Where the hell do you get energy from? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Where the hell do you get energy from?

Hey, thanks so much!! I must admit it took a couple of deep breaths (and two glasses of wine - LOL) to write all that, but I feel I am amongst friends.

I know,mostly it's stuff about myself really (are we all so self-absorbed?), BUT I don't know Lorkan very much, so this will have to suffice, Also, you may be the only people out there that ARE actually like me. Weird but wonderful. Ah, the feeling, not you fellow INFJs (!)

S.

I don't think we're as self-absorbed as some other types; it's not a bad thing to talk about yourself, especially because a lot of us simply don't do that with a lot of other people (I rarely talk about myself outside, but I don't mind so much here)....if it helps for you, it might help for us, so it's really enlightening to hear other peoples' experiences, especially if they deal with life in a similar fashion

^ I agree, and I don't think the post was self absorbed at all, it was just suggestions from a personal perspective.

Apologies for reviving such an old thread, but I keep noticing that everyone is saying "I felt that way once" - did no one ever run into this multiple times? Or am I just the odd duck out here? At the risk of sounding like I need medical help, I've been in the whole depressive/unmotived thing anywhere from a half hour to almost two months straight. I wonder if this has anything to do with me being INFJ in a very unhappy employment situation...

I've been up and down many, many times in the past three years, and then a few times before that. It's almost becoming confusing...

But, one can learn from hard times. I think I have a greater sense of self because of it...

Mmm, sleeeeeep. Thanks to college, I now value my sleepy sleepy time.

Too much sleep just makes me worse I think. I work up early today (well earlier than usual ok :m080:) and feel pretty damn good. When I'm happy I have all the energy in the world. I could bottle it and sell it for millions.

Having an actual change of scenery is often a good refresher for me, instead of just pretending I am somewhere else like I usually do.

Crazy.

I am willing to loan out some of my extra energy.

99% of the time I feel like I've got... hmm... what is the right metaphor here... I feel like I've got a nuclear reactor strapped to my back, flying at .99% the speed of light.

I struggle to find ways to spend that energy.

Which leads me to a new business proposal. I am not going to start selling shares of my energy. In exchange for you helping me figure out how to express my emotional state from one moment to the next.

I offer up the same thing as Hugh.
You guys can totally take bits of my ADHD and, in return, you give me some stronger emotions.

Deal!?

DEAL.

Oh, btw, you just sold the INFJs about a fifth of your soul without realizing it.

I'll take shares in both hughnibley and PsilocinProject's energy!

When can I expect to start receiving it?

I feel this way quite often actually, especially when I am alone. In other words not around people. They and their company keep my sanity in balance because I become distracted and busy from malignant thinking. Hence, as soon as I get by myself I feel like this.

Sometimes however I can drag this mentality with me into my surroundings, in which I sort of zone out into my own world and don't acknowledge much. I hear blabla and stare into nothingness with nothing and everything on my mind sort of.