What Kind of Winged Creature are you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Kind of Winged Creature are you?

Pheonix.jpg

A fairy like May's avatar!
GreenWingedFairy_LG.jpg

cept dark brunett of course XD

A bit of trivia fun: back before Christianity some cultures like the celts saw the Fey and fairy folk as Angelic creatures. Basicly take an Angel, change it's wings to butterfly or dragonfly type, and put the emphasis on nature and you have Fairies.

You know that daone sidhe were capricious, cruel, and often downright evil right? The original faerie tales were told as a manual of how to deal with, or avoid the fae.

Luna Moth. I always have the most amazing dreams of them.. They supposedly represent emotions and intuition.. and usually in my dreams the moth is leading me away from danger.

MothLuna.jpg

news-graphics-2007-_634194a.jpg

I am always watching.

Penguins-1-OnWater.jpg

Someday I'll learn how to fly.

(no fat jokes!!)

A pseudodragon.

MonstersO-R.Pseudodragon.jpg

this is very close...

lamia.jpg

You know that daone sidhe were capricious, cruel, and often downright evil right? The original faerie tales were told as a manual of how to deal with, or avoid the fae.

that's true! Originaly fairytales where told to make childeren afraid so that they would not wonder around outside at night

There were the 2 sides yes. Also if you want to you could say that the Tuatha de dannan were a sort of cross between fey and angels, and were claimed to be another race of humans driven off to the otherworld. They certainly were described as perfect in some cases. Not quite fey though.

If I'm not a Brass Monkey I'd prefer to be a Copper Dragon

copperadult.jpg

Being a winged creature I'd want to play it a bit puckish, these fellows personify this.

If I'm not a Brass Monkey I'd prefer to be a Copper Dragon

copperadult.jpg

Being a winged creature I'd want to play it a bit puckish, these fellows personify this.
Hahaha, so you want to be the dragon type that play pranks on people huh ;)

PhoenixRising.jpg

I relate very much to the phoenix.

Reactions: Gaze
Hahaha, so you want to be the dragon type that play pranks on people huh ;)

Harmless fun pranks that helped them grow as a person. :m177:

Harmless fun pranks that helped them grow as a person. :m177:
I love the look of the copper dragon, they have rounder and almost "softer" looking faces. Not to mention the wing webbing stretches down to their tails which seem reminiscent of Chinese type dragons. Overall, //thumbs up!

You talk of the difference in the Seeley and Unseeley courts. Perhaps from Spensers "The Faerie Queene" you get your notion that they are perfect, but this is an english tale. The Tuatha De Dannan are an interesting story, perhaps a left over from when the spanish celts invaded. There are a number of stories about them that I believe are far easier attributed to the original inhabitants, like the Fir Bolg.

Her Majesties Court (Seeley) and His Majesties Court (Unseeley) have a difference only of capriciousness and cruelty. Make no mistake though, even Her Majesty can be cruel. Take the story of True Tom, a welsh poet the queen took as a lover and when he wished to leave she cursed him to tell only the truth, exact and literal. He could no longer make his living and had to return to the Queen.

His majesty has a far worse reputation, as Amadan Na Briona, and through Goethes poem Der Erlkoenig.

I love the look of the copper dragon, they have rounder and almost "softer" looking faces. Not to mention the wing webbing stretches down to their tails which seem reminiscent of Chinese type dragons. Overall, //thumbs up!

Couldn't agree more. :)

But... pseudodragons...

:m142:

But... pseudodragons...

:m142:
AWWWW no cry! They are adorable ^^ //huggles
You two make me want to read the draconomicon (Dnd 3.5 edition) again.

AWWWW no cry! They are adorable ^^ //huggles
You two make me want to read the draconomicon (Dnd 3.5 edition) again.

Ahh Dungeons and Dragons, good times.

A phoenix. Always. <3

PhoenixBird.jpg