Where do you think you'll go after you die? + Rant you can read or ignore | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Where do you think you'll go after you die? + Rant you can read or ignore

Reading some of the replies in this thread and found them depressing which I partly why I've steadily been losing faith in humanity but anyway I hope to leave this world so to say being done with it when the time comes around to kick the bucket. Modern people are boring and deeply depressing.

Reading some of the replies in this thread and found them depressing which I partly why I've steadily been losing faith in humanity but anyway I hope to leave this world so to say being done with it when the time comes around to kick the bucket. Modern people are boring and deeply depressing.

What's an exciting person?

Everyone, I'm tearing up right now. :<3:

Just reading James’ wisdomatic and beautiful post made my heart drop... :disrelieved:

Sometimes I really do wish we know the answer to what really happens once we pass on. I hope wherever James is, he is happy and at peace.

How come modern people, and the replies in this thread, are depressing to you?

Modern people are boring and deeply depressing.

My two cents: modern people are neither more interesting nor more boring than premodern people.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a coffee with Heraclitus.

A Christian student visited my dormitory recently, and he asked us: If you die an hour later, where do you think you'll go?

Brought up by a Catholic family, I somehow just knew that my people believed that if people die, they are sent to stay in the purgatory to wait for 49 days to see if their families and loved ones would pray for them so that they can go to heaven. It sounds fishy and I know there are terms and conditions that may apply. I have tons of questions but eh I couldn't be bothered much because other humans like to twist words and there are so many versions of it too. I could read the Bible which I have been trying to for years but maybe I'll do it next year.

Anyway, yes I told him: Probably the purgatory, if God is real and what my Catholic people told me is real. Or probably- my soul, or consciousness, or whatever energy I'm left as, will evaporate from my body and just dissolve into nothing. Or I can stay and be a cool ghost who spies on everyone. I honestly prefer the latter.

He seemed a teeny wee bit appalled, and ignored my answers continuing to ask answers from everyone else with greater enthusiasm. I got a bit salty.

Ultimately he said: If you're unsure where you'll go as soon as you die then you're in trouble. Bla bla bla. You don't need to be nice, the Bible says John 3:16 *quotes it*. As long as you believe in Him, you'll go to heaven and have an eternal life. What part says here that people have to pray for you for 49 days so that you can go to heaven? What part says here that you can stay along and be a ghost? Read the verse, READ IT. See how the sentences are structured. NOW, IF YOU DIE AN HOUR LATER, WHERE WILL YOU END UP IN? *while looking at me*

Everyone else: Heaven.

And ends with giving everyone a tiny pack of cheap chocolate waffles. Not that I don't like all Christans. If ever, their speeches and preaches make more sense than any other religion or cults lol, but you don't gain respect from people by ridiculing what other people said just so you can make your case a little bit more impactful. Of course no one, not even me can say anything about this human being rude because he's the guy over there, who has control over the entire setting, has read all of the Bible. Then there's me on the cornermost.. corner, only knowing a few verses! Once arguments like this come to happen, he who reads the Bible more always wins because it always comes down on who can pull out the right verses to justify himself. Like a Yu-gi-oh game if you guys are familiar with that, except you know what card would you draw out from your deck next.

I don't hate anyone, maybe that guy a little bit but that's it. I've always been a salty player who picks up on people's hostile words/actions easily. I'm sure though, that every listener on that room, without any doubt, felt a bit uncomfy with how he acted towards me.

I looked at everyone as the guy kept muttering stuff ridiculing me. No one stood up for me.. it makes me sad. I'm the oddball among all the girls in the dorm, but I'm also the one who makes the most contribution, like tutoring everyone and making their art projects for them, fixing their computers and even lending them cash. I help all of them on a daily basis and no one remembers how nice I've been to them enough to defend me from this.. This hostile human.

So yeah that's it, people are jerks. I'm going to move to Pluto. Good luck getting rid of those impurities on your computer's biches. Jk ily all, but I won't help you guys anymore since you don't help me at all.

Rant over.

Actually I just wanted to ask you guys the question on the thread title, I think I got a bit carried away xD Thank you for reading, if you read it all the way down here.
If he was a "true Christian" and practiced what he preached, he wouldn't be ridiculing you. I find that most Christians and Catholics are just hypocrits who think they're better than others. "You can act bad all you want but all you have to do is call yourself an elitist title and you'll be good to go." "You can save the world and cure cancer, but if you don't claim yourself as an elitist cult you're going to be punished after you die."

Bullshit. This is why I'm not religious. They end up pushing people away with their hypocricy.

The 'dump' of neurotransmitters that apparently happens in certain cases of death has been intriguing me recently, as well as distinctions between 'clinical death' and, I forget the term but, death-death. If my brain dumps all the dopamine at once, can I live on in a hallucinatory state with a distorted perception of time? Can these last seconds of life be dragged out for a subjective eternity? It seems plausible based on what little knowledge I have. Would all my serotonin at once make it an ecstatic paradise? Would the dumping of my memories 'bring back' my loved ones and would the dumping of my vocabulary and capacity for action, conscious and unconscious, mean we could interact in seemingly novel ways indefinitely? Conversely, could I also create a 'hell' or 'purgatory' from all of these things being dumped at once? Would an 'unnatural' death mess with this process and create some other kind of 'afterlife'? Do the last rites do something which alters the structure of the unconscious mind just before this dumping takes place which makes it more likely to take an agreeable form?

I think possibly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa
Reactions: Pin
Haha, you're the second person to tell me I'm right today.

Thank you @Asa !

Haha, be careful with that ego of yours, buddy :p

Reactions: G4RiiM and Pin