what is your source of joy? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

what is your source of joy?

Is joy selfish?

Yes, it only benefits the self. Feigning Joy benefits others and not the self. That is why a schiz like me who never feels joy is more capable of being more selfless than most feelers. This fits in with my life code which allows me to maintain some form of connection with humanity.

Yes, it only benefits the self. Feigning Joy benefits others and not the self. That is why a schiz like me who never feels joy is more capable of being more selfless than most feelers. This fits in with my life code which allows me to maintain some form of connection with humanity.

Schiz? Code?

Hello fellow schizoid
I am quite anti-social myself

Sorry, to be completely honest, I avoid opportunities to connect with others. My Anti-social nature is mostly by choice but my tact for avoidance has become instinctual. I am not fond of connecting and I am still uncertain why... but have some ideas.

Last edited:
Success
Family
Nature

Last edited:
Being authentically me
Seeing beauty in everyday life
Hanging with my inner circle
Positive regard from others when I do something few others can do, especially when their opinion matters to me

Sorry, to be completely honest, I avoid opportunities to connect with others. My Anti-social nature is mostly by choice but my tact for avoidance has become instinctual. I am not fond of connecting and I am still uncertain why... but have some ideas.

I know why I hate getting close. It is not just because they are all idiots as I like to claim. More specific than that, it is their resentment that scared me off as a child. I picked up on so much resentment that people seemed to be unaware of. They directed it at smaller, nonthreatening people, like little me. Their internal drama wore me out. It exhausts me. If only they could see it, then direct at themselves for change. That as opposed to taking it out on me and others. So much hatred in people. Who would want to be around that? I don't. Now I'm accustomed to being alone. Their ways are stupid anyways. Ridiculous social norms.

I relish solving puzzles in many different forms. Seeing kids smile a genuine smile is a central source of my joy within life.

I am not sure what my answer to this is at the minute, I like to learn things and I'm curious about things. I like it when bad guys get their just desserts too.

I know why I hate getting close. It is not just because they are all idiots as I like to claim. More specific than that, it is their resentment that scared me off as a child. I picked up on so much resentment that people seemed to be unaware of. They directed it at smaller, nonthreatening people, like little me. Their internal drama wore me out. It exhausts me. If only they could see it, then direct at themselves for change. That as opposed to taking it out on me and others. So much hatred in people. Who would want to be around that? I don't. Now I'm accustomed to being alone. Their ways are stupid anyways. Ridiculous social norms.

I can relate to the base of what you are saying. Relationships are a lot of work and mostly for their benefit as I am entirely satisfied being on my own. I prefer to reserve 'connecting' in that way for a very few because I can only give so much and I want to ensure those few get everything they need from me.

I grew up around drama, and have come to the conclusion that these people are blind. No matter how much effort we put into showing them the varied perceptions of reality they see only their dark world as being the solid and unwavering truth.

My disconnect from humanity:

I dont understand why people enjoy sports as if they themselves were accomplishing some great feat in watching a stranger put a ball through a hoop.
I don't understand why people get so excited about some pictures of some mountains another person took.
I don't get why people are excited about showing off a car they spent a load of money on when the car is overkill and they will never be able to use it at its full potential, plus the money could have been used to help others or improve themselves.
I don't understand why 50% of peoples thoughts, words, and actions are related in some way to sex.
I dont get why people get angry when most situations are better handled in a calm manner.
I don't get why peolple lie to eachother, giving eachother false confidence, as if that would somehow make things better for them, and I dont get why the other party believes those lies.
I dont get why people care about image; the only practical purpose of image is to decieve others into thinking I am a competent person because I wear a tie, or that I am a good family guy and decent member of society because I keep my grass shorter than is practical.

Everyday they show how impractical they are, how biased they are to some ideal only they can comprehend but is not helpful to anyone else. They show how ruled they are by their environment, so manipulated by their situations. Their minds are caged by their emotions and how the world affects them. I am arrogant as I cannot help but believe they are all unreasonable, like animals, they are slaves to their desires. So what am I if they are human? Am I even human?

While part of me believes there is much wrong with humanity, I then realize the blessing their emotions and desires bring to the world. I have to accept their differences and not let myself see only wrongness in them for it is without a doubt they see a great wrongness in me. I must balance their wrongness with their greatness and accept them as they are.

I think I know why they love sports. The mentality is at it's core about striving towards something.
And of course sex is on our minds all the time. I love that.

I think I know why they love sports. The mentality is at it's core about striving towards something.
And of course sex is on our minds all the time. I love that.

I understand that mentality for the one playing the game but what about they guy sitting on the couch using his tummy as a table for the Cheetos? If it is about success in fitness and physical skill, isn't the guy on the couch failing at it?

[MENTION=9860]Grayman[/MENTION]

You bask in the glory of the success of the team you're rooting for. How many times haven't you heard 'we did it' from supporters?

And when the team is losing, you can diminish the loss. I mean psh, it wasn't you who lost. was it?

I understand that mentality for the one playing the game but what about they guy sitting on the couch using his tummy as a table for the Cheetos? If it is about success in fitness and physical skill, isn't the guy on the couch failing at it?

It is my understanding that they actually believe they are like honorary team members. They believe their dirty mismatched socks will help the team win. I win for their team is a win for them. Their team goes to Superbowl, they go to Superbowl. That, and the bonding you mentioned.

It is my understanding that they actually believe they are like honorary team members. They believe their dirty mismatched socks will help the team win. I win for their team is a win for them. Their team goes to Superbowl, they go to Superbowl. That, and the bonding you mentioned.

Do you think we can somehow enter the illusion and be a part of it and experience it in order to fully understand it? How do they allow themselves to believe these things?

Isn't the player who says "I want to thank my fans for I wouldn't be here without them." extorting money from the this illusion by promoting it? He could do everything he did without them but would be a lot less richer.

When a cross country marathon runner looks for sponsorship people support him with money so that he may succeed but they are fully aware of the cause they are supporting and the runner isn't going to get rich from it. The runner gets the benefit of his own success from it.

It may sound selfish, but I'd have to say my own imagination and inner reason is my source of joy. I love my friends and family, but I'm much happier reading or browsing articles online, playing video games alone, and posting my thoughts on forums like this one!

I hope that doesn't sound completely antisocial. Like I said, I love my friends and family and happily spend time with them when they are just hanging around, or offer to help when they need it. I would be miserable without them. However, when I am away from them, I find I'm more joyful in reading, writing and thinking.

This is solid spiritual advice for men. I don't think anyone here is judging you. Pretty stoked you've found some inner joy. A portion of men need solitude in their spiritual practice. Obviously family comes first after we are charged up and happy. I can make it about 3 days without solitude.