What would you like to tell the child you once were? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What would you like to tell the child you once were?

"It's okay to be different. Don't try to be like them. Your awkwardness today is what your friends in the future will love the most about you. Be who you are. Don't compromise yourself."

If I could tell myself (as a child) anything, it would be:

Learn to tell others how you feel, and that you do not do well with surprises. Let them know how it shocks you and shuts down your responses, and to please give you time to think about situations and readjust.

That you are not being snappy because you don't care... you are just tired and in need of solitude. (You will be a single mother who works full time. Yea, you're going to have two girls!! :)).

Please take the time to think and process your world. If you don't do this, you will die inside.

Men will mainly want you for your sexuality, more so than your entirety. You will have to choose VERY wisely hun, just like the rest of your gender. And honestly? If you end up going without, you won't feel lonely. :hug:

Your little sister will someday love you more than anyone else in the world. You'll be her role model.

Accept that mom and dad are not who you need them to be. Accept that they live in fear, while you do not. And, they will learn from you when you are a mother...

Know that you are destined for great things. All the strange occurrences that happen to you with respect to how you know things without being able to explain why, will land you in an amazing internet community, when you are 39 years old...

That you will spend much of your life feeling void, and what you feel to a large degree, will come from momentary external influences.

You are going to be a great writer.

That if I could be your mother, I would... and I always wished that I was. It'll be ok little Ria. :tea:

• Just because someone's in a position of authority doesn't mean they're mentally or emotionally mature, and more to the point, adults can be wrong in both word and action.

• People can be awful and unconscionably cruel. Learn how to recognize that and don't allow others to harm you or twist you up inside. Forgive them and move on.

• Try to approach situations peacefully (especially the atrocious ones), and strive for a state in which you're not always fighting against every negative thing that comes your way.

• I'd also echo most of what everyone else has said about trusting in yourself and your abilities and being true to yourself.
But, I don't know, as horrible as things were growing up, I wouldn't be who I am now without having been subject to the learning process that we all go through.

Last edited:
Listen to your uncle when you were five: "You should be a doctor."

Don't mind me, but being quite the INTP, I am compelled to point out that there is an inherent paradox here. By giving our younger selves sage advice we would grow up knowing to avoid the very experiences that would later lead us to give such advice. On the other hand, another possible scenario is that even without such life experiences, we would remember the advice we heard when we were young (who could forget the words of a time traveler?) and, therefore, for the sake of maintaining space-time coherence we would need to go back in time and repeat the same words. In this case the words would have no meaning because they would not have been based on experience, which was avoided because of the advice to our younger selves. You're older self would have to say them anyway. It's a loop in time.

Reactions: Detective Conan
Don't mind me, but being quite the INTP, I am compelled to point out that there is an inherent paradox here. By giving our younger selves sage advice we would grow up knowing to avoid the very experiences that would later lead us to give such advice. On the other hand, another possible scenario is that even without such life experiences, we would remember the advice we heard when we were young (who could forget the words of a time traveler?) and, therefore, for the sake of maintaining space-time coherence we would need to go back in time and repeat the same words. In this case the words would have no meaning because they would not have been based on experience, which was avoided because of the advice to our younger selves. You're older self would have to say them anyway. It's a loop in time.

The point is that if you could ignore that loop, and just bitch and moan to the past without consequence, what would you do?

If I could time travel, I think I'd do a lot more than tracking down and saying something to my past self, considering it'd just be stuff I already heard before (pun intended). I guess I would tell him not to bother with the females he was interested in back in high school. The experiences weren't worth the consequences :m100::m169:.

The point is that if you could ignore that loop, and just bitch and moan to the past without consequence, what would you do?

:) yes.

When you feel like you are passionate about something, go for it. No matter what anyone says. And when you finally get the chance, run away, follow your heart. It doesn't lie.

"Hey. You're seeing your future self right now. I hope you'll be traumatized forever because of this. Have a good day!"

^

Why I wouldn't tell anything.

If this wasn't a problem... I probably wouldn't say anything either.

I would smile, stroke her hair back, kiss her head & embrace her. Maybe whisper, "I love you." & stroke her chin, upon leaving.

I would say:

Sandra, when something feels wrong do not be afraid to put a stop to it. You know when something isn't right, when you are being mistreated and when you are being lied to and hurt by someone. You are not responsible for their feelings. In fact, you have no responsibility to them what so ever.

Don't take your therapist's advice. Find a new one.

Choose to do the right things for yourself.

Don't quit piano.

Reactions: jyrffw54
When you turn 18, the LOTTO numbers are:....

Reactions: Chamomile
In a few years a man with a beard will try to recruit you. Whether you accept or decline is up to you - but don't be quick to answer - because otherwise you will end up wondering for years to come whether you ever had a choice.

I'd tell myself about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, and try to convince my young self to
get heavily into computers and their operating systems because it is where the money will be made in the future.

Your self worth and emotional security isn't dependent on what people think of you.

Reactions: aerosol