Which MBTI type is God? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Which MBTI type is God?

Things can change so quickly, and we are so small.

I think that most religion's belief in whatever "God" is, is that it is the source of all reality, the center of it and as many believe, the full reality itself - thereby impossible to be encapsulated in any narrow terms such as this.

Interesting question and fun to think through various stories/passages of the Quran, the Torah, the Vedas, the IChing, the New Testament, and even peripheral texts like The Book of the Dead (LOL) - and then talk about however the AUTHOR portraying the "God or gods" of that text was behaving in the MBTI context :m083:.

Last edited:
I hear that Jesus was xNFJ, which would make sense.

As for God, he is the Supreme being, so he is all types at once.

@Ren

“Philosophy, as I have hitherto understood and lived it, is a voluntary quest for even the most detested and notorious sides of existence…Such an experimental philosophy as I live anticipates experimentally even the possibilities of the most fundamental nihilism; but this does not mean that it must halt at a negation, a No, a will to negation. It wants rather to cross over to the opposite of this – to a Dionysian affirmation of the world as it is, without subtraction, exception, or selection…The highest state a philosopher can attain: to stand in a Dionysian relationship to existence – my formula for this is amor fati [love of fate].”
-Nietzsche (Will to Power)

Who else but the the ESFP affirms life and says yes to the world, the ESFP type can easily reach the highest state a philosopher can attain... amor fati.

Dominant Se, Introverted Feeling, Extroverted Thinking, Introverted Intuition...

The ESFP has a lust for life.

"A lust for life keeps us alive."

The ESFP lives their values as does God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
@Ren

“Philosophy, as I have hitherto understood and lived it, is a voluntary quest for even the most detested and notorious sides of existence…Such an experimental philosophy as I live anticipates experimentally even the possibilities of the most fundamental nihilism; but this does not mean that it must halt at a negation, a No, a will to negation. It wants rather to cross over to the opposite of this – to a Dionysian affirmation of the world as it is, without subtraction, exception, or selection…The highest state a philosopher can attain: to stand in a Dionysian relationship to existence – my formula for this is amor fati [love of fate].”
-Nietzsche (Will to Power)

Who else but the the ESFP affirms life and says yes to the world, the ESFP type can easily reach the highest state a philosopher can attain... amor fati.

Dominant Se, Introverted Feeling, Extroverted Thinking, Introverted Intuition...

The ESFP has a lust for life.

"A lust for life keeps us alive."

The ESFP lives their values.

Good to know you've been reading Nietzsche. ;)

I really enjoy that quote, but I'm not sure it describes God, except possibly in a very specific sense, i.e. as the kind of prototype of the Overman.

Regarding the ESFP type: you're right that it fits in many ways, but it also has serious limitations in that regard. The idea of engaging in "a voluntary quest for even the most detested and notorious sides of existence" is an important one for Nietzsche but it is completely anathema to the ESFP and Se-dom in general.

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
Good to know you've been reading Nietzsche. ;)

I really enjoy that quote, but I'm not sure it describes God, except possibly in a very specific sense, i.e. as the kind of prototype of the Overman.

Regarding the ESFP type: you're right that it fits in many ways, but it also has serious limitations in that regard. The idea of engaging in "a voluntary quest for even the most detested and notorious sides of existence" is an important one for Nietzsche but it is completely anathema to the ESFP and Se-dom in general.
I disagree.

Look no further than ESFP Horatio Nelson. The man died with a severed spine and blood-filled lungs. He was wounded several times in combat, losing the sight in one eye in Corsica, most of one arm, and continued to fight until he died in battle.

Why end-up dying like that if ESFPs are so averse to discomfort? I'd imagine they'd rather be the type to embrace discomfort.

Last edited:
I disagree.

Look no further than ESFP Horatio Nelson. The man died with a severed spine and blood-filled lungs. He was wounded several times in combat, losing the sight in one eye in Corsica, most of one arm and continued to fight until he died in battle.

Why end-up dying like that if ESFPs are so averse to discomfort? I'd imagine they'd rather be the type to embrace discomfort.

Faulty generalization fallacy?

:upsidedown:

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
I could see your "average" Se-dom having a problem with the voluntary part of that quest. They'd go :wateven:.

It's like asking a fish to 'choose to swim'.

Horatio Nelson is not the only example of an ESFP embracing the discomforting aspects of life, fully embracing it.

• There's Peter the Great who could've lived in hedonism, instead preferring military skirmishes.
  • There's Benito Mussolini who could've remained a schoolteacher, instead preferring fascistic politics and war.
  • There's Deepak Chopra, who could've remained a medical doctor, instead preferring bullshit.
If there is a type with preferences as conceptually similar to the highest form of life, it is the ESFP.

All
Of
Them
Because
We
Are
All
Made
In
The
Of God
And
He
Is
A
Perfect
Being
... INFj.

All
Of
Them
Because
We
Are
All
Made
In
The
Of God
And
He
Is
A
Perfect
Being
... INFj.

I was in full agreement with you until you said INFj :tonguewink:

Horatio Nelson is not the only example of an ESFP embracing the discomforting aspects of life, fully embracing it.

• There's Peter the Great who could've lived in hedonism, instead preferring military skirmishes.
  • There's Benito Mussolini who could've remained a schoolteacher, instead preferring fascistic politics and war.
  • There's Deepak Chopra, who could've remained a medical doctor, instead preferring bullshit.
If there is a type with preferences as conceptually similar to the highest form of life, it is the ESFP.

Pin, your argument remains a faulty generalization so long as it proceeds from example to generality. It doesn't matter how many examples you use. In any case, keep in mind that you have thus far given four examples (some of them hardly developed) out of a sample of hundred of millions.

Leave the examples aside and put forward a proper demonstration of why the ESFP fits that type rather than, say, an ESTP, ENFJ or ISFP.

ehem ehem

walked on water
turns water into wine
falls in love with a prostitute
kicks the shit out of the traders in the market
comes back from the dead

ESTP all the way

Reactions: Sandie33 and Pin
Seriously though, I could see God as an INFP 9w8.

Or maybe ISFP 9w8 like Zinedine Zidane.

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
Seriously though, I could see God as an INFP 9w8.

Or maybe ISFP 9w8 like Zinedine Zidane.

i always thought Zidane was more like an ISTP, Beckham seems like obvious ESFP

Reactions: Ren