What's Your Enneagram Type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's Your Enneagram Type?

I actually had issues with the whole 1 thing. It's like a conflict of Fe and Fi. 1s have strong principles, an idea of right and wrong, and they pursue purpose. I detest viewing the world dichotomously if I can help it. Although when I am very confused or frustrated by something, it is often what I do. However, my personal philosophy has evolved to the point that I've discovered "harmonious truths." They are truths that don't challenge harmony, but promote it. Truths like, "Be the change you wish to see in the world," "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and "Love thy neighbor as yourself." Those are principles that I can embrace and I do feel much healthier when I live by them.

Satya said:
I actually had issues with the whole 1 thing. It's like a conflict of Fe and Fi. 1s have strong principles, an idea of right and wrong, and they pursue purpose.

Well, that's one thing you have to do -- cleanse your mind of MBTI-style thinking. The Enneagram is based on archetypes, not function combinations. So Fi and Fe have no real meaning here. you are in a completely different frame of reference. Yet, in the Enneagram, there is no distinction between INxJ really. They're the same.

If you want a comparison, Ones (I think) basically usually include IxxJ types, depending on the person and their specific qualities. Both INTJ and INFJ could fit under One, depending on their particular makeup. But your MBTI mind would rebel and say that makes no sense, right? :)

I detest viewing the world dichotomously if I can help it. Although when I am very confused or frustrated by something, it is often what I do. However, my personal philosophy has evolved to the point that I've discovered "harmonious truths." They are truths that don't challenge harmony, but promote it. Truths like, "Be the change you wish to see in the world," "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and "Love thy neighbor as yourself." Those are principles that I can embrace and I do feel much healthier when I live by them.

Those sound healthy to me. One's usually have issues with being judgmental of others with different standards, and can become aggressive or inwardly resentful against those who have lesser (or no apparent) standards. A 1w9 or a 1w2 are interesting... the 1w9 would seek to create harmony and avoid conflict, the 1w2 would more actively seek to serve others and become more engaged that way. Both have as an underpinning a keen sense of what is "moral," however, and that is what primarily guides their choices.

Type 1 Perfectionism 55%
Type 2 Helpfulness 47%
Type 3 Image Focus 40%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity 38%
Type 5 Detachment 75%
Type 6 Anxiety 51%
Type 7 Adventurousness 48%
Type 8 Aggressiveness 57%
Type 9 Calmness 57%

Guess I'm 5 through and through! My wing often changes but 5 always come out strongest, apparently 'I must be knowledgeable and independent to be happy'.

5w4. Hm. I usually get either that result or 4w5 when I take these tests.

ShaiGar said:
What about it did you not expect?

You don't seem to be the kind of person to have a mild martyr complex. At least that is not what you made yourself out to be.

sriv said:
ShaiGar said:
What about it did you not expect?

You don't seem to be the kind of person to have a mild martyr complex. At least that is not what you made yourself out to be.
What do you mean by a mild Martyr Complex? I do have several delusional god complexes where I consider myself to be god...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 68%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 41%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 45%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 80%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 25%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 48%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 71%

5 56 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
6 52 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
9 50 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
1 48 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
3 35 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
8 34 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
4 32 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
2 29 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
7 18 I must be high and entertained to be happy.

5 sp/so/sx

That would be by ordering 5w6, 6w5, 9w1, 1w9

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 68%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 44%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 72%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 57%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 40%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 74%

9 52 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
5 51 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
1 48 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
2 45 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
3 42 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
6 40 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
4 31 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
7 28 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
8 24 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Tis in my signature but I'll tell you anyway. 4w3 so/sx

My enneagram broke some time between May and now :(

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 32%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 32%

2 50 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
4 45 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
6 45 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
3 44 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
7 41 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
1 38 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
5 35 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
8 23 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
9 23 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.

so/sx/sp

When I took it year ago I got a pretty strong 4, so I don't know. I think my 6 is stronger than it should be, I'm just getting out of a very 6ish period but I'm not usually like that. Does everyone have to have a wing? I don't know much about enneagram. Not sure what's right out of the 2 and the 4. Can it vary a lot?

edit : OK, reading type description I am definitely more of a 4.

Shaz- said:
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 32%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 32%

2 50 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
4 45 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
6 45 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
3 44 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
7 41 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
1 38 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
5 35 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
8 23 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
9 23 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.

so/sx/sp

When I took it year ago I got a pretty strong 4, so I don't know. I think my 6 is stronger than it should be, I'm just getting out of a very 6ish period but I'm not usually like that. Does everyone have to have a wing? I don't know much about enneagram. Not sure what's right out of the 2 and the 4. Can it vary a lot?

edit : OK, reading type description I am definitely more of a 4.
As a 4 your wing will either be a 3 or 5, I don't think you have to have a wing though.

Four with a Three Wing: The Aristocrat

Healthy 4w3's can be both successful and inspired. They leave a personal touch in all the works they do, while maintaining some connection with the larger world. They enjoy public attention but are also committed to private self-exploration.

Average 4w3's can be provocative and attention-grabbing, whether through art or life. Their emotional turbulances are more on the surface than the more withdrawn 4w5's, and it often translates to immediate and widespread interpersonal impact. They can have problems with vanity and self-indulgence, and can resemble sevens in their love of luxury and pleasure. But unlike sevens, sensations are not sought in themselves but as another accessory to their fantasy identity. They tend to "hide away" once the problems with self-image caught up with them. They can also be competitive, play emotional games, and cause "dramas" of various sorts.

Unhealthy When 4w3's are unhealthy, they are prone to hysteria and shallow/melodramatic emotional displays. They can have pronounced issue with self-image and shame. They feel justified to act selfishly because of their suffering. Narcissism and jealousy is also common.

Four with a Five Wing: The Bohemian

Healthy 4w5's brings profound creativity and insights of the intrapsychic sort. Their emotions are more under-the-surface than 4w3's, and more private modes of communication (such as writing) are preferred. They have intellectual as well as emotional insights and can often synthesize experiences into something intensely personal yet timeless.

Average 4w5's are devoted to cultivation of a personal worldview, often by philosophical or artistic means. They are more likely than the 4w3's to be reclusive and out-of-touch with the greater social world, and to compensate they adopt unconventional/eccentric ways of life. They can be purposefully obscure and enigmatic in their expressions, then have an elitist and contemptuous view of those who failed to understand them. They tend to withdraw for prolonged periods under stress which can leave them further isolated. As a result, they are prone to hallucinatory states and total alienation.

Unhealthy 4w5's inhabit a terrifying fantasy-world of their own creation. Their emotional torments are turned inward, causing severe depression and self-destructive thoughts. While average 4w5's can romantize death, unhealthy 4w5's plunge into it.

There's a better website I use but I haven't book marked it and it's hiding from me but anyway, source of above.

similar minds 2so/sp/sx

2 22 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
1 21 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
6 21 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
4 18 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
5 18 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
3 13 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
7 9 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
8 9 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
9 7 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 38%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%

Lurker said:
As a 4 your wing will either be a 3 or 5, I don't think you have to have a wing though.

Four with a Three Wing: The Aristocrat
Four with a Five Wing: The Bohemian

There's a better website I use but I haven't book marked it and it's hiding from me but anyway, source of above.
Thank you! I can't relate to one more than to the other though. I find parts of myself in both. So I guess I'm just 4. or 4w5w3 :mrgreen:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 22%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 25%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 55%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 31%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 44%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 68%

sp/so/sx

Last edited:
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 18%
Type 5 Detachment |||||| 26%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||||| 86%

sxsosp.gif

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 34%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||| 31%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 72%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 57%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 34%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 80%

Type 9, Social variant. As always.

Last edited:
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 44%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 32%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 40%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 51%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||| 35%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 28%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

Your main type is Type 5 Your variant is sp/so/sx

Tests from similarminds tend to give me a much higher rating on 9 and 1, whereas most others give me considerably higher on 6 and very low on 1.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that should be sp/sx/so, not sp/so/sx.