is certainly no simple explanation. I am pretty sure it wasn't a question box they checked when being born.

Win vs Loss is subjective, I am disappointed. Some people don't exist to "win." Some people have no interest in races.
Race you to 10,000 posts!

(sorry...I couldn't help myself)

By the way, I hope that I didn't come across as implying that INFJs are superior or that only INFJs should exist. That'd be boring, and of course each type has their own good and bad...but I was simply saying what if people could have the loving part of [most] INFJs..I don't understand how people are happy if they're just going after their own dreams and stuff, and don't care about any companions T_T

By the way, I hope that I didn't come across as implying that INFJs are superior or that only INFJs should exist. That'd be boring, and of course each type has their own good and bad...but I was simply saying what if people could have the loving part of [most] INFJs..I don't understand how people are happy if they're just going after their own dreams and stuff, and don't care about any companions T_T

But we are superior! They all just don't know it yet :p

And in response to the thread, I agree to a point. World peace sounds great...but the reality would be quite different. If everything was wonderful all the time...would we truly know what love is? Would we know what successs and happiness truly felt like? If it's all you know you take it for granted and it doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary....it's because a part of life. I don't like pain...at all...but I believe it is necessary. Without pain you wouldn't truly appreciate those highs you feel when you are truly happy. And I don't want to permanently feel those highs...I want them to be special :)
This reminds me of a quote that made me smile: "Wisdom is nothing more than healed pain." Like I stated before, I'm not a lover of pain..but if I could go back in time and erase every painful experience I wouldn't take up the offer. It would mean giving up what I know now and being stripped of the strength I have aquired from being a survivor. Also I think life is futile if you have nothing to strive for.

**Forgive any typos...it's past midnight here and I'm trying to get an art portfolio together for my college interview so I'm mega sleepy.**

So very true.

But we really, sincerely do want people to prove us wrong.

It's just we are right so very, very often.
If you guys want to be proven wrong so badly, explain the whole PAX thing to me.

But seriously...why can't we just all love each other?

We can, of course. It's an ingrained ability. It's just that some people find it hard to do so, and then there are some who lack the ability to even do it, which I realize contradicts my second statement, but it's true.

Imagine a world of INFJs. Now that would be world peace right thar.

Mmm. That would be...interestingly boring. I prefer a world that's not exclusive to INFJs thank you. As...nice as that would seem, I think that I would much more likely progress (as a person) in a world where there's a huge variation.

Why do we need to judge each other?

Don't INFJs judge other people as well using their intuition?

A world where we all hold hands singing kumbayah around a camp fire would drive me mad.