What makes you strong? | INFJ Forum

What makes you strong?

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by technics, Dec 21, 2011.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by technics
  1. technics

On Holiday

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Yes
    I've been thinking about this. I have travelled for a week and now that I'm home again I realize that I've changed a bit. Minimally, subtly, but I know something has shifted. And I think I have become a bit weaker. So I would like to know: What makes you strong?

I think within me it's a blend of Te and Fi. The Te is the sober one, the Fi is the one that cuts through. And its cuts through everything. A few months ago I wrote in my diary that I think my strength comes from the fact that I've bathed my heart in hate, basically the dark side of Fi. Does this make any sense to you? And what do you think of it?

2. AUM

AUM The Romantic Scientist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Can you expand? What do you mean by "bathed your heart in the dark side of Fi"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bradgarbus

bradgarbus Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 1w2 & 1w9
    feeling unconditional love... that makes me not only strong, but makes time seem to stand still in that moment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    grt$5vb likes this.
  4. JGirl

JGirl no chocolate flavored gum? wow

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    sometimes i am a real wimp, but i am as strong as i will ever need to be in any situation. i may not feel particularly strong, but i when the crunch is on i can tap into unlimited strength. we all can.
    i believe it is available to me, and it is. like confidence, like self love.

5. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    +1

I'm not sure what it is.
    There does seem to be some force that takes over from within..Something I'm not totally familiar with.. whenever I'm really failing and pathetic and low--that pushes me to fight or work or think harder.
    A natural tenacity. Or maybe I learned it from example because my mom is a strong person who pushes herself.

+1
    Maybe it's been reinforced and strengthened because even when horrible things happen or when I fail, people still care for me and support me.

6. Vict

Vict mechanical and habitual agent
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTP
    Enneagram:
    Certainty.

7. bionic

bionic sexy coconut
    Infraction Bin

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    8w9 sp/sx
    I wish I knew what made me so strong but honestly... the only reason I can think of is my inner need to feel protected. I never felt protected as a child so I always found ways to feel secure in places where I lacked. I had plenty of love from inner family as a child but I lacked a stable, secure home and I was always sick so I found ways to feel 'okay' with it. Then once I got older, I found ways to change it by saving money or finding ways to improve my illnesses. So I guess in retrospect, my own insecurities are my reason for strength. I've just learned to work with them instead of working against them.

grt$5vb likes this.
  8. Sloe Djinn

Sloe Djinn Idiot with Internet Access.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    Enneagram:
    6w7
    When people I care about are as stressed or scared as I am.

grt$5vb likes this.
  9. grt$5vb

Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w/5 sx/sp
    self-reliance, and knowing I can get shit done, because I have to.

10. Matariki

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    N/A
    Enneagram:
    N/A
    My determination and my ability to take a solid hit or two.

11. InvisibleJim

Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    The strength of an individual can be determined by one simple to gauge factor:

How much cake they can consume in a single sitting.

12. bradgarbus

bradgarbus Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 1w2 & 1w9
    Have you ever seen the movie or read the book "The Celestine Prophecy" ? It has opened my mind to thinking about 'our gifts' in new ways... Pretty amazing... Every time I watch the movie I get goose bumps and cry... I think when we look at our gifts using the imagination it helps us not only enhance our INFx, but it just opens us to unlimited inner strength. I can't put it into words... I strongly suspect that the writer/author James Redfield is an INFx...

13. Tamara

Tamara Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxJ
    Enneagram:
    ---
    I have a strong love for myself. In a way, I feel sorry for myself. That's why I can't wait to have a kid someday. I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself. I can worry about someone else for a change.

Also, my mom is a strong person, and this helps tremendously. She's an ISFP, and I've seen her cry two times in my life. She takes the scariness out of scary situations. She had a mother die when she was 13, a sister die at the age of 12, and other siblings and a father die later on in life (her mother had 15 children...having a big family also may have contributed to her strong personality). Of all the family deaths she have experienced, her husband (my dad) was the most difficult to overcome. So much so, now she likes women (gay, bisexual, whatever you want to call it--and I'm having a hard time dealing with this). I don't know what that's all about. I wish I could psycho-analyze this behavior, but I'm clueless.

#13 Tamara, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  14. OP
    technics

On Holiday

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Yes
    I think the Star Wars theme really captures it well. It means going over to the dark side, seeing the world not in terms of love (which INFJs probably usually do), but in terms of hate. It means you are willing to corrupt yourself to become powerful and invulnerable. It's the point where you accept that there is no morality, but that every morality is just a side effect of power. Another Hollywood quote: In Dark Knight someone said "You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time". It's along those lines.

15. Sensiko

Sensiko Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Squats, deadlifts, burpees, running ...being physically strong does wonders for my mental health and/or strength.

16. barbad0s

Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    POOP
    i think the only thing is being with people that i can be myself around

17. buttercup

On Holiday

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    When I have people around me who are supportive and caring. That really helps make me strong.

18. Matt3737

Matt3737 Similes are like songs in love.

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I feel a common thread in this...thread is the proverbial saying, 'Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.'

19. Sai

Sai Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 2 or 4
    listening to heavy metal, winning a battle, reading the hagakure, watching a thunder storm and praying to gaiia and father thunder!

20. MissionHouse

MissionHouse Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Dealing with bullshit for 36 years will really do a number on your overall character and take on things in general.