Why are infj's "antisocial"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why are infj's "antisocial"?

yes weeeeell...i'll be off then....

alright, semantics aside...Infj's are a very rare type, yea most dont believe that but we are. Our ways are not the ways of anyone else in our lives, we have all floundered and foraged in the face of social anxieties, we go into shadow modes and feel like complete asses...Social situations are hard when you KNOW you are socially awkward. You see clearly how others react to you like you have the strangest opinions to everything.

So maybe thats it...

Fuck the social order, I do what I want and ain't nothin that can stop me.

Reactions: grt$5vb
The word you were looking for is "unsociable".

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Bring it on, bring it on. :m031:

PS I'm a 9th degree black belt who can bench presses 900lbs and can cut bricks with my hands.
I've also got it on a good source that you are, in fact, #1. I can't say I have this confirmed and if pressed this is just hearsay, but I've got this feeling...

Because...

INFJs are picky. <--- Inferior Se.

This is why they...

Socialize with a selected number of people.

In the same way that...

They eat very specific foods, wear specific clothes, study specific subjects, and carefully choose the surroundings they want to engage in.

Ni > Fe > Ti> Se

Reactions: Artsu Tharaz
This does not mean however, that they are anti-social or overly reserved. They will go out of their way to make friends with people they definitely like, and open themselves to them entirely. However, such people are often few and far between, which is why the INFJ might seem reserved. In truth, they just don't think you're worthy enough to make friends with. (One of the biggest weaknesses of Ni-doms that is glossed over in almost all type descriptions.)

Fuck the social order, I do what I want and ain't nothin that can stop me.

What about this guy?

hulk-smash1%5B1%5D.jpg

Or are you him? If you are him I agree. Otherwise I disagree entirely. The hulk stops all..

alright, semantics aside...Infj's are a very rare type, yea most dont believe that but we are. Our ways are not the ways of anyone else in our lives, we have all floundered and foraged in the face of social anxieties, we go into shadow modes and feel like complete asses...Social situations are hard when you KNOW you are socially awkward. You see clearly how others react to you like you have the strangest opinions to everything.

So maybe thats it...

"Rare". Every type is pretty rare considering that no type is over 16% of the population (U.S. stats). Most types are <10%.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Because I listen rather than waiting for a spot to talk.

INFJs are avoidant sometimes because they are highly sensitive to social interaction and often have a good amount of anxiety surrounding it.

Anti-social in psychological terms basically means rude and aggressive, and INFJs generally are too conflict aversive to be this way. Though if you ever do meet an antisocial INFJ, watch out because that means they really feel desperate.

I'm just very selective as to who I allow to know me is all.
Why am I expected to be buddy buddy with everyone in a group?
Why can't I be allowed to just sit back listen, and drink it all in if that's what I want to do without my motives being questioned?

"You're awfully quiet, whats wrong?"

What one thinks of as 'anti-social, I consider self-preservation. :)

Reactions: Saram
The IN part can make our internal world bigger than our external world. The F function just kinda conflicts with everything else. We are pretty craycray if you think about it.

But we are definitely NOT anti-social. I don't think any personality type can be classified as anti-social because we are all human. And humans are social creatures. I know that I can seem stand-offish to people but that is only because i'm shy. Really i'm dying to meet new people and learn from them. I thrive off people and I think we all do... unless you're anti-social.

INFJ's aren't aliens you know... haha

Reactions: Blind Bandit
A lot of what keeps me from really being outgoing and socializing is the thought of "How could this go wrong?" "could someone take what I say or do the wrong way?" "what would happen if it goes wrong?" etc.
When it comes to actually initiating that contact, I've got a high level of anxiety about the possible outcomes and how things could be misconstrued if someone were to mull something over as much as I do.
If we actually get to talking, I can really talk up a storm and feed off of and give back to the energy that comes from the interaction, but getting the ball rolling is the hardest part for me.
This. Even on online.