Whose type are you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Whose type are you?

I'm not sure if there are very many shared characteristics between men who have expressed their attraction for me. What I have noticed though, is that different types become attracted or reveal their attraction at different stages of our acquaintance, but that's probably common sense. It's usually ESFPish types that come by and let me know immediately, and INxJ types that take at least a couple months. The ENxx types slowly, steadly, tactfully up the momentum, which is pretty lolz to think about once I start suspecting them of doing it.

I don't know why, but I always seem to attract men who are shorter than me. I suppose I shouldn't psychoanalyse it, lol. :m052:

If I had to choose, I would say ENFP's. I'm hella racist against all S's and T's. I don't like them and I think we should cleanse the planet of them. A lot of my closest friends have been ENFP's and I've always gravitated towards them, even before I learned about MBTI.

Pleasant girls who have genuine smiles tend to be drawn to me. Not many of those around.
There was a clerk at the gym who was also drawn to me. She was a fairly quiet type.

As for "being drawn" to me as a friend, they're difficult to categorize. Some are intellectual types. Some are Se types.

those who've shown interest in me all seem to share the trait of hating themselves, in reality I'd say that I am no one's type.

I always attract confident guys who have a good sense of humor. Always... Nerds often times, or people who wish they were nerds.

Tall, short, skinny, plump, hairy, beardy, tattooed, no tattoos- the whole shebang. I guess I must be more attractive than I thought, because when I look back, I've had quite a few friends who have had crushes on me- which is weird to think about. This is a good post in that regard, it makes me think about something I've never really thought about before.

And typically they are Intuitives of some sort, I think that Sensors tend to be more wary of me, unless they are artisans, artisans usually love me, although sometimes that love is not mutual. I never attract traditionalists. Not once.

Military guys and nerds.

Reactions: the
An ENFP girl:

She was a relatively quiet character. She openly admired (using plain words) even the way I was sitting in my seat writing something or conversing with a classmate. Perhaps she had an very strong eye for many moments when I was in my communicative/relational zone. She took pains to be seated next to me and to befriend my class friends.

An ENFP guy:

He also took pains to be seated next to me once. It was rather subtle, but it was clear that he had normal seat elsewhere in the class. He was rather clumsy in the way he teased/flirted with me. It came out as if he was mocking the way I was speaking, but afterward, he would quiet himself, noticing that I was taken aback by that form of teasing. But his general communication and posture suggested that he desired a romantic connection.

I usually attract people with a different perspective on life, people who enjoy talking about deep and interesting subjects. For some reason I also attract women who want to fix men. I think they mistake my aloofness for shyness or low self-esteem. When they start to annoy me, I become colder and ignore them altogether which they then take as a sign of vulnerability. I then murder them or wish to anyway.

I usually attract people with a different perspective on life, people who enjoy talking about deep and interesting subjects. For some reason I also attract women who want to fix men. I think they mistake my aloofness for shyness or low self-esteem. When they start to annoy me, I become colder and ignore them altogether which they then take as a sign of vulnerability. I then murder them or wish to anyway.

LOL The INTJ/INFJ relationship can be a beautiful thing! This sounds like a previous relationship of mine with an INTJ fellow years ago. I was the subject of frequent thoughts of murder. That was what worldofwarcraft.com was for!:m060: It can be all too easy to kill a priest when one was a paladin *sigh*

Hmm, this a tough one, I always attract girls who are really introverted and want to ease up and have a "good time" for a night or so. Or I get girls whom are somewhat in between, they are always really easy to read for me but for some reason they can't seem to figure me out so it's like I have the upper hand at all times and have to guide the relationship in the direction I want it to go in. And the last thing is almost every girl that I have had a long term relationship with was good at being an anchor for me, keeping me close but not to close and understanding that it is in my nature to talk to other girls even when in a relationship. The key thing was that flirting and talking isn't cheating, so a certain level of trust had to be given to me.

Thought it would be interesting to ask "whose type are you" instead "who's your type" for a change. :)

I was thinking today that it's maybe easier to say what we want or don't like in someone or what we think fits us but would the answer be the same in reverse?

Sometimes, people have different impressions of us than we have of ourselves.

So, to take the opposite view for a moment, "whose type are you?" This could be who is usually attracted to you or who seems drawn to you, or who seems to think you're the best fit for them.
This is a really cool thread idea!

I am certainly not everyone's cup of tea. People who are drawn to me, tend to be people who want someone "strong" in their lives. In GENERAL, I am a very strong person. Strong willed, resilient, highly independent. A lot of INFx guys seem to find that very attractive.

Mature, usually older than me, with little regard to status. Self aware, humorous, physical, educated and a bit devious.

the men (and women) that have been attracted to me in my life range from casper milquetoasts to intellectual snobs to bad boys.
no one sets out looking for 'my type'.
if they do they're poor masochistic bastards i can tell ya that.

If I had to choose, I would say ENFP's. I'm hella racist against all S's and T's. I don't like them and I think we should cleanse the planet of them. A lot of my closest friends have been ENFP's and I've always gravitated towards them, even before I learned about MBTI.

Reported as hate speech.

Outwardly tough, charismatic ladies who have many feelings inside. Able to take criticism and good at joking around types. Non-bookish; people and street smart. White.

And most gay men.

Nerdy girls who like self-consciousness, sarcasm, and Jesse Eisenberg-esque speech patterns.

The list as far as I've noticed is (very unfortunately) my male friends, my bfs' male friends (after a breakup there's the predictable onslaught of "dinner invites" from the guys' friends...which is icky.), my colleagues, my teachers, bosses, which sucks profoundly.

General types and categories of pepe le pews:

- The debauched older bon vivant looking for their sixth ex-wife (my favourite type!!! But I was never crazy enough to get into that...)
- Struggling young artist dude looking for a muse (I was never a-mused...)
- Established artist who can't afford a vintage convertible but need something that says "I did it my way and by george now I'm successful (notice the blonde????Eh? Eh? Successful!)"
- The stable no-nonsense "I will save you to a life of non-suprising modest domestic propriety, as you have potential for prudent living under all that flakiness" kinda guys
- The wheeler used car dealer alfa man looking for a pretty wife
- Hard knock possible criminal gangster type looking for a wife and possibly a Visa
- The intellectual who was suprised to find that not all pretty flaky girls are stupid.
- Creepy men with female angst issues who are still drawn to what they think is the worst and most offensive kind of a woman=ditzy looking blonde. ...well SUPRISE suckers! Didn't really go like you though it would, now did it? ;D Wrong ditzy blonde. I'm like the Chuck Norris of ditzy blondes. Who's your momma? Whazam!!!! ;D
- Rich kid gone wild
- The guy who is so disorganized and affable that to them even I look like a hard as nails mega alpha bitch ready to save them.
- The misguided spacey poet looking for some Lenore
- The crazy Ne-dom space cadets (They are actually successful in the art of Reverie courtship)
funny-pictures-family-guy-peacock.jpg
- Graphic designers.
- Men who wear obscure band T-shirts and DJ.
- Lawyers.
- Men who have sideburns.
- Men who don't wear shoes and people avoid on the street.
- Any man in a bar near closing time.
- Men with penises, who like all women who have a pulse.

entj, intj, enfj, enfp, and ST women all give me that look like i'm candy; Young girls who like to flirt to impress their friends; Emotionally needy women; People who want someone to listen.

i'm a magnet for crazy! i have an ENFP i flat out TOLD "don't even think about it! you are just not my type!" totally ignore me and try to lay claim to me through manipulation and even flat out lying pretending to be an INTJ, once she found out i was happy "knowing where my peeps are" and trying to sandwich me into her direction with her other "personality" (that was supposedly interested in me) trying to push me into said relationship and even arguing with me there too. MG i just don't get it. how could anyone possibly be attracted to anyone who flat out tells you to your face don't even, you're not my type, & i can only deal with you in small doses see that as a potential relationship?!

i think another gal that wanted my bod was ENFP too. she wanted to rope me into an open bi-sexual marriage and tolerate her obnoxious queen friend i constantly wanted to pummel the lipstick off for their penis hiding insolence.

my PREFFERED type, just by description, is INFJ if their F wasn't 100% averse to logic but realistically, another INTJ might be the only type i could get along with.

i DID get along great with the masochist room mate that had the hots for me as she wasn't a drama starter except when she was trying to talk me into dripping hot wax on her or other repulsive acts.

boring & predictable works for me. a lot of INTJs are dark. i think i might be closer to INxJ as i'm more of a goody goody than a lot of INTJs. the ones that aren't still virgins anyways

it's ironic i seem to run into the same 3 basic types...
- the desperate clingy ones no one else wants that lose their mind and turn fatal attraction when you give them a dose of good lovin'
- the nymphomaniac that wants a relationship, that'll never honor it
- "average" women who mistake your easygoing, social climbing averse, wait until you're sure before you put the moves on nature as being *ick gay* leading to the ever annoying "you're a nice guy, but ___________" form letter