Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Sorry Hos, I don't play for that kind of team
giphy.gif

And yet you kiss men three times on the cheek.

I'll have you know that Keanu is an ISTP, so you'll have to take that back unless you wanna get in trouble with @Wyote, girl.

Oh yeah? I thought he was an INFP legend of some sort. I know nothing about this in detail, though.

Intensity
Degree in which one relies on and or is sensitive to feelings and or emotions. Depth and breadth is fine as a proxy

Messiness
Degree in which one expresses and creates "drama." I do think messiness could be a function of an individual's temperament and maturity; however, I am speculating that preference for cognitive functions influence results

Could probably take Hos' depth/breadth data and index it and combine it with and index of ennegram type prevalence

For example, % of types that end up in more "dramatic" or "expressive" enneagrams like 4 and 7

That'd solve it in my mind for now

I used Enneagram for analysis. This site has the % prevalence of each enneagram type per MBTI type:
https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2016/01/mbti-and-the-enneagram-2/

For example, it will show what % of all INFJs are in each Enneagram type

After looking at the data, it appears that the two highest feeling Enneagram categories are 2 and 4. While these types are the highest "feelings" categories, they show them in different ways. Here are definitions for types 2 and 4 are:

Enneagram 2: The Helper
The Caring, Interpersonal Type:
Generous, Demonstrative, People-Pleasing, and Possessive

Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others

Enneagram 4: The Individualist
The Sensitive, Introspective Type:
Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed, and Temperamental

Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences

From here, I indexed each "feeling" MBTI relative to each other on both dimensions. A value of 1 indicates average, below one is lower than the average in terms of prevalence, and above one is heavily prevalent in that type

Screenshot 1 shows the result

Here are the observations:
--The lowest feeling types are: ESFP, ISFJ, ENFP and ISFP
--The only two types that are below average on both Enneagram 2 and 4 are ISFJ and ENFP
--3/4 lowest feelers are sensors--I'd chalk that up to the sensitivity of N types
--3/4 lowest feelers are perceivers--I'd chalk that up to stubbornness of J types
--50/50 as to whether someone is introverted or extroverted

Since I am agnostic to a feelings preference of 2 or 4, I took the average of the two scores and indexed them relative to the average of all types for a "Intensity Index"

Screenshot 2 shows the result

--ISFP has the lowest average feelings score using both dimensions followed by ESFP, ISFJ
--The lowest three feelers are all sensors
--Only one of top three lowest feelers is below average on both dimensions: ISFJ
--INFJ is literally the average (1.01) when using both dimensions

Next...

I want to come up with a proxy for messiness, and I am still playing with that one

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 1.22.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 1.22.11 AM.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 1.46.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 1.46.26 AM.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I can already tell you with messiness that the top two based on other metrics I've seen that could be proxies for stability, DSM, etc. that ISFJ and ESFP are going to be the top two

Slight edge for ISFJ

Individual basis could be different of course, but on average

Maybe ESFP and ISFJ are the golden pair...

For fun, I did the same analysis on thinkers to see who is the most feel-y

--xNTPs score the highest on a composite index (it's not even close really as both xNTP types are greater than 2x the next closest type)
--ENTP is the most balanced and feel-y of the thinkers
--INTP is the highest scoring on enneagram 4
--ESTP and ESTJ are the highest scoring on enneagram 2
--3/4 highest feel-y thinkers are in the rebel category
--ENTJ is the lowest overall (shocker!)
--3 types score below average on both dimensions: ENTJ, ISTP and INTJ
--3/4 lowest types are TJ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 2.33.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 2.33.33 AM.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 2.40.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 2.40.47 AM.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
"Messiness" is a bit biased and leaning slightly towards offensive regarding type 4 and 7. Not objective description of those types. Enneagran type for is "individualistic" or even "personal" but "messy"? Now type 8 on the other hand... :)

I don't think I'd use type 4 to describe messy. Type 7 could be messy as a proxy to impulsivity was the thought process

Data is possibly the ultimate equalizer

Last edited:
Intensity
Degree in which one relies on and or is sensitive to feelings and or emotions. Depth and breadth is fine as a proxy

Messiness
Degree in which one expresses and creates "drama." I do think messiness could be a function of an individual's temperament and maturity; however, I am speculating that preference for cognitive functions influence results

"Messiness" is a bit biased and leaning slightly towards offensive regarding type 4 and 7. Not objective description of those types. Enneagran type for is "individualistic" or even "personal" but "messy"? Now type 8 on the other hand... :)

Yes, I'm really sorry but I think, Cleveland, you might get more out of this personally if you achieve to find a neutral (ironically no "feely"-connotated) term for messiness (drama is too) and a sterile definition for what it is that is behind what you are seeking.

Also some side notes to play around with or just leave them be:
- Enneagram heart-centers (2,3,4)
- Enneagram underlining feeling base: anger (8,9,1), shame (2,3,4,) and fear (5,6,7)
- the search for "feelers" as a clear reference to MBTI, try to reduce to Fi/Fe in dom or aux
- the differentiation of Fi and Fe at work from a viewpoint of a T-dom, I would love to suggest to try doing that from an F viewpoint or swap around and do Ti/Te from a feeling standpoint and combine..

Fe at dom can be quite intense as pointed out before, because it is shared openly and can become too much in quantity and in quality/focus of an argument.
Yet Fi can be subtle yet intense, because it's not necessarily shared but arguments can become very irritating to a T because it is colored with F. (..which is the same when you talk to a T with strong unaware bias..)

I'm learning alot here how T can also be at work when you cannot stick naturally to numbers. It's really intriguing! Thank you.

Would write more but gotta go. Have a good day!