What send shivers down your spine? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What send shivers down your spine?

The second one might (that eye), but the first one is just a part of my childhood, not creepy just malfunction. You push that eye back in, and voila! Doll's functioning. :sweatsmile:
That man made into a doll is max creepy. I guess Vsauce needs to analyze this phenomenon :fearscream:

Reactions: Misty and Fluffball
But you gotta look at it with humour. Rather see him as some goofy guy than what he actually is..

Unblinking eyes, gean and the fact that he is devoid of little facial muscle group movements, while talking. It's either blank or rhisus sardonicus (tetanus muscle spasm face) full on. No nuances. On/Off facial expression is not something I am used to seeing in humans.

..that would be a psychopath.

There's a nice video of someone analysing this. Searching.

But you gotta look at it with humour. Rather see him as some goofy guy than what he actually is.

..that would be a psychopath.

There's a nice video of someone analysing this. Searching.

That doesn't blink, but other than that...yeah totally fine lad.

there we go.

Yeah he's more human-like in that (I'm still convinced he's a lizard of some sort lol), but just some of his videos are worse, that's where I was more coming of. Also, this blinking rate is not in my view entirely normal... But yeah, that's my personal choice of a creepy thing.

Reactions: larcipelago
Well, as a kid there was an clowns episode that creeped me out from Extreme Ghostbusters (great series btw).
And yeah, pastor didn't exactly give me giddy vibes during the interview.

Ah ghostbuster, my childhood fave. Evil clown, I hate them too (not that scared tho)

Reactions: Misty and dragulagu
But to answer the question - the deep sea. That's where creatures like this hang out:
anglerfish_thumb.jpg

But to answer the question - the deep sea. That's where creatures like this hang out:
anglerfish_thumb.jpg
Or giant squids. The depths are full of rather peculiar creatures, though knowing that I have a minuscule chance of getting close and personal with them makes it less creepy and more of a morbid fascination.

Reactions: Misty
The creep factor for me was Madonna's Eurovision performance last year. I'm not even going to post it here, it disturbs me so much.

(Word of warning: if you're not in a good head space right now, I don't suggest you seek it out)

I went through a searching phase in which I visited a lot of churches in my area. I went to a "spirit filled" (Pentecostal) church with a neighbor. All was fine until the whole congregation started speaking in tongues. Some people were yelling in tongues. It was a really strange sort of nervousness. I did not feel like it was dangerous or anything but I found it really creepy to have people acting just fine one minute to flailing around the room and yelling/singing/speaking in a cacophony of tongues the next. I was the only one standing there not doing it. I was thinking, "Ok, I think I'd like to go, now." And then the pastor started yelling from the pulpit something about someone (probably me) resisting the holy spirit. I guess religious fervor really weirds me out.

Last edited:
So far, the Madonna thing isn't creepy to me. I think it depends on how you associate the theme. It's based on what I consider artificially creepy in movies back when that was a thing.
Then again, I like sp00ky shit, and listen to witch house, so maybe don't listen to me.
I'm not devaluing how you feel about it, nor am I positing any resilience. I am just analyzing why I feel the way I feel, and perhaps why it's different for you/anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
I watched it and it was creepy. I can see how symbolism may tie in with current events. The comments on the video state that, too. I always thought Like a Prayer was an innuendo about a BJ so to end on that note was an especially wild ride. I'm more perplexed by those performance choices than anything.

Last edited: