What personality trait in people raises a red flag with you? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What personality trait in people raises a red flag with you?

lololol sounds like you have stuff for your forum series now.

Haha, well that would be interesting, but if anyone has had NDE (and I know at least one person on the forum has) I might be wary of giving the impression that I'm trivialising it. Just something to keep in mind.

Haha, well that would be interesting, but if anyone has had NDE (and I know at least one person on the forum has) I might be wary of giving the impression that I'm trivialising it. Just something to keep in mind.
Not NDE! I meant the oh fuck I'm dying moments that totally have nothing to do with dying but has everything to do with wanting to die of embarrassment or is super funny

E.g.

I once was on a roller coaster and my seatbelt cut loose. That was a funny oh fuck I'm dying moment.

My souvenir photo was epic.

True story.

P.s. good call though

Yes, trivialising others beliefs isn't kind nor open-minded.

It's ironic to me how many people are quick to judge something they've not experienced themselves.

A quiet mind can experience phenomena that a busy mind overlooks.

***damn. I came in here to say that Inauthenticity, lack of transparency... a huge redflag.

Yes, massively lol.

Do you want to know more about it? Maybe we could create a thread in the Philosophy section.

That would be very interesting thread.
I've learned to trust my intuition, but several times I experienced it as something rather foreboding - the most powerful was before the death of two close people in my life. It led to lot of overthinking and self-reflection.

No. There's no scientific basis for it. There. Drop the subject.

But Maikl! If we kept anchoring everything on scientific basis, how else could we initiate explorations on thought and uncover new knowledge?

Maikl's right, but the issue is that intuition is so unpredictable that it is difficult to study scientifically. Scientists who believe intuition is real acknowledge this problem with studying it. Until it can be isolated in a study we won't know much about how it works, but I hope that time comes.

Anyways, final thought before I get off.... so that ya'll don't think I'm totally crazy for bringing up OOBE subjects - Just, check out Swedenborg...
He was an 18th century scientist. He claimed to have gotten a lot of inspiration from a "man" he had discussions with in the other realm.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Emanuel_Swedenborg,_Scientist_and_Mystic/Chapter_1

We don't think you're crazy, Maikl-san.

However, we do think you totally shouldn't leave this forum because you add a lot to it. :kissingheart:

That would be very interesting thread.
I've learned to trust my intuition, but several times I experienced it as something rather foreboding - the most powerful was before the death of two close people in my life. It led to lot of overthinking and self-reflection.

Ok, I'll create a thread in a bit so we can discuss this complicated and transcendental subject as much as we want ;)

the issue is that intuition is so unpredictable that it is difficult to study scientifically. Scientists who believe intuition is real acknowledge this problem with studying it.
Yeah, it's kind of hard to set up a situation that intuition would help with (such as the examples given in this thread) under lab conditions.
Then there's the question of, okay, what do we measure, and how?

the claims that people make about leaving their bodies and communicating with beings in different dimensions is not a "wacky" thing or unheard of.
The problem isn't that these claims are 'wacky'. That's not a very useful term, scientific or otherwise. (Let's be honest, a lot of physics is wacky too, but nevertheless true.)
The problem is that these claims are indistinguishable from imagination or hallucination, from an outside perspective.
I fully believe that these people are telling the truth about their subjective experiences.
The feeling of being outside one's body is not uncommon, it happens in dissociative disorders, for example. It's not a stretch to think that this could occur under different circumstances too.

Intuition is a visceral sign of either bad gas or you being able to recognise crucial subtle signs sufficiently

Anyways, final thought before I get off.... so that ya'll don't think I'm totally crazy for bringing up OOBE subjects - Just, check out Swedenborg...
He was an 18th century scientist. He claimed to have gotten a lot of inspiration from a "man" he had discussions with in the other realm.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Emanuel_Swedenborg,_Scientist_and_Mystic/Chapter_1
Linus Pauling was a brilliant chemist and Nobel laureate, but he got some really wacky ideas about vitamin C tho

Based on my interactions of the last couple years:
  • People who overly identify with their intelligence.
  • Childish anger over negligible stuff: it's a sign for people having an irrational need to have things their own way and for people being unable to recognize a different point of view
  • Like @Asa and @acd said, some people just exude a vibe that you want to stay away from
  • Excessive need for attention and approval, often conntected with ass kissing towards people with a higher social rank
  • Changing loyalties based on social standing
I'm sure there is more if I dug deeper.