what is your source of joy? | INFJ Forum

what is your source of joy?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
What is your source of joy? How does it correspond to your system of values? Any examples welcome, think broadly, philosophically or religiously, be true.

Reactions: barbad0s
It may sound selfish, but I'd have to say my own imagination and inner reason is my source of joy. I love my friends and family, but I'm much happier reading or browsing articles online, playing video games alone, and posting my thoughts on forums like this one!

I hope that doesn't sound completely antisocial. Like I said, I love my friends and family and happily spend time with them when they are just hanging around, or offer to help when they need it. I would be miserable without them. However, when I am away from them, I find I'm more joyful in reading, writing and thinking.

Is joy selfish?

Connecting with others on an intellectual level, protecting life, spreading love, being trusted

Reactions: muir
[video=youtube;UHohEY-IQ_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHohEY-IQ_w[/video]

Reactions: muir
I really like when other people are happy. It makes me feel like the world is going to ok. That if they could just stay like that, all of the worlds problems would evaporate. Fantasy yes but at least for the few minutes it lasts, its "joy".

I get joy from noticing things that are mostly overlooked.

When I see an invisible person (someone who is completely ignored, or overlooked), like a lonely old woman putting out her garbage, I like to notice the little things like how she goes about it (sometimes a clever, or careful, or an efficient manner), how she carries herself, the little details about grooming. I like to notice all the little details which show what is important to a person. Noticing these little quirks makes the invisible person somehow very important to me - and in the last few years I have made a point of going out of my way to compliment 'invisible people' on some positive aspect, which is clearly important to them. The joy that people get from someone noticing something important to them make my day.

Reactions: Scientia
When I see other people happy, it makes me happy. Also having a deep meaningful connection with someone special gives me a joy.

I have several. The expansion of my personality towards an integrated whole; finding the solution to problems & solving puzzles; helping lift another person out of suffering or discomfort; language games; writing; reading; the feel of wind and rain and warm sunshine on my skin in the morning; playing with my 175 pound Tibetan mastiff when I wake up and come home from work; seeing and making other people smile and laugh; knowing that even if everything is not ok, everything is really ok; existing purely in the present, a Zen-state; talking with friends late into the night or spending time with them one-on-one.

I do not think that joy is selfish - it just is, like most emotions.

Right now, daft punk!

[video=youtube;QOngRDVtEQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOngRDVtEQI[/video]

Seriously though, watching my political opponents get rekt is a source of very real joy.

I like music and books, although good company or fraternity, as I understand it, is really important. Its also pretty rare. Of the three modern political goals, liberty, equality and fraternity, its the most neglected and the least easily realised.

I like being able to take in the emotions I feel being portrayed in the arts and whatnot and use them to inspire me to create something of my own that I hope will reach another human being.

I love nature, and observing it makes me feel joyfull. A love when snowflakes touch my cheeks and i love storms.Also good company and good books.

Walking/hiking forest trails. No electronics, no interruptions, just forest and life. I like to go alone just so people's chatter doesn't start drowning out the serenity.

Mostly small things bring me joy…
A nostalgic scent that reminds you of a moment as a child. Growing, and watering, and pruning, then picking and eating or admiring vegetables and flowers.
Every single moment that I spend with my Son.
Reading….either something that really makes me think or something purely fantastical and fun.
My SO…she does so much for me, in so many ways…I can only say “Thank you” over and over and hope you know how much your love means to me.
Completion of a successful surgery…knowing that I gave each person I worked on my very best.
Dreaming brings me joy….both day dreaming and dreams while I am asleep. I don’t day dream all that often, but occasionally I like to spend a day in my thoughts without any interruptions. I have been having particularly vivid dreams lately…I don’t know if they are trying to convey a message from my subconsciousness or not…but I am really enjoying the bizarreness and excitement they bring.
Fixing things. Or refinishing old furniture…I have quite a few antiques…most of them I have restored.
Again…my Son, spending time, going to a movie, the park, the creek, teaching him to ride a skateboard, amazed at how tall he is now, proud that he always gets good grades and his teacher even mentioned to me that he questions her (politely) when he thinks she is wrong (she was more than once) and thinks critically.
I quite biased about him…but what parent isn’t?
I get joy if I am actually able to sleep in for just an hour…more would be nice but that is unrealistic.
Hmmm…puppy breath.
End.

Reactions: Yatagarasu
music, connecting with people and dancing 8though I can't dance).

I also like to help people, and as scary as it can be; change.