Which MBTI type is God? | INFJ Forum

Which MBTI type is God?

Mary Shelley

Fearless & Powerful
Aug 1, 2013
MBTI
XXXX
I capitalized there for the benefit of the monotheists who prefer the portable name to Jehovah, Yahweh, etc. But really, this thread is for everyone.

Whichever god(s) you feel you know or have read the most about, what personality type would you ascribe to them? Does it vary with the source for you? (e.g., Does God have a different personality type as depicted in the Old Testament vs New Testament?)

Whichever version of the Abrahamic god, probably INTP; wants to get to know his kids better.... by seeing how they react to living in a sack-o-crap world. ^^

Reactions: muir
none - God is not confined to human standards or metrics.

woah.gif

none - God is not confined to human standards or metrics.

I anticipated that someone would have this response, which is why I added the "as depicted by" description. Without a source, the idea so unlimited and vague that people can claim anything, everything, or nothing. The more we narrow down the source, the more it becomes definable in a clearly finite way.

I anticipated that someone would have this response, which is why I added the "as depicted by" description. Without a source, the idea so unlimited and vague that people can claim anything, everything, or nothing. The more we narrow down the source, the more it becomes definable in a clearly finite way.

It also limits responses to chapter-and-verse type enclaves within faiths. The vast majority of Christians not being "sola Scriptura", does it suffice to say source: the Catholic Faith?

Anyhow, MBTI is about cognitive preference, expressed as selection; the preference of God is expressed in everything that exists, including each human subjective cognitive preference. So the preference of God is simply 'whatever actually exists', understanding Him to be the cause of all existence.

In terms of MBTI, one can say that God numerically prefers extroverts, but qualitatively prefers introverts - as introverts tend to be more spiritual.
Numerically INFJs are the most rare, but qualitatively seem to be the most spiritual of all MBTI types.

So you might say that God likes lots of extroverted sensor acquaintances, but a few close introverted intuitive friends; which would seem to qualify God both as perfect extrovert and perfect introvert.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Pff ... easy ... he is my type.
Yours as well!

a TJ, clearly, because he wanted to make a bunch of things and then threw a temper tantrum when they didn't act how he wanted

Reactions: Krypton
All of them and none of them at the same time. Why else would God be so enigmatic?

Think about it. God makes humans, gives them the entire Garden of Eden and everything in it. They disobey him once, he simply kicks them out. I mean he wants humans to have free will, so he kicks them out instead of destroying them right? But then humans cover the earth, he doesn't like what they're doing so he kills almost all of them with a flood. Humans once again repopulate the earth presumably and start getting out of hand again so this time he kills off Jesus who is actually God and the Son of God but he didn't actually kill him because he can't die, sacrificing the innocent to save the wicked whom he wanted to destroy and did destroy already earlier on.

God clearly can't make up its mind and therefore must have an identity crisis.

Reactions: Radiantshadow
Probably istj if he knows what's good for him.

Really??
really-amy-poehler.gif

God is The Absolute!

God is all of the types/none of them since God is everything...

Does that make God perfectly balanced or an indifferent ambivert? Or both? :m083:

God is all of the types/none of them since God is everything...

Does that make God perfectly balanced or an indifferent ambivert? Or both? :m083:

... or all? Or none?